TV Licence

Matt H

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been compared to a machine, physically or emotionally, this is a new experience and will take some getting used to :) My nickname used to be Rhino. Thick skinned and always charging. Some say it was apt, I felt it unkind and it upset me ;) I got over it after I got the compo.

I have never been compared to a machine, physically or emotionally, this is a new experience and will take some getting used to :) My nickname used to be Rhino. Thick skinned and always charging. Some say it was apt, I felt it unkind and it upset me ;) I got over it after I got the compo.

I read that very quickly and thought you'd settled for a bag of compost to help you through difficult times. :)

you should work in politics. ;) lol

50% happy paying TV license in some form

50% dont think they should pay one

How do you know I don't? ;)

Fact still remains, that 72% aren't happy with how it is right now. For me, a reduction in price is better than it is now.

What would you prefer to "give"? Less output from the BBC, cheaper output, or alternative source(s) of funding?

If you look at the poll, you'll find the answer. I've put alternative methods of funding, but I've only put that because I know other people want to watch BBC programs without adverts.

I personally wouldn't care if there were adverts on all BBC channels (including the radio) to pay for their programs.

To say that all the good stuff comes from the BBC is rubbish, it's America that produces most of the stuff that's worth watching. I'd say the only thing the BBC might be better at is Documentaries - just.

But what do I know, I don't watch much TV.

To say that all the good stuff comes from the BBC is rubbish, it's America that produces most of the stuff that's worth watching. I'd say the only thing the BBC might be better at is Documentaries - just.

I don't think you can dismiss sports coverage at the BBC. It certainly knows how to do an F1 race weekend. Also, its drama is some of the best around IMO. News is also quite good, although skewed extremely heavily in whichever way is convenient at the time.

I don't watch a lot of TV either, but I prefer watching BBC because of the lack of adverts. I find most TV-based adverts intrusive, offensive and frankly shameful.

I'd say scrap it and use adverts but not between things that are live events.

when i have my own house i dont plan on having a tv signal...just a tv + dvd and games console...

I think they will still do you for not having a licence.

I think they will still do you for not having a licence.

No, I didn't pay when I didn't have an aerial; it's only if you receive TV that you have to pay.

Otherwise they'd sell licences with the TVs in the shop, or have a database of licences.

Oh, and Matt_H, I would certainly believe you if you said you were a politician.