The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goldeneye 007 (N64 Game) REMAKE for Wii!

Matt H

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way!! SNES Super Mario Kart was (and still is, imo!) the BEST version. There was an update for the GBA later on that was based on the same thing, which was also great though.

None of the 'next-gen' versions have cut it for me. The original just had the balance spot on, there was too much catch up logic applied in the later games which made it silly.

Totally agree mate, the snes mario kart took most of me and bros youth away, we would get home from school and first thing we would do is put it on and play the battle mode all night. We must of been 2 of the best mario kart players around at the time could jump shells, bananas etc with ease

Totally agree mate, the snes mario kart took most of me and bros youth away, we would get home from school and first thing we would do is put it on and play the battle mode all night. We must of been 2 of the best mario kart players around at the time could jump shells, bananas etc with ease

Sounds like my childhood. I was constantly the best player on Koopa Beach 1, which in all fairness was pretty much the only track I could always win on :p

The new versions on the DS and Wii are pretty awesome but nothing beats the original

Admit some classics on there. Had no idea nintendo wii even had that.

Missing pretty much all sega saturn and 3do games though. :(

Just found out my 3do has risen nicely in value :D

They add new games to the catalogue frequently. I think it's something like every two weeks. It has taken a while to get to this point mind.

^^^ Hehe nice collection there. Brings back memories!

Goldeneye will always remain one of the best if not, the BEST FPS' ever! The memories of me playing MP on stack. Spent thousands of hours on this!

BTW you guys HAVE to check this Goledneye video out. Incidentally, someone linked this on my facebook wall just yesterday.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1933149

I reckon it will be pants too, but only because of the morons that are producing it; their track record is hideous from 1997 onwards. They appear to be 'licence' money spinners now. I.e, make a game based on a new film :rolleyes: That obviously what will be going on here :angry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocom

here is a potentially a revisit with better and smoother graphics (altough I doubt we'll get that :( )

Ever the optimist Matt :p

This takes me back, I grew up sh*tting my pants playing Doom I & II. I remember playing those with my Dad and Brother all the time, but especially Goldeneye. We used to fight over who could be Oddjob. Favour level was always the facility. I would run arround with Proximity miles and laugh my tits off as time and time again as my brother/dad/mate would walk into one. I remember bitching about the fact that the RCP90 would destroy body armour with just one bullet. Good times.

And then Perfect Dark came along and there was the good ole facility again. Even more time wasted. Especially as when no one was arround, you could now use AI! I was in heaven. The amount of time I used to waste just on choosing how my guy looked and how the 'enemy' looked just to add that extra layer of satisfaction. Awesome.

And then I discovered girls.

Is that your website? whoa. What I always dreamed of doing but never had the time.

I thought I was the biggest sega fan. :(

This takes me back, I grew up sh*tting my pants playing Doom I & II. I remember playing those with my Dad and Brother all the time, but

There is no but. Ironically, I STILL play doom 2 before nights out! Fantastic 2-4 player co-op action after a few beers. Honestly after a couple of beers you forget about the 90s graphics and the game play is still all there.

Hence the order of the day is now;

beer -> doom 2 -> bars

:D

That is well :cool: I'd go as far as saying the N64 is the cream of your crop there ;)

Ever the optimist Matt :p

Lol. I know! I was very excited at first, but I just can't get excited when looking at the developers history and it's current affiliation with churning out licence rubbish that only makes money because it holds onto the back hair of a quality film release!

Girls are fun only some of the time...

haha i love my retro consoles too, I have tons of them!

Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, SNES ( I really need to get a NES)

The only thing I dont get is why everyone thinks Goldeneye is still that good!!! (I prepar for a beating) yes when i came out it was fantastic, but go back to it now and its pants, I started playing it again when I got my N64 and put it down after a couple of levels, yes it is good to play but its not the fantastic amazing thing you remember it to be.

I see Goldeneye sort of like the explanation of a Countach that they did in TopGear once. Something like its a childhood dream and stuff but you ruin that when you get in the car. So dont get in the car!!! lol :)

Great collection there :) Sadly, I shifted most of our old consoles when the new models came out. Kinda wish I'd have kept them all now.

With regard to the game, while the original was good back in its day, both the game and the Wii are backwards when it comes to the world of FPS.. and sadly I dont think it'll be that impressive when it comes out.

The only thing I dont get is why everyone thinks Goldeneye is still that good!!! (I prepar for a beating) yes when i came out it was fantastic, but go back to it now and its pants, I started playing it again when I got my N64 and put it down after a couple of levels, yes it is good to play but its not the fantastic amazing thing you remember it to be.

I see Goldeneye sort of like the explanation of a Countach that they did in TopGear once. Something like its a childhood dream and stuff but you ruin that when you get in the car. So dont get in the car!!! lol :)

You're right, most games that were amazing you wouldn't got back to, but to fair, Goldeneye is actually one of the ones I would and have.

If it was released exactly the same today, it obviously wouldn't be up to par with a modern shooter, but I don't think anyone is saying it would. What a lot of people are in agreement with, is that for its time it was the best, and then compared with what is released nowadays compared with their own eras, it's the better game.

In summary, I've certainly had more fun and gained more from Goldeneye than I have any other FFS game, or most games for that matter. Give it to a youngster that was born well after Goldeneye's time and he'll think it's a load of rubbish though.

Agree partially with Edd_t. I was never that big a fan of golden eye but I was a bit late to the party to get my hands on it.

Still think doom 2 > goldeneye personally.

Only games which have never really lost their "niche" are the 2d games as nobody makes them anymore pretty much so they haven't really "aged" per se. Hence the sega saturn is still king of retro in my opinion.

Give me a copy of guardian heroes any day.

You must live alone!!

Unless it's his 'blokes' room. Defo the way forward in a relationship :cool:

I've got my own house, but my girlfriend is pretty much moved in. She doesn't mind them at all, infact I think she thinks they're pretty cool :D

I even let her drive my Supra once :D

It gets better too...

Agree partially with Edd_t. I was never that big a fan of golden eye but I was a bit late to the party to get my hands on it.

Still think doom 2 > goldeneye personally.

Only games which have never really lost their "niche" are the 2d games as nobody makes them anymore pretty much so they haven't really "aged" per se. Hence the sega saturn is still king of retro in my opinion.

Give me a copy of guardian heroes any day.

How old are you mate btw? Wondering as you say were too late to the party for Goldeneye.

There have been loads of recent 2D games (2D but with 3D graphics obviously). Little Big Planet on the PS3, New Super Mario Brothers, and if you get a copy of the excellent Super Mario Galaxy 2 (out a week Friday ago), there are loads of levels played in 2D. It even starts in 2D!

retro, in the gaming, is not something as recent (or as pants for that matter! :D ) as the failed Saturn.

Retro is the Amiga, commadore, NES, Master System and probably as far as the 3DO, SNES and Megadrive.

How old are you mate btw? Wondering as you say were too late to the party for Goldeneye.

There have been loads of recent 2D games (2D but with 3D graphics obviously). Little Big Planet on the PS3, New Super Mario Brothers, and if you get a copy of the excellent Super Mario Galaxy 2 (out a week Friday ago), there are loads of levels played in 2D. It even starts in 2D!

retro, in the gaming, is not something as recent (or as pants for that matter! :D ) as the failed Saturn.

Retro is the Amiga, commadore, NES, Master System and probably as far as the 3DO, SNES and Megadrive.

I just didn't know any friends who had n64s mates until late 6th form and by then it was old news, or I just was so out of touch with goldeneye I just got blitzed all the time.

Didn't realise super mario galaxy was 2d! Gosh I am outdated!

Yeh retro goes back to Atari/Commadore days. Have not said those words in ages! :D

Problem with going that far back is those games literally do look awful to play. Hence I start at 8bit era onwards ->

Will they bring back killer instinct that's the question. Still remember that arcade machine's "attract intro mode". ULTRAAAAAA :D

Doom was good, but Quake 1 was better until the Zdoom mod came out, it allowed you to jump, and also to "look up and down" haha!!

I used to dial up a local BBS through an enhanced hyperterminal session in Bolton (they were called Forrest BBS if i remember) on my 12k modem and play in tourneys.

Well before "Wireplay" came out :)