The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goldeneye 007 (N64 Game) REMAKE for Wii!

Matt H

Yeh retro goes back to Atari/Commadore days. Have not said those words in ages! :D

Problem with going that far back is those games literally do look awful to play. Hence I start at 8bit era onwards ->

It depends. Some of the graphics are still ok but usually they're functional and little more.

It's all about the gameplay though. There are few games you can just pick up and instantly get into these days.

In some ways the old consoles are superior to current ones too. (IE no paid subscriptions, cartridges load almost instantly, no updates etc)

One day in the not too distant future we'll look back at PS3s graphics and laugh.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends. Some of the graphics are still ok but usually thy're functional.

It's all about the gameplay though. There are few games you can just pick up and instantly get into these days.

In some ways the old consoles are superior to current ones too. (IE no paid subscriptions, cartridges load almost instantly, no updates etc)

One day in the not too distant future we'll look back at PS3s graphics and laugh.

I see what you are saying. IK+ is the only game I remember from the 80s which sticks in my mind. The original vs beatup 'up.

Is that your website? whoa. What I always dreamed of doing but never had the time.

I thought I was the biggest sega fan. :(

Yep, my site :) and nah, I beat you :p

I have big things planned for that blog in the next year.

As for being late to the Goldeneye party, a neighbour had it and it was good fun, but I preferred doing endless laps on SEGA Rally trying to get my time down in the GT4 Celica (which I still try every now and then). I'm not really a fan of FPS. I have CoDMWF2; which I bought on launch day, but I haven't started campaign mode yet :)

Yep, my site :) and nah, I beat you :p

Dunno - think you'd be surprised if you see my sega collection. ;)

Just a pity as I traded a lot of the stuff as a business so don't have everything anymore.

I ran lots of video game websites when I was younger. Amongst other dabblings ;). Got invited to trade shows and the like.

You know how it is :D

I just didn't know any friends who had n64s mates until late 6th form and by then it was old news, or I just was so out of touch with goldeneye I just got blitzed all the time.

Didn't realise super mario galaxy was 2d! Gosh I am outdated!

Yeh retro goes back to Atari/Commadore days. Have not said those words in ages! :D

Problem with going that far back is those games literally do look awful to play. Hence I start at 8bit era onwards ->

Will they bring back killer instinct that's the question. Still remember that arcade machine's "attract intro mode". ULTRAAAAAA :D

Goldeneye wasn't all about the multiplayer, it was the single player that re-invented the genre. Stealth, enemy 'pain', target points and AI was what made is so special. In fact, the multiplayer was actually only added as a last minute thing after Nintendo wanted to show off the N64's four player mutliplayer ability.

Galaxy 2 isn't all 2D, it's mostly 3D, altough you do get completely 2D levels and some 3D levels with 2D sections thrown in. It's a beautiful mix, and if you love retro, you'll love the non-too subtle nods to the originals that are thrown in with abundance :)

Killer Instinct was a classic. Altough It's always questionable how playable fighting games are in 3D... Hard thing to do nowadays I think, unless a company like RARE (in their heyday) could reinvent what a fighting game is).

P.s, you're older than me ;)

Yeh single player was good I guess.

Must check out this mario galaxy.

Miss the revolutionary games like virtua cop, x-men children of the atom and daytona usa etc.

Marvel vs capcom 3 is out late this year/early next year :D - That'll be good...very good indeed.

We'll see, I wasn't a fan of the new Street Fighter though.

I was, though I do agree graphically it was a massive improvement. But gameplay, its still not as good as streetfighter zero3/streetfighter 3 or capcom vs snk2.

Super street fighter 4 is still not balanced despite the promises. Improved but not balanced.

Capcom generally need 3 tries before they nail it.

I was, though I do agree graphically it was a massive improvement. But gameplay, its still not as good as streetfighter zero3/streetfighter 3 or capcom vs snk2.

Super street fighter 4 is still not balanced despite the promises. Improved but not balanced.

Capcom generally need 3 tries before they nail it.

Streetfighter HD on the Xbox is the ultimate streetfighter, IMO.