The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need help to save a 2 year olds life

The Raven

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Great news. C'mon folks the thread title couldnt be more touching its piss poor if you ask me that more havent donated to this. How many active members we got on here trawling the for sale adds and classifieds do some good & give what you can.

Up again, not letting this one go im afraid.

Lots of views here people. Read the site......if that isnt worth £5 i dont know what is.

It is with a very sad heart and a tear in my eye i am posting the following from the web site.

Sarah and I would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to everyone’s kindness and generosity. We cannot find the words to explain what we are going through but everyone’s support helps and gives us the strength to face what each day brings. We reviewed the activity on the site and facebook and WOW! We are delighted to know that even without a formal press launch of the appeal we have so much activity and support from Friends and the community.

We have not had chance to formally launch the appeal or communicate regular updates as in early in June our oncology consultant confirmed to

us that due to Alfie's relapse the disease is no longer cureable. We were given the option to either go home , try another chemotherapy combination (which probably will not work) or try and enter Alfie to a

phase 1 trial (which is only to determine dose levels and he may not

qualify for).

We opted for the Chemo but in hindsight this was not the right decision

as Alfie just suffered from the side effects. From our further research and support from others who have had similar experiences we droped everything and travelled directly to a cancer clinic of alternative treatment

in Mexico. Unfortunately Alfie was unable to stay at the clinic and had to urgently return home as the relapsed tumour in Alfie's jaw spread in to his mouth and got out of control. We went direclty to Great Ormond St. where we had emergency surgery. We were very close to loosing Alfie and was an awful low point.

Alfie is currently at University College Hospital in London receiving radiation to the face and now to the spine where a further tumour has developed. This will hopefully aleviate pain, control the rapid growth

and hopefully allow Alfie the chance to walk again. We had no option

but to move to this aggresive treatment as the rate of tumour growth in critical areas needs control.

Every second of everyday we are fighting to cure our beautiful baby boy

of this horrid disease. We will never give up hope and knowing you are

all out there trying so very hard to help us gives us courage, strength

and belief.

A massive thank you to Kim and all involved for a brilliant turnout for the Teddy Bear Picnic at King George V Park in Ramsgate Kent on Saturday. A fantastic £678.44 was raised for Alfie.

On the 17th and 18th July and the 24th and 25th July family and freinds

will be at Westwood Cross Broadstairs Kent to raise more awareness for the appeal . They will be there to sign up all you wonderful people for

the Fun Run on 29th August who have not done so already as well as receiving any feedback for support and ideas for further events to help raise funds for Alfie.

Once again from Sarah Alfie and I thank you so very much for your kindness, generosity and support. Now we are at home we will keep

you more regulary updated on Alfie’s progress.

Up again, not letting this one go im afraid.

Lots of views here people. Read the site......if that isnt worth £5 i dont know what is.

It is with a very sad heart and a tear in my eye i am posting the following from the web site.

Sarah and I would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to everyone’s kindness and generosity. We cannot find the words to explain what we are going through but everyone’s support helps and gives us the strength to face what each day brings. We reviewed the activity on the site and facebook and WOW! We are delighted to know that even without a formal press launch of the appeal we have so much activity and support from Friends and the community.

We have not had chance to formally launch the appeal or communicate regular updates as in early in June our oncology consultant confirmed to

us that due to Alfie's relapse the disease is no longer cureable. We were given the option to either go home , try another chemotherapy combination (which probably will not work) or try and enter Alfie to a

phase 1 trial (which is only to determine dose levels and he may not

qualify for).

We opted for the Chemo but in hindsight this was not the right decision

as Alfie just suffered from the side effects. From our further research and support from others who have had similar experiences we droped everything and travelled directly to a cancer clinic of alternative treatment

in Mexico. Unfortunately Alfie was unable to stay at the clinic and had to urgently return home as the relapsed tumour in Alfie's jaw spread in to his mouth and got out of control. We went direclty to Great Ormond St. where we had emergency surgery. We were very close to loosing Alfie and was an awful low point.

Alfie is currently at University College Hospital in London receiving radiation to the face and now to the spine where a further tumour has developed. This will hopefully aleviate pain, control the rapid growth

and hopefully allow Alfie the chance to walk again. We had no option

but to move to this aggresive treatment as the rate of tumour growth in critical areas needs control.

Every second of everyday we are fighting to cure our beautiful baby boy

of this horrid disease. We will never give up hope and knowing you are

all out there trying so very hard to help us gives us courage, strength

and belief.

A massive thank you to Kim and all involved for a brilliant turnout for the Teddy Bear Picnic at King George V Park in Ramsgate Kent on Saturday. A fantastic £678.44 was raised for Alfie.

On the 17th and 18th July and the 24th and 25th July family and freinds

will be at Westwood Cross Broadstairs Kent to raise more awareness for the appeal . They will be there to sign up all you wonderful people for

the Fun Run on 29th August who have not done so already as well as receiving any feedback for support and ideas for further events to help raise funds for Alfie.

Once again from Sarah Alfie and I thank you so very much for your kindness, generosity and support. Now we are at home we will keep

you more regulary updated on Alfie’s progress.

Wow what a wee fighter your right there raven i could feel myself wellin up rading that!

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

Got the news last night.

Alfie has very sadly passed over. My thoughts are with his brave mum and dad. God Speed little man, the horrid illness can no longer hurt you.

I will still be attending the fun run in his name in a hope that the money raised will go to help another child.

If the family accept flowers i will put a MKIV note on it for all those that tried to help.

I found this helpful to ease some of the pain im feeling for him.

His mum posted that he passed at home cuddled up with his mum and dad, who say that he was not in any pain at the time.

I wont be bumping this anymore, Just want to say a huge thankyou to everyone that took the time and effort to try and help him. The money they have is indeed going to help another child, the fund raising continues in his name.

Russ