The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harry Potter World - Orlando FL

scotty71

Went to Harry Potter World at Universal's Islands of Adventure today. Harry Potter opened last Saturday and it was as busy as anything. They reakon it will be busy for well over a year!!! Queue was about 3 and 1/2 hours to reach the Hogworts school/ride which was awesome :D and if you go in the single rider queue you get in real quick. We then went into the Hogsmead Village and took some snaps, had some Butterbeer :) and looked at the shops. Bought a Harry Potter wand and the other half had a Hermione Granger one (well you have to right)?? lol

All the cast were there to open it last Saturday and all I can say is if you are coming to Florida at any point you have to come to Universal Islands of Advenure. Also went on the Hulk, Jurassic Park and HP Duelling Dragons... Awesome day here are a few pics and I will add more later and the odd vid... Super cool:D

kZJXBTXXnT8

im7NEVyuhqY

Wow that is well busy, I've been to US/IOA the past 2 septembers and all rides have been walk ons, I guess HP land is now going to make the queues a bit busier :D

I'm going again in December but we're giving this is a miss as I know it'll be too busy

Looks good, Me and the Missus went there last year (we were there when Michael Jackson Died :() It did look impressive and set to be good as it took it a LARGE amount of space. IIRC it was next to the Duelling Dragons ride.

Im going for xmas i cant wait!

You doing all the parks? If so can you tell me what the sea world shamu show is like without the trainers being allowed in the water

I have been Florida before but never been to SeaWorld till this time.. I thought Shamu show was good even though no trainers got in... I will post my HD vid here of it later ;) then you can make your own mind up whether to go or not :)

Pic still off my HD rec Raven... Will up load the vid in a mo... need to go get some Marlboro :)

Love it here and Canada, I could/would move to either one given half a chance :) oh and the fuel out here is $2.75 a gallon!! thats £1.90 :blink: and were paying 6 odd quid. The Dodge van Im using is giving 10 mpg due to air con being on permanantly due to the dam heat :D

Passing thru florida in sept to see that, as girly is big fan, she will be glad to hear its good, hopefully i can catch sts133 as well :)

That will be THE last planned shuttle launch.... there has never been one while I have been in Florida or I would have gone to see a launch...a night one would be cool but there are no more night ones as the last is a day launch.... hope you get to see it u lucky sod.... Video it for me ;)

Place looks fantastic. Not a Harry Potter fan myself but can appreciate what they have probably done judging by your pics. I was in florida twice in my early-mid teens. Best family holidays I was ever on.

Universal was probably my favourite park at the time. Got to love terminator in 3d :)

3 and half hour queue :blink:

I just came back from Paris Disneyland with my family and I thought hour long queues were bad :p

THey were 5+ hours to get in Harry P in the first 3 days so 3 and a bit wasnt bad..... better to get it out the way..... we got on everything else after too ;) 2 x hulk in 15 mins :D

Updated 1st post with walk through of Hogsmeade

Love it here and Canada, I could/would move to either one given half a chance :) oh and the fuel out here is $2.75 a gallon!! thats £1.90 :blink: and were paying 6 odd quid. The Dodge van Im using is giving 10 mpg due to air con being on permanantly due to the dam heat :D

That will be THE last planned shuttle launch.... there has never been one while I have been in Florida or I would have gone to see a launch...a night one would be cool but there are no more night ones as the last is a day launch.... hope you get to see it u lucky sod.... Video it for me ;)

We will only be there a few days so i hope it goes in its 1st window.