The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Essex soldiers parade

Tourniquet

If it wasn't for our troops and for the ones before them there would be no freedom of speech for them to abuse !!!!!

Luckily "our" troops don't do what they do just for "them" (being the activists) to abuse the freedom of speech but so that "we" "being the brits" can abuse it too.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude you really are missing the whole point by a mile!!!

The terrorist groups were completely and utterly religion based. Just because in a history search you find references to IRA or INLA and no real links to catholic dissident terrorists doesn't mean that they weren't exactly that. Doesn't mean that UVF etc doesn't mean protestant dissident terrorist organisations. You are fully prepared to ignore and dismiss a situation that in these Isles caused untold killings for hundreds of years because you are ill informed and completely unlearned. Extend your own inadequacies to the rest of this countries "ill informed" and you shall see why the cycle of hate continues, it just wears a different hat.

dude you really are missing the whole point by a mile!!!

Dude you are completely not reading what my post is about. Like I said, the reason for the fighting between the factions of the time is not the issue of my post. My only issue is that back in the day we didn't categorise the factions as you quite decently referred to in your post with any link to any faith coming before it. My point is why do we do it now?

WHY!!! This was about welcoming home our troops.

You said that in your other comment as well, as if the thread had got subverted from its original purpose of welcoming home the troops. But if that was the sole intention, it would have stopped here:

The Royal Anglians paraded in my home town...well the one next to me that's paired with it anyway. Thousands turned out to see the real heroes of this country and welcome them home and it was an awesome sight.

Instead of going on to say this:

Unfortunately a bunch of Islamic slags tried to ruin the day but for once common sense got in their way and they just got absolutely ruined by everyone and hemmed in by the Police. I don't think the soldiers even had to see or hear any of it which is fantastic. Anyway I heard it made the news so thought I'd post the likny for those who would like to see Essex take on Islam.

So half the purpose of the thread is welcoming home the troops, the other half is a provocative statement about 'Essex taking on Islam'.

There's just no point arguing with you people is there really ! You would swear black was white and twist anything and everything to bring Islam out on top - well bollox to Islam and bollocks to anyone who dares attck the troops.

Well with the very greatest of respect and using "our" well earned right of freedom of speach, thank you very much for showing your understanding of the situation.

I can honestly say I would never swear black was white as I'm quite happy with black being black :tongue:. With regards to how you perceive our religion, it doesn't make any difference to me but just merely goes to point out that as long there are individuals like you (that obviously don't take any sides) then this situation will never be resolved.

You said that in your other comment as well, as if the thread had got subverted from its original purpose of welcoming home the troops. But if that was the sole intention, it would have stopped here:

Instead of going on to say this:

So half the purpose of the thread is welcoming home the troops, the other half is a provocative statement about 'Essex taking on Islam'.

+1. Like I said, There is no issues with the soldiers coming home.

Dude you are completely not reading what my post is about. Like I said, the reason for the fighting between the factions of the time is not the issue of my post. My only issue is that back in the day we didn't categorise the factions as you quite decently referred to in your post with any link to any faith coming before it. My point is why do we do it now?

I am completely reading what your post was and is about and repeatedly you are failing to acknowledge what I am telling you. The IRA is in history synonymous with the catholic faith in Ireland. Its opposite number the UVF is synonymous with the protestant faith. They were that categorised that as I said previously even did you not belong to catholic or protestant you "had" to side with one community or the other. You had to be either catholic with its IRA arm or protestant with its (arguably RUC and army) UVF arm. There was no middle ground and it was religious. I don't expect you to understand it so please accept that others here don't really understand the next big religious struggle many miles from their own lives.

I don't pretend to know the full facts of it but I was out there at the start of both Afghanistan and Iraq wars so I have a small amount direct knowledge on the subject.

No it won't, we've been hacking each other to bits for hundreds and hundreds of years. We probably started it back with the Crusades but that was a long time ago and the world has changed and updated accordingly, it's just unfortunate that Islam hasn't and countries like Trashcanistan still live in the dark ages in their barbaric ways.

To clarify I am happy for them to do that and couldn't give a stuff if they want to butcher each other so I don't thinks we should be there sorting anything out, we should let them get on with it. I do however 100% support our soldiers and so should the British people as they are ours.

I am not religious so am not saying 'our' mythical fairytale character is better than your mythical fairytale character but I have noticed how other religions don't want to murder all non believers even if it is a minority of them spouting it.

I am completely reading what your post was and is about and repeatedly you are failing to acknowledge what I am telling you. The IRA is in history synonymous with the catholic faith in Ireland. Its opposite number the UVF is synonymous with the protestant faith. They were that categorised that as I said previously even did you not belong to catholic or protestant you "had" to side with one community or the other. You had to be either catholic with its IRA arm or protestant with its (arguably RUC and army) UVF arm. There was no middle ground and it was religious. I don't expect you to understand it so please accept that others here don't really understand the next big religious struggle many miles from their own lives.

I don't pretend to know the full facts of it but I was out there at the start of both Afghanistan and Iraq wars so I have a small amount direct knowledge on the subject.

If you were reading my previous posts you would have noticed that I was not talking about or raising any issues of why one party was fighting another or which side they represented. All i'm saying is that even when you are now writing IRA (which was my example) you do not write Catholic IRA so why write Muslim or Islamic whatever other than to tarnish the name of the religion by linking the two.

