The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT and NA Lowerings springs?

Lacoste82

Hey, i hope that all of you fellow supra owners are enjoying the summer.:)

Im currently on the look out for some lowering springs to my 93 Jap spec n/a, ive looked at Tein, H&R, GMax, Cobra, Eibach and so on - And what ive noticed as that there are lowering spring for the Turbo model, aswell as the n/a, not surprisingly.

The difference between the lowerings springs for the Turbo and the n/a, seems to be length the car is lowered, many of the TT lowerings kits loweres equally front and rear(3,5 - 4 cm), and the n/a springs loweres 3 - 4cm front and about 2 - 2,5cm rear - Again, nothing to be mistaken about.

My question is, however, if there are any other differences when wanting to fit springs made for a TT, to an n/a model? - The reason for me asking, is that there are about 5cm of free space above my back wheels as it is right now(19" tires and brand new wheels!) - Therefore im wondering wheater or not the 2,5cm lowering from the n/a lowerings springs will be sufficient or if im to go for the 4cm TT lowering springs?

Thx in advance!:)

• 7 months later...

be carefull when buying lowering spring.

although they dont lower the rear buy much they can lower the front to much and cause a harsh ride that crashes over bumps and tire rubbing

and can also make it hard to get the right geo setup also making the car handle badly

Exactly as above - you should be looking at spring rates, not how much they lower the car. The NA has a lower srping rate than the TT, so you need to ensure you get springs matched to the NA.

I have TT suspension on my NA, the front is FAR too hard/crashy on the front and it does not handle nicely.

Eibach are OK, but lower the car too much, IMO. With Bilstein dampers that can be addressed. If you have an N/A fit N/A specific springs, not only will TT springs give a harsher ride, it will also sit higher than expected. I fitted some customer supplied G Max to a car and they looked feeble in rate. I checked them on the spring tester and they were.... the car was also on its knees with them fitted, but as that seemed to please him, no worries :)