The mkiv Supra Owners Club

COD Black Ops

trinitom

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill have to play this for the week to give an unbiased opinion. its very lagged and the promised local servers hasnt materialised at all and sure enough you get games where 3 yanks have full connection and the rest of the players are all in the yellow...the fact you buy your perks is at first very disconcerting if you dont favour a run and gun approach but after some very selective weapons choice its gets easier

currently though assault weapons especially the aug bar is the one gun rules all

Anyone else find it annoying that only get 1 claymore and after it is detonated it can't be replaced when using scavenger? The only bonus is you can pick-up undetonated claymores and lay them elsewhere.

Yeah I noticed that. Its one of the ways they are trying to block noobtubes etc as well.

I've completed the campaign now, it was good but 2 or 3 times during the game, the game stopped for a couple of seconds then kick back in :(

I think it's a good game, I haven't tried online yet but had a little rumble on zombies after I completed the campaign, seemed good but will need some time getting used to it!

Graphics aren't as good as MW2 but treyarch never seem to keep up with IW IMO!

i think xbox definately hackers paradise, not noticed any on PS3 yet. Not going to buy it on 360 as well, shame as i play better on xbox!!

what is the point though, it can't be enjoyable playing with hacks on. No sense of achievement or game play so why bother?

Isn't there something where u can report the hacks and get them banned now?

I think I'm going to give this game until after the weekend, if my first opinion doesn't change, I'll trade it in for Medal of Honour which I liked the look of but decided to wait on Black Ops, has anyone played both games, is so which is best online?

I've played both, although not online, medal of honour was easy on line I thought except snipering, graphics was better than black ops also, but watching my other halfs brother online on black ops yesterday I'd say black ops looks a tad better, buying upgrades will make the game a little harder ESP if you average low kills a match!

The campaign on medal is quite good to!

For PC users that are having performance issues

Here's a guide here for PC users that are having performance issues (on PC's that are more than capable of running Black Ops, it won't help you if your PC doesn't meet the system requirements). It improved Single player massively for me and made multi-player better too, there is still some lag on multi-player, but hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Disable Steam Cloud Synchronisation

First thing to do is disable steam cloud synchronisation.... to do this, see below.

1. Open Steam

2. Go to 'Games' and 'View Game Library'

3. Right click on Black Ops single player and click 'Properties'

4. Go across to the tab called 'Updates'

5. Un-tick the box "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Call of Duty: Black Ops"

6. Do this for both the multi-player and single player games.

Download Notepad++ and edit some COD Config Files

Unless you're pretty good with editing text configuration files, you will need to download something called 'Notepad++'. This makes editing cfg files and scripts a bit easier as it separates things nicely for you.

Link : http://notepad-plus-plus.org/release/5.8.3

Download the file called npp.5.8.3.Installer.exe

Once you've installed this, we'll move onto the editing of the config files.

1. Locate the config files at :

Windows 7 64bit

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players

Windows 7 32bit

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players

You should see some files, the ones we are looking at are : config.cfg and config_mp.cfg

Highlight both of these files, then right click and 'copy' them. Then you can 'paste' them back into the same location, this will create a backup of the file should you do anything wrong and fuck anything up.

Now before we go any further, you need to make sure a setting in Windows is enabled.

Open windows explorer (this is for Win7/Vista), click 'Organize' --> Folder & Search Options --> View --> Un-tick "Hide extensions for known file types" then apply the changes

Now we can start the changes.

Open Notepad++

Browse to the location of your config files and open config.cfg

Change the following values so they are the same as I list below ; DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE SYNTAX, JUST REPLACE THE NUMBER THAT IS THERE WITH THE NUMBER I GIVE YOU.

seta animated_trees_enabled "0"

seta cg_blood "0"

seta cg_brass "0"

seta cl_maxpackets "100"

seta r_distortion "0"

seta r_flameFX_enable "0"

seta r_flameFX_FPS "1"

seta r_gfxopt_dynamic_foliage "0"

seta r_gfxopt_water_simulation "0"

seta r_glow_allowed "0"

seta r_monitor "0"

seta r_motionblur_enable "0"

seta r_multiGpu "0"

seta r_multithreaded_device "1"

seta r_specular "0"

seta r_waterSheetingFX_allowed "0"

seta r_waterSheetingFX_enable "0"

seta r_waterSheetingFX_fadeDuration "0"

seta r_zfeather "0"

seta ragdoll_enable "0"

seta ragdoll_max_simulating "0"

Save the changes to the file and then open the next config file config_mp.cfg and make the same changes as above to that file. Don't if not all of the above settings are in config_mp just change the ones that are visible, there are some differences as one is the single player CFG and the other is the online CFG.

In-Game Settings

You should now be able to turn some of the graphics settings back on (if you've turned everything down to low or off) and stop Black Ops looking like a 1990's game.

Have most of the graphics options set to Automatic, but make the following changes :

Sync Every Frame "NO"

Anti-Aliasing = None

Turn shadows off.

Thanks for heads up mate :) Hopefully my Play parcel arrives today. Bit dissapointed we have to turn shadows and AA off tho...

For PC users that are having performance issues

Here's a guide here for PC users that are having performance issues (on PC's that are more than capable of running Black Ops, it won't help you if your PC doesn't meet the system requirements). It improved Single player massively for me and made multi-player better too, there is still some lag on multi-player, but hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Disable Steam Cloud Synchronisation

First thing to do is disable steam cloud synchronisation.... to do this, see below.

1. Open Steam

2. Go to 'Games' and 'View Game Library'

3. Right click on Black Ops single player and click 'Properties'

4. Go across to the tab called 'Updates'

5. Un-tick the box "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Call of Duty: Black Ops"

6. Do this for both the multi-player and single player games.

Download Notepad++ and edit some COD Config Files

Unless you're pretty good with editing text configuration files, you will need to download something called 'Notepad++'. This makes editing cfg files and scripts a bit easier as it separates things nicely for you.

Link : http://notepad-plus-plus.org/release/5.8.3

Download the file called npp.5.8.3.Installer.exe

Once you've installed this, we'll move onto the editing of the config files.

1. Locate the config files at :

Windows 7 64bit

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players

Windows 7 32bit

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players

You should see some files, the ones we are looking at are : config.cfg and config_mp.cfg

Highlight both of these files, then right click and 'copy' them. Then you can 'paste' them back into the same location, this will create a backup of the file should you do anything wrong and fuck anything up.

Now before we go any further, you need to make sure a setting in Windows is enabled.

Open windows explorer (this is for Win7/Vista), click 'Organize' --> Folder & Search Options --> View --> Un-tick "Hide extensions for known file types" then apply the changes

Now we can start the changes.

Open Notepad++

Browse to the location of your config files and open config.cfg

Change the following values so they are the same as I list below ; DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE SYNTAX, JUST REPLACE THE NUMBER THAT IS THERE WITH THE NUMBER I GIVE YOU.

seta animated_trees_enabled "0"

seta cg_blood "0"

seta cg_brass "0"

seta cl_maxpackets "100"

seta r_distortion "0"

seta r_flameFX_enable "0"

seta r_flameFX_FPS "1"

seta r_gfxopt_dynamic_foliage "0"

seta r_gfxopt_water_simulation "0"

seta r_glow_allowed "0"

seta r_monitor "0"

seta r_motionblur_enable "0"

seta r_multiGpu "0"

seta r_multithreaded_device "1"

seta r_specular "0"

seta r_waterSheetingFX_allowed "0"

seta r_waterSheetingFX_enable "0"

seta r_waterSheetingFX_fadeDuration "0"

seta r_zfeather "0"

seta ragdoll_enable "0"

seta ragdoll_max_simulating "0"

Save the changes to the file and then open the next config file config_mp.cfg and make the same changes as above to that file. Don't if not all of the above settings are in config_mp just change the ones that are visible, there are some differences as one is the single player CFG and the other is the online CFG.

In-Game Settings

You should now be able to turn some of the graphics settings back on (if you've turned everything down to low or off) and stop Black Ops looking like a 1990's game.

Have most of the graphics options set to Automatic, but make the following changes :

Sync Every Frame "NO"

Anti-Aliasing = None

Turn shadows off.

Thanks for the reply about the dedicated servers.

So can you view a list of games that are active and which map they are on / how many people are connected to it and select to join that particular game?

Also, found this earlier if its any use to anyone, I've not tried it as im at work:

Works a treat, Nice one :thumbs:

Has anyone noticed that on multi player that its picking gamers that are in a certain range to yourself. I ended up playing with a group that was all very local to me and people I know but not on my friends list, was like a war time reunion lol.

It wouldn't let me join you last night?

Hmmm first impressions on PC:

1) I like the single player campaign - it's really fast paced playing higher difficulty really rewarding.

2) Controls feel a little bit "different". Somehow I can't just crouch and go prone straight away but it just might be me

3) Graphics is impressive for the cut scenes but during actual game it looks a bit odd, not as fluid as MW2

4) This is a strange one - I have motion sickness playing the single player! I don't have any problems at all in MW2. Only have motion sickness playing Half life series. Might be settings. Hopefully I won't have sickness during MP...

Will have to spend more time on it before I can really see if the game is what all its hyped up to be.

Tried the MP on domination maps. I adjusted the FOV so motion sickness now that bad. Just noticed that the game lags quite a lot even if I selected the server with the lowest ping. I kind of wish they would allow more players though.

Still adjusting to the credit to buy perks thing... played for around 20 min and reached level 6 but then I had to stop :(

Been giving MP a bit of a miss and focusing on the single player campaign.

Must admit I'm luving the SP campaign so far. Also been playing it in 3D and thought I was going to have to sweep the floor of empty rounds from the gatlin gun :cool:

Without spoiling the game, there has been quite a few moments that have literally blown me away.

The 3D side has defiinitely helped boost my opinion on the overall feel of the game. It seems to play really smooth, shame the gameplay online isnt.

I'm a huuuuuge fan on MW2 multiplayer, ranked up 207 hours playtime. Not loving BO MP though, the graphics are terrible and remind me of counterstrike, its laggy as hell, doesn't feel 'real' at all. I hope they release a patch to fix this or it grows on me cos so far its terrible. I'll be ranking more hours up on MW2 methinks!

To be honest I'm sure MP will grow on alot of us and slowly get better... (I HOPE)........ from playing it quite a bit for the last few days , Has anyone noticed the Spawn System seems to be pretty Screwed up ?? I will kill someone and then 2 seconds later hes behind me !!! that is the one thing that's stopping me liking this game, still think MW2 has the edge though.

To be honest I'm sure MP will grow on alot of us and slowly get better... (I HOPE)........ from playing it quite a bit for the last few days , Has anyone noticed the Spawn System seems to be pretty Screwed up ?? I will kill someone and then 2 seconds later hes behind me !!! that is the one thing that's stopping me liking this game, still think MW2 has the edge though.

Yeah I've noticed even on big maps that the enemy spawn really close to you.

I'm liking the single player and now I know the multiplayer maps a bit better it's not so bad :)