The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xenon HID Conversion Kits

DARETT

Your ballast positions are pretty much what most (without the stock intercooler) have done. Word of warning though, these things rust like anything, and then sometimes fail if they are exposed to the wet (your positions should be ok though).

Great thanks very much for the feedback. Hum Wonder how to keep the damp away?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thanks very much for the feedback. Hum Wonder how to keep the damp away?

Thats my issue as well. After one ballast failed (and is with Darett for replacement) they are out at the moment but I'm trying to work out how to waterproof them when I refit. The ballasts get quite hot I believe so you can't just wrap them in a freezer bag I don't reckon. I saw someone who had sealed them in some sort of epoxy but having never used any, I dont have a clue.

Cancelled my order with Darett after waiting 6 weeks. He kept me fairly informed but I advised him to give real ETAs on units if he didnt want to let anyone down and i would advise anyone interested to get a realistic ETA so not to avoid disappointment.

I was well informed and delivery was very quick, a matter of a few days.

Darett I have a Question.

If you want both the normal beam and the fog's not the high beam, do you need another full set of ballasts or are the other wires on the ballasts for another purpouse. Sorry for the noob question.

Unfortunately mitchell ordered during the Christmas week and we all know how reliable royal mail are during that period.

I can only advise what the post office tells me, and unfortunately that's all I can do, as I'm not a trader nor have any trade courier accounts set up to take advantage of at this time

Missile;

Thanks.

Also you will need 4 ballasts for the dipped an fogs

If you already have 4 ballasts you will just nee the h3 bulbs required for the fogs.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Stewart, game your happy With them

Ben, they're all posted via the rm now and unfortunately a couple have recently taken longer then expected to arrive for some unknown reasons. The others got delivered on Saturday but I'll pop in when I get a chance to the post office and chase it again

Parsons- just drop a pm when you wish to order with your details

• 3 weeks later...

hey mate.

bought myself a cheap pair of HID's off ebay, big mistake the bulbs blew!

they cost so much to replace and now im doubting whether it was crap bulbs or cheap ballasts so im gonna throw the lot and see what you could get?

was wondering how much for 2x kits, HB3 and HB4 so i would have a high and low set.

was wondering what bulbs the fogs are?

PM me with a quote for 2x kits please. Your pm box is FULL :)

cheers mate

Hi Darret, it's been 2 months since I paid and still no sign - would you mind pm'ing me with an update please, I've texted you and pm'd you but haven't even had any acknowledgement that you've received the text or pm. I know it's not your fault mate, but it would be nice to at least be told what's going on.

Hi Darret, it's been 2 months since I paid and still no sign - would you mind pm'ing me with an update please, I've texted you and pm'd you but haven't even had any acknowledgement that you've received the text or pm. I know it's not your fault mate, but it would be nice to at least be told what's going on.

:yeahthat: The mobile number I have doesn't seem to be working either...

Yup, I'm in the same boat... Waiting for a replacement ballast and bulb. I know he's got some family issues going on so I'll give a little more leeway.

I've had a text off Darrett explaining his wife has had a stroke so he's in the hospital every day at the minute. He said he'll try and get online tonight to see what's happening. If he can't confirm the status, he said he'll issue refunds.