No it won't, we've been hacking each other to bits for hundreds and hundreds of years. We probably started it back with the Crusades but that was a long time ago and the world has changed and updated accordingly, it's just unfortunate that Islam hasn't and countries like Trashcanistan still live in the dark ages in their barbaric ways.

To clarify I am happy for them to do that and couldn't give a stuff if they want to butcher each other so I don't thinks we should be there sorting anything out, we should let them get on with it. I do however 100% support our soldiers and so should the British people as they are ours.

I am not religious so am not saying 'our' mythical fairytale character is better than your mythical fairytale character but I have noticed how other religions don't want to murder all non believers even if it is a minority of them spouting it.

Dude sorry I have to disagree with you as well. It is irrelevant whether or not Islam has updated its ideas in years. You say barbaric but in who's views? Yours from your 3 bed semi?

You are right we should have left them to it but we didn't. FWIW it does bother me if "they" "butcher" each other. Often the butchered are the underdogs of the world. If I can take anything from my time in the wrong end of the planet I hope its so I benefited some of the people that live there daily.

I do however 100% support our soldiers and so should the British people as they are ours.

I haven't disagreed with this at any time, like I said, they were there doing their job. No issues with them at all. Glad they are safe but there are innocent casualties on both sides.

I have noticed how other religions don't want to murder all non believers even if it is a minority of them spouting it.

Might have something to do with the other religions not getting much media publicity and tarnishing in the same way Islam has had.

If you were reading my previous posts you would have noticed that I was not talking about or raising any issues of why one party was fighting another or which side they represented. All i'm saying is that even when you are now writing IRA (which was my example) you do not write Catholic IRA so why write Muslim or Islamic whatever other than to tarnish the name of the religion by linking the two.

Simple IRA is shorter and less typeface than catholic not to mention controversial.

Bear in mind you are getting and seeing British news feeds not Irish. What you see on the TV is not necessarily the whole truth but you already know that my friend.

Simple IRA is shorter and less typeface than catholic not to mention controversial.

Bear in mind you are getting and seeing British news feeds not Irish. What you see on the TV is not necessarily the whole truth but you already know that my friend.

That I obviously do and that is my point where once controversialness did play some part, it was obviously no longer an issue for the British media and some of it's people to link Islam to any terrorists in today's age.

Ah well controversy is allowed by the media nay encouraged to allow anti muslim sensationalism just like it was allowed to pervade with anti Catholicism in the height of the proper troubles.

Straight up I think what "they" the terrorists do and did is and was is wrong. As a man that thinks himself wizened I think I understand why it happened and apportion blame accordingly. My blame means nowt to anybody that counts though.

Personally my take on any religion be it catholic, protestant, or muslim is that it is all a load of old shit. Its perpetuated by the few to try and control the masses.

I'm not going to attempt to convert any single individual. Believe what you want just don't try and kill me if I don't believe what you do/

Ah well controversy is allowed by the media nay encouraged to allow anti muslim sensationalism just like it was allowed to pervade with anti Catholicism in the height of the proper troubles.

Straight up I think what "they" the terrorists do and did is and was is wrong. As a man that thinks himself wizened I think I understand why it happened and apportion blame accordingly. My blame means nowt to anybody that counts though.

Personally my take on any religion be it catholic, protestant, or muslim is that it is all a load of old $#@!. Its perpetuated by the few to try and control the masses.

I'm not going to attempt to convert any single individual. Believe what you want just don't try and kill me if I don't believe what you do/

That's perfectly understandable mate. I agree with you that the people that have done the awful things in recent times do deserve to be punished. At the end of the day even in 911, there were muslims that were in the towers and consequently killed. Irrespective of people's faiths there are many husbands, wives, kids and parents that have all lost out. The same in all the other stupid acts of any such things since 911 and before then.

My point is that although most muslims will support the above, this is not what is portrayed of Muslims. Instead we are portrayed as per previous posts and media as you know.

I, unlike you am a Muslim, but then like you, I don't go round trying to convert anybody either and that is not what any of my posts are about. I just don't like to have my religion tarnished just as many wouldn't want their "britishness" tarnished.

What the difference between the likes of me and you and others, be them terrorists, activists or the likes of some hot headed people that don't give a damn is that irrespective of who we are, where we come from and what our beliefs are, I (and I hope you) can respect the people we live and work with as they are.

Kam

Instead of playing the victims all the time and playing the card why don't the majority of decent Muslims deal with these sort of people, after all it seems to be quite a regulated faith with alot of influence amongst it's own.

There's just no point arguing with you people is there really ! You would swear black was white and twist anything and everything to bring Islam out on top - well bollox to Islam and bollocks to anyone who dares attck the troops.

You need to STFU and learn something you uneducated, bigoted, downright idiotic moron. There is no point arguing with a complete idiot like you who has no clue about anything. Pray to whatever diety you worship, or in your case, your local football team that big fat mouth doesnt get you into trouble in real life. Moronic little chavs like you need to be banned from this forum because you have nothing worthwhile to say.

I'm not playing any victim card, just standing up for my religion which is unfairly tarnished.

The reason why the majority of us decent muslims can't influence the nut cases is the same reason as why the majority of decent british people will never be able to influence the few that can't or respect the rest of us. No matter what you and I do, as long as there is the one that is always there on both sides, this issue will never get sorted.

There will always be idiots claiming to do things in the name of god and Islam and there will always be other people claiming all muslims are terrorists. If ever I come across the idiots, i'll tell them that they are doing wrong and as you have seen, I'll do the same for people slating muslims as a whole.

When you see the news coverage though of these sort of demos you obviously get a varied mix