The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo six speed, 556 BHP, Imperial blue

Tannhauser

I have been putting this off for months, but after seven years of ownership, it's time for the supra to go. I'm rubbish at this sort of thing, because (a) I'm not particularly technically minded. And (b) I get hazy about dates (e.g. when the six speed conversion was carried out). I see these spec lists as long as a tall man's arm and wonder what marvels on my own car I might have missed. However, I'll do my best to answer any questions as accurately as I can.

I bought the car as an auto in 2003. I'm the second UK owner. After some BPU work carried out by Chris Wilson, I bought a Boostlogic turbo kit. Dude carried out the conversion. I spent forever trying to get the AEM to work successfully with the auto box, but it never worked out. When I had it converted to a six speed, and Ryan remapped it, the car was transformed. Now the AEM runs it flawlessly and reliably.

So now, I love the car to bits, but I'm just not getting any use out of it. I would imagine that the annual mileage for the last few years has been under 1000, and I can't justify that.

It's not a car for shrinking violets: it looks, sounds and goes like a rocket. There's 556 bhp and around 500 ftlbs of torque at 1.45 bar.

I'm too scared to add up the money that I've spent on the car over the years. Certainly, it's considerably more than the asking price. I've never gone for cheap options on parts or maintenance. The car has always been treated sympathetically (e.g. always allowed to warm up properly), and I tend to drive it like a wuss. No track days, burn-outs, or any of that stuff. I think that the price I'm asking is reasonable and realistic.

Edit to add: looking at the prices for six speed TTs, and for equivalent spec cars, I now think this is a great price.

Just a cautionary note. Serious interest only, please. I don't get that much spare time, so please think things through before you arrange to see it. Test pilots who just fancy a look at a single supra should go elsewhere.

Known issues

When the car is warm, I sometimes have difficulty getting it into reverse. It may take several goes. This issue surfaced after the new clutch was fitted - it's likely that one of the clutch cylinders needs replacing. I haven't bothered because I don't use the car enough for it to cause me significant problems. I've been quoted £500 for this job and taken this into account on the pricing.

The paintwork has recently been spruced up, but the nose cone has plenty of small stone chips. It's a handsome car, and the colour is great, but it's not like Imi's :). It has its scuffs and marks.

Interior is generally pretty good, but shows signs of wear on the driver's seat and gear stick. I'll try to get some interior pics up.

Base car:

93 JDM import. RZ-S, I think.

TIL plate

Black leather seats

Electric driver's seat

Engine:

HKS cams: 264, 264

Boostlogic BL61 single turbo 0.7^ A/R

KN 4” filter.

Turbo blanket.

Boostlogic downpipe

HKS BOV

ARP bolts

New short block supplied by MVP motorsports. Rebuild at approx 3,500 miles ago

New oil pump fitted at rebuild

New water pump fitted at rebuild

New radiator fitted at rebuild

Cooling

GReddy Spec-R HG FMIC 3 row Intercooler Kit. Approx 3,500 miles use.

Aquamist ERL water/meths injection, fitted by Chris Wilson.

Fuelling:

Induction motorsports fuelling kit, including Wealdon FPR.

SARD 850 injectors, cleaned and flow tested approx 1,000 miles

Twin Walbro pumps

Handling, traction and braking:

Racelogic traction control. Set up and fitted by Chris Wilson.

Stock UK suspension

TRD tower brace

AP Racing front brakes.

UK spec rear brakes

Braided brake lines

18" OZ F1 Cup wheels, less than 300 miles since refurb

Dunlop SP9000 tyres

Battery relocated behind back seats, in vented box

Interior:

Momo steering wheel

GReddy Profec used as electronic boost gauge - peak hold etc.

EGT gauge

AFR guage

Dual function oil temperature and fuel pressure gauge

Mechanical oil pressure gauge

Snooper Neo radar and laser detector

12 CD changer

CD player/radio - Pioneer, has MP3 facility.

Transmission:

Manual conversion, supplied by Keron

Southbend DXD clutch, approx 300 miles use.

Ignition

AEM CDi – tweaked by RyanG.

Coil pack clips and wires recently replaced.

Alternator replaced in 03

Body:

Whifbitz Nose Cone

TRD spats and skirts

Carbon fibre TRD style wing, imported from RMM

Resprayed in Ford Imperial blue by Dude

Exhaust

HKS titanium

Original exhaust + full cats included in sale

Engine Management:

AEM ECU, mapped by RyanG.

AEM boost control (fitted by Ryan G)

Security:

Piranha alarm

Mileage reads: 98,000. However, I think about 30,000 was done before it was imported and odometer converted to miles, so maybe nearer to 86K. Bear in mind that many mechanical parts are much newer.

Tax and MOT Six months tax, seven months MOT

Price: £11,500

Some nice kit and a good price, i see you liked Gaz1's merc, you asked him for a px? as i know he wants another supra.

Thanks, Jamie. No, I haven't asked....I really, really like the Merc, but I worry it would sit there in the garage like the supra. Plus I haven't got much cash at the moment if it was px.

Lovely. Shouldn't hang around at that price surely.

Swap for mine? :innocent:

Thanks. Actually, I've always really liked your car and a single is just too powerful for me. Unfortunately, I need the cash.

Now hop on over to the foreign buyers thread I'm about to start and give me some sage words of wisdom.

What's the moral? That nice people exist? Or the engine internals have imploded? Lol jk. I really did a double take when I saw the ad. It sounded too good to be true. I can only hope that a Single like this appears when I'm ready to purchase one.

Are you gonna stay on the forum? No need for you to leave.

What's the moral? That nice people exist? Or the engine internals have imploded? Lol jk. I really did a double take when I saw the ad. It sounded too good to be true. I can only hope that a Single like this appears when I'm ready to purchase one.

Are you gonna stay on the forum? No need for you to leave.

The moral is 'too many cooks look before they leap.' Nothing the matter with the car or engine as far as I know. The price was low for a quick sale; some others seem to be hanging around, and as I say, I'm all for getting the selling process over with quickly.

As for the forum: I tried to leave once before some years ago, only to get slowly drawn back in. We'll see.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.