The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My other project

Lazarus

This is the object thats been sucking up all my spare cash at the mo and preventing me doing any mods to the supe. A few guys on here have asked me to keep them updated on the progress so I thought it would be easier to start a thread.

Its an early celica for those that don't recognise it. (See, I'm keeping it Toyota related :D ).

This is how it stands as of last weekend, ready for paint if I can just decide on what shade of blue I want. :shrug:

Had this car about 15 years but its only been on the road 1 (the first year I had it) and no, it won't be a standard restoration. :eyebrows:

Is that the ST? With the twin headlamps and the U shaped chrome bumper?

I love those cars!

Yep, thats the one, but its not a standard ST any more, I broke up a corolla AE86 for the running gear for it and later on, once the bugs are worked out of the car it'll get a 4AGZE supercharged motor. :eek:

I remember I loved those old Celicas when I was a kid.

One used to pull up outside our school to drop off a kid. It was a GT. Always remember the ST had the badge on the grill offset ot one side. The GT badge was bang in the centre. Other than that I didn't have a clue what the other differences were other than the GT was rare and quicker!

I'd really like to see this when it's finished!

I bought these wheels a little while ago for the celica, there made by Rays Engineering whom I know also make Volks and gramlites but I can't seem to find a type designation for them they look a bit like Volk CE 28N's, there also very light, 4.9 kgs per rim so I'm guessing there made of magnesium.

Can anybody shed any light on them?

Before anybody say's, yes I know they need refurbing, thats why I got a good deal on them.

One of the best front ends ever - there's just something about double headlights

Yeah! I know what you mean fella.

Went to "Mr T" a couple of days ago on the off chance that they may still have some old stock for this model, well they didn't have much but I could still get the headlamp units new from them at less than a tenner each, bargain! :cool:

I remember I loved those old Celicas when I was a kid.

I'd really like to see this when it's finished!

My exact words too, my uncle had the GT in Brown it had the cream vinyl seats, still remember it.

My first car was a very rare 2 door MK1 Corrola SR. (showing my age now).

my uncle had the GT in Brown it had the cream vinyl seats, still remember it.

One similar to that turned up to japfest this year, original GT too, rare!

I think it was the only "classic" toyota that went other than a couple of very early GT4's.

• 2 years later...

One of my favorite cars them.

My mum use to have a Yellow ST and i loved the round dash dials.

During my school holidays i use to help my uncle at Golders Green Toyota dealers. I use to drool on them GT Celica, especially during service times.

The best bit was i got to sit in them, while he got to test drive them and boy he trashed the shit out of them :D

The good old days :)

Wow! The missus has resurrected a really old thread of mine here. I should have updated it myself but its taken this long just to start getting some paint on it and I'd all but forgotten about the thread.

Nice colour.

Stick a 3S-GTE in though, plentiful supply and lots of potential :)

In the recent months I've been giving this some serious thought already, when I started this project (all those years ago) the 3S-GTE was no where near as plentiful as it is now and come to think of it, if I had been starting this project now I would never have broken up a perfectly good AE86 for the running gear as they seem to have become quite popular again.

I've also been thinking about dropping the 4A-GZE idea and just turbo charging the 4A-GE I've already got, the drifters seem to be making some respectable numbers by going that route (...and it also means I won't have to re-think all the engine mounts and steering rack mods again).

Anyway, at the rate I'm progressing with this car I'll have had a few more years to change my mind yet.:D

• 2 months later...