The mkiv Supra Owners Club

97 twin turbo facelift 600bhp show car

Guest bt1

Very nice car that, actually looks red which is nice to see.

It isn't usually a good idea to quote 500hp from stock turbos on here though bud. You are shooting about 70-100hp high regardless of what print you have. Where was the dyno out of curiosity? Sounds like it has been dyno'd in the wrong gear.

Well I have a printout here with 493bhp so unless the dyno was telling porkies.... ;) Plus the guy said it had more left to go, but with the less than perfect autoboxes in the Supras, it was kicking down on pretty much every run so we never saw its peak power - 493 was just the highest run of the session.

-Ben

Well I have a printout here with 493bhp so unless the dyno was telling porkies.... ;) Plus the guy said it had more left to go, but with the less than perfect autoboxes in the Supras, it was kicking down on pretty much every run so we never saw its peak power - 493 was just the highest run of the session.

-Ben

Dyno was telling porkies :)

Any reason why the front facelift indicators aren't there, same as the facelift portion of the bumper is missing.

Dyno was telling porkies :)

Any reason why the front facelift indicators aren't there, same as the facelift portion of the bumper is missing.

Looks like a crossover model, facelift non-vvti can have all manor of facelift/non-facelift parts

Looks like a crossover model, facelift non-vvti can have all manor of facelift/non-facelift parts

You are half right - it had a tatty pre-facelift bumper on it when I got it. The new bumper pictured had just been fitted when I took the photos and the new lights were in the post at the time :D The wiring harness adaptors for the facelift lights were a small fortune from Toyota!

-Ben

You are half right - it had a tatty pre-facelift bumper on it when I got it. The new bumper pictured had just been fitted when I took the photos and the new lights were in the post at the time :D The wiring harness adaptors for the facelift lights were a small fortune from Toyota!

-Ben

sounds like on top of the possible problems it may have had, is likely this has also been in a front end knock since those adverts Jamie posted....as this had a facelift bumper and lights back then...

sounds like on top of the possible problems it may have had, is likely this has also been in a front end knock since those adverts Jamie posted....as this had a facelift bumper and lights back then...

Hence 3 rear quarter shots with only 1 front quarter shot ;)

and new wheels, maybe a front wing smash then as from what I can tell the engine bay doesn't look like it's been impacted....is it me or does the colour seem ALOT brighter in these pics, i.e. I'm thinking possible respray?

Might well be barking up the wrong tree, but all just seems a bit odd to me...

And dyno is definately wrong unless maybe you had the NOS on...?

also if the guy couldnt stop the auto box kicking down. then it was being dyno'd wrong. might aswell bin the dyno sheet. your only going to be misleading people. the stock turbos simply are not capable of producing that power. And ive seen many times on there that cams dont give you much on a bpu car. If they gave you 90bhp then everyone would have them ;)

Hence 3 rear quarter shots with only 1 front quarter shot ;)

I like rear 3 quarter shots. In my opinion that's about the best angle for Supes. I'm not a big fan of Supra headlights and the way they often stand out on certain colour cars so I always favour the rear shots :D

Good luck with this one! You either get comments like great price, great car, from members or comments like you have had!

Luckily for members looking to buy the comments are pretty accurate, I would love to see some responses to the issues raised about possible front end damage and there is definately some more info required with regards to the power claims.

I just think people are being a bit wary as the car had a facelift bumper and active aero in the old pictures and a pre facelift without aero in the newer ones, it is not something people usually do for no reason.

This is a site for enthusiasts that know a lot about these cars, I have never seen 500BHP on stock turbos...infact I only made 567BHP with a 67mm single so most people will think this is just pub figures to help sell the car.

I also think that the price is a little high but I do wish you the best with the sale. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.