The mkiv Supra Owners Club

COD Black Ops

trinitom

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant say im impressed with multiplayer at the mo.

They've tried to focus too much on all this customisation crap and seemed to forgot about the maps and gameplay.

Doesnt feel half as smooth as MW2 and even WaW was better.

hhhmmmmmmmm i may not buy this now , where is the cheapest to buy it from in case i buckle lol

I've been playing it for a couple of hours now, multiplayer is a bit laggy, and IMO the graphics ain't as good as MW2. I also don't like how the players run, it looks like your team mates are a bunch of gays scampering around, and when you run it makes that horrible out of sync scampering sounds, every stride you make there are 2 or 3 scampering sounds, it's hard to explain, and it's annoying.

It's not a bad game, but after playing MW2 for the best part of a year it's just going to take a bit of getting used to, I'm sure it will grow on me, I thought it would be an all round improvement MW2, but so far I can't say it is.

I've been playing it for a couple of hours now, multiplayer is a bit laggy, and IMO the graphics ain't as good as MW2. I also don't like how the players run, it looks like your team mates are a bunch of gays scampering around, and when you run it makes that horrible out of sync scampering sounds, every stride you make there are 2 or 3 scampering sounds, it's hard to explain, and it's annoying.

It's not a bad game, but after playing MW2 for the best part of a year it's just going to take a bit of getting used to, I'm sure it will grow on me, I thought it would be an all round improvement MW2, but so far I can't say it is.

+1, unfortunately.

Cant say im impressed with multiplayer at the mo.

They've tried to focus too much on all this customisation crap and seemed to forgot about the maps and gameplay.

Doesnt feel half as smooth as MW2 and even WaW was better.

Pretty much my thoughts too. Quite disappointed. This is no where near as good as MW2. It feels like I'm playing an older COD game. Treyarch clearly have nothing on Infinity Ward.

The maps are pretty mediocre, most of the weapons are rubbish and why are there sniper rifles in this game of there aren't any decent maps for them?

The visuals are worse and so is the sound.

Wager matches are good fun though.

I'm still destroying the opposition but its not as satisfying as before.

I'll keep at it but I feel silly getting so excited for the game.

Over hyped for sure.

Been playing this for a few hours now, online takes a while getting used to. At first i thought that it was not as good as the last one but now i do think its better.

At long last they decided to do two player split screen on line!.

The main game though i think is not so good, too much video, I think that Medal of Honour is better..The main game was excerlant and the online games are very good too

I picked up this game at Tesco's 1215am this morning and had a quick look on line and someone was already on level 40!!!! lol

Logged 6 hours ish online play and back with a second opinion,

hmm, the same as my first opinion... its such a disappointment.

Just been on MW2 again and it really does wipe the floor with blacks ops.

Its so smooth and playable (if you can get in with a decent bunch) And the release of black ops has helped as a lot of the annoying mic nobs have gone from mw2.

However, I shall now be looking forward to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam DLC

(also noted at 1 point approx 750,000 people online with black ops). May explain the choppy gameplay slightly, nothing just seems fluid... unless its me ??

I even put World at War on for half hour and the gameplay in that is even better. Perhaps it is cuz its such a busy period with it being a new release but I thought that I would get lag, whereas this is almost framerate issues.

after a full day gaming i prefer it to mw2, once you get used to the maps its much better!

MW2 just got ruined by hacks and glitches, and twats with noob tubes, xbox was just unplayable in the end!

Had no lagging issues until earlier this evening between 7 and 9, but wasn't too bad, especially when using the local user filter!

This has already been attacked by hackers, Doobie Dan and me were in a game earlier and when ever we got hits the game would lag like mad and then all of a sudden the person we where shooting appeared behind us and stabbed us in the neck each time. Now this was only happening to our team and never the opposition. Now work that one out.

Wtf, hacks out so fast :( Annoying thing about playing on PC is that you get so many hackers out there. I stopped playing MW2 on PC for around 5 months though but last I've played IW raelly cracked down on hackers. Kept getting messages that someone's banned. How's the console scene? You guys get lot of hackers too?

After reading some comments, I am starting to loose faith in BO but will reserve any opinion until I have the chance to hop on it :)

Logged 6 hours ish online play and back with a second opinion,

hmm, the same as my first opinion... its such a disappointment.

Just been on MW2 again and it really does wipe the floor with blacks ops.

Its so smooth and playable (if you can get in with a decent bunch) And the release of black ops has helped as a lot of the annoying mic nobs have gone from mw2.

However, I shall now be looking forward to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam DLC

(also noted at 1 point approx 750,000 people online with black ops). May explain the choppy gameplay slightly, nothing just seems fluid... unless its me ??

I even put World at War on for half hour and the gameplay in that is even better. Perhaps it is cuz its such a busy period with it being a new release but I thought that I would get lag, whereas this is almost framerate issues.

Exactly. Such a severe disappointment considering how long I waited for the game.

I might get battlefield bad company 2 because I can't be arsed with getting another 100 nukes

Thanks for the reply about the dedicated servers.

So can you view a list of games that are active and which map they are on / how many people are connected to it and select to join that particular game?

Also, found this earlier if its any use to anyone, I've not tried it as im at work:

If any of you want to unlock a couple of achievements, get extra points and play a Zombies mini game that is a good laugh follow this, its not a cheat its been put ther but needs to be found.

1st of when you get to the start menu with the game options you are sitting in a chair with your hands tied (look down you'll see) press the left and right bottom R buttons together quickly and your hands will break free.

You the get out of your chair and go into a room, find the computer thats by itself and it says press x to use, type in ZORK and you unlock an achievement called ASK NICELY and get some points, you then have to exit it all the go back to the same screen and do it all again.

This time type in DOA and you get an achievement called INSERT COIN and more points, if you play the game you get more achievements and points aswell.

Thanks for the reply about the dedicated servers.

So can you view a list of games that are active and which map they are on / how many people are connected to it and select to join that particular game?

Also, found this earlier if its any use to anyone, I've not tried it as im at work:

Yea that works, just look down and keep pressing the aim and shoot button and he gets up