The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gutted :( :( :(

Leroybarry

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW sorry to hear you've been mis-sold - not everyone is clued up on cars and for this to happen is a p!ss take.....i would go and get your money back mate if u can.

If you manage to get your £5k back i saw a lovely TT auto for sale earlier this week in silver for £5k :)

Why all the negative comments guy's the bloke is new and yes he maybe a little foolish but we have all done it:)

Theres always going to be a mixture of comments Adam from being helpfull to nasty to taking the mickey.

There can't be many folks who have made such a big mistake and i feel for the op but this does show that you really need to check everything and do your homework first before buying any car let alone one with so many variants.

If it can be proved the car was sold as a tt then i'd have thought there would be some chance of getting your money back but if bought from a private sale unless the seller is a good chap it could be a long drawn out battle.

I always print a copy of the advert and take it with me when im buying a car so its described as in the ad and you have that for referance

If it was out the autotrader i'd contact them to get a back issue of the paper perhaps depending how long ago it was

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Why all the negative comments guy's the bloke is new and yes he maybe a little foolish but we have all done it:)

Errmm no...no that's not entirely true.

I suspect none of us have ever done it.

Still, if we can help we will.

Morning Leroy :)

Note to Ewen: I did not know about the Buddah & butterfly thing thing. I have my receipt and I'm going back to exchange.

Thank you sir - you have transformed my day.

I only hope the OP can find some hope in this display of club member comraderieerieerie and genuine bonafide garden centre knowledge.

Errmm no...no that's not entirely true.

I suspect none of us have ever done it.

Still, if we can help we will.

Morning Leroy :)

Note to Ewen: I did not know about the Buddah & butterfly thing thing. I have my receipt and I'm going back to exchange.

Thank you sir - you have transformed my day.

I only hope the OP can find some hope in this display of club member comraderieerieerie and genuine bonafide garden centre knowledge.

I was not implying to the scale of leroy but everyone has made foolish decisions and your a liar if you say other wise.:)

Yeah I should be able to email on my phone. To be fair I should have done alot more reading up on them before I went and got one but I don't think il be making this mistake again lol

What is the car like ? if its in tip top condition then its not the end of the world but just another lesson in life that we all hopefully learn from.

To be fair if you had replied to some of the questions and comments in your new member post people might have been able to help you avoid this but that's in the past, it's done now and if you can't sort anything out with the seller you need to enjoy what you have. People here will be able to help you with info on most things, just make sure you ask and wait for an answer before you do anything :)

Within 24hrs, I think we've found our "2010 - Boot-release award for services to mkivsupra.net" :D

You dont get out of it that easy mate.

On the other hand if it was on auto trader im sure they keep records of what they add to their site like cache files Also who in the hell would go buy a car without even looking at it and even opening the bonnet to check things out.

I just cant help but think you live under a bridge and eat goats as they try to cross.

in all seriousness though (if this is a serious thread) sh!t happens. my best mate brian o'connor bought an NA thinking it was a TT. Even his mates didnt notice when he popped the hood.

Still there is a happy ending it did decimate all after 15k of parts was overnighted from Japan ;)

in all seriousness though (if this is a serious thread) sh!t happens. my best mate brian o'connor bought an NA thinking it was a TT. Even his mates didnt notice when he popped the hood.

Wasn't that in the movie "To Be Sure, To Be Furious... Potato"?

Leroyblindbarry, When you went to view the car with the intention of buying, did the guy actually call it a Twin Turbo and did he open the bonnet for you?

You must have some balls to say a car has turbos and then open the bonnet in front of the potential buyer. What exactly was he expecting you to say,... or see for that matter.

errm, You didn't take a Labrador dog wearing a fluorescent jacket with you when you went to view the car, did you mate?

Leroyblindbarry, When you went to view the car with the intention of buying, did the guy actually call it a Twin Turbo and did he open the bonnet for you?

You must have some balls to say a car has turbos and then open the bonnet in front of the potential buyer. What exactly was he expecting you to say,... or see for that matter.

errm, You didn't take a Labrador dog wearing a fluorescent jacket with you when you went to view the car, did you mate?

Touch of sharden freuder Edd?

Touch of sharden freuder Edd?

No mate. The doctor gave me the 'all clear'.

Must have been a heat rash or sum'it. Either way, I'm glad its gone as the itching was driving me mad.

:read: oh,... sharden freuder

;) in all seriousness, I hope you find a resolution to your problem.

We all take the piss of each other so don't take this personal. Hope the guy that sold you the car gets his desserts. :D