The mkiv Supra Owners Club

COD Black Ops

trinitom

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a bit of a camper Havard lol. All I have to do is look at the minimap and look at teh blue arrow that's facing the same direction for the past 15 minutes and know its you :p Mind you, you do play on Hardcore so its important to do it really for map control.

Man I'm so bored here at work....I can't wait for this!!!!

people say camping takes no skill but i disagree it takes a lot of skill to ensure you dodge rockets nube toobs and nades that come in droves when people want you out of a building and the number of my lovely claymores that have been killed before doing there duty is frightening

• 2 weeks later...
i hope the queue outside hmv manchester isnt too big. when i queued for the last wow expansion its was proper cold....hoping to prestige quickly with black ops

I'm glad I suspended my WoW account. I spent £100 on a flipping flying dragon. I got a call from China and had to do the transaction in some back alley in Ratchet. I felt like I was getting services from a prostitute.

Tooley, we all know you'll prestige quicker than most :p Missed you man- will be good to play with you again. This time round you can have a camera and claymore placed to annoy players :D

Lol damn you, you beat me to it. I was going to post this.

Agreed- brilliant news!! Can't wait man.

2 more weeks!!!!!!

Must admit, QS was one of the main reasons I gave up with MW2. So well chuffed to hear about this :D

Im hoping for a supermarket price war... Ready for Asda at midnight :Pling:

I'm glad I suspended my WoW account. I spent £100 on a flipping flying dragon. I got a call from China and had to do the transaction in some back alley in Ratchet. I felt like I was getting services from a prostitute.

What the hell does this mean??

Im hoping they get a handle on the hackers

Personally Im loving Halo Reach, its a level playing field where even I can win, and have won a few games :D That has never happed on COD, evar :(

I thought that was the going rate for PC games?

Killstreak rewards:

Highlight all the following to read them: (text is white, some may not want to know) ;)

Spy Plane – Basically a UAV but you can’t shoot it down.

Gunship Turret – In the video, you were in a gunship fling circles around the map, firing a Gatling gun. Your perspective was that of the person firing the turret and you had no control over the gunship.

Mobile Turret – This is just like the turret from MW2, although in this case, during the video, I saw the guy reposition the turret after setting it down and getting a few kills.

Mobile Sam – This is an anti-air support weapon. Similar to the mobile turret. Just set down and forget.

Remote Control Missile – after firing, you get a black and white CCTV image of the missiles point of view. You’re able to control the pitch and direction of the missile and basically fly it anywhere until it strikes something.

Remote Control Car – Drive a remote control car around and blow someone up with it.

Counter Spy Plane – Didn’t get a good look at what this does, but it seems to take out spy planes.

Fly a Cobra (not actual perk name) – You actually fly the helicopter and have a machine gun and rockets to fire on your own.

Mortar Strike – It allows you to set up three separate strikes on a map, where ever you choose.

Attack Dogs – Same as WaW, but, you can escape from them IF you don’t fire your weapon…

General Gunship – Cobra flies around and shoots at enemies.

Air Strike By B-57 – You set the direction and a B-57 drops a ton of bombs in a line.

Napalm Strike – Similar to the Air Strike, but with a blanket of fiery hell.

I thought that was the going rate for PC games?

Killstreak rewards:

Highlight all the following to read them: (text is white, some may not want to know) ;)

Spy Plane – Basically a UAV but you can’t shoot it down.

Gunship Turret – In the video, you were in a gunship fling circles around the map, firing a Gatling gun. Your perspective was that of the person firing the turret and you had no control over the gunship.

Mobile Turret – This is just like the turret from MW2, although in this case, during the video, I saw the guy reposition the turret after setting it down and getting a few kills.

Mobile Sam – This is an anti-air support weapon. Similar to the mobile turret. Just set down and forget.

Remote Control Missile – after firing, you get a black and white CCTV image of the missiles point of view. You’re able to control the pitch and direction of the missile and basically fly it anywhere until it strikes something.

Remote Control Car – Drive a remote control car around and blow someone up with it.

Counter Spy Plane – Didn’t get a good look at what this does, but it seems to take out spy planes.

Fly a Cobra (not actual perk name) – You actually fly the helicopter and have a machine gun and rockets to fire on your own.

Mortar Strike – It allows you to set up three separate strikes on a map, where ever you choose.

Attack Dogs – Same as WaW, but, you can escape from them IF you don’t fire your weapon…

General Gunship – Cobra flies around and shoots at enemies.

Air Strike By B-57 – You set the direction and a B-57 drops a ton of bombs in a line.

Napalm Strike – Similar to the Air Strike, but with a blanket of fiery hell.

Sounds interesting. Can't wait for it to come out :D

I know this isn't about black ops but i'd thought you guys might know. I was online lastnite and on embassy(think thats what its called) anyway i was sniping and noticed on the radar thing that a guy from my own team was in the corner of the map facing out the ways. Every now and then i'd hear a silenced shot go off. I let it go but eventually went over to throw something at him so he'd get in the fight or bugger off out of the match as we were losing. When i looked i seen him facing an enemy player and he was letting him shoot him. I shot the guy 3 times as he kept respawing in the same palce untill eventually they ran away. This is the 2nd time i've seen this in a couple of days, are they cheating somehow or just messing about online with a mate?

I know this isn't about black ops but i'd thought you guys might know. I was online lastnite and on embassy(think thats what its called) anyway i was sniping and noticed on the radar thing that a guy from my own team was in the corner of the map facing out the ways. Every now and then i'd hear a silenced shot go off. I let it go but eventually went over to throw something at him so he'd get in the fight or bugger off out of the match as we were losing. When i looked i seen him facing an enemy player and he was letting him shoot him. I shot the guy 3 times as he kept respawing in the same palce untill eventually they ran away. This is the 2nd time i've seen this in a couple of days, are they cheating somehow or just messing about online with a mate?

Its called boosting. Essentially what it is is that the guy has is mate on the other team and they both use tactical insertion to keep respawning in the same place. That guy was either trying to get a nuke or something else. Its annoying and about 70% of free-for-all games have boosters on them. I have turtle beach headphoens so I can hear them tactically inserting from miles away.

New details gradually surfacing...

Online splitscreen at last :D

Little-Known Facts: Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer for PS3

Posted by Josh Olin // Community Manager, Treyarch official PlayStation.Blog

Hello! I’m Josh Olin (aka JD_2020), and thank you for the opportunity to highlight some of the features that Call of Duty: Black Ops will deliver to PS3 fans when it launches on November 9th. A number of these features are ones that I think the community has been wanting for a long time, which is why we’ve worked really hard to deliver. So let’s get started!

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support

Let’s get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer – the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise!

The Facts:

-You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online (i.e. “JD_2020” & “JD_2020(1)”).

-Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.

-You can bring a second, full PSN account online!

Both players with full PSN ID’s can rank up while playing together in split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.

Custom Games Editor

Allow me to introduce the Black Ops Custom Games Editor! Private matches have never been this customizable. Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear are available. You want a Pistols Only match? Make one! No longer do custom game modes rely on the “honor system.”

Furthermore, any Custom Game you create and configure can be placed in your File Share, for friends and the community to browse, download, and enjoy. You just might create the most addictive new game mode of all time from the comfort of your own living room!

In-Game Friends List

We’ve integrated a built-in Friends List into the in game user interface. You’ll be able to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records – all within this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. Sending game invites and joining Friends’ games has never been simpler than in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Regional Matchmaking & Party Privacy

Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you’re at in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.

Additionally, given Black Ops will support joining games in progress via an even simpler built-in in-game Friends List interface, we’ll allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.

Emblems Do NOT Reset with Prestige

This one is pretty cut-and-dried. A frequently asked question is, “Will my kickass emblem I spent hours perfecting be lost when I prestige?” The answer is “NO!” Emblems are one of the only aspects of Black Ops MP that do not get a full reset upon entering Prestige. Things that will reset when you Prestige are: XP, COD Points, Challenge progressions, Loadouts, and so forth.

So that’s just a few of the lesser-known components to Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer, confirmed for the first time here on the official PlayStation.Blog! For more information regarding Black Ops, and all the new features included in multiplayer, head over to our official YouTube channel and watch all the different trailers we have highlighted from the game. Additionally, you can follow me on Twitter (@JD_2020) for more news and updates.

"Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you’re at in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you."

About time, can now try and get rid of those pesky Yanks!

Im really hoping they can get a handle on the cheating and hacking, was amazed how bad it got on MW2

"Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you’re at in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you."

About time, can now try and get rid of those pesky Yanks!

Im really hoping they can get a handle on the cheating and hacking, was amazed how bad it got on MW2

I know- great news although I didn't come across too many yanks on MW2.

I hope by 'local' they mean just the UK. That would be brilliant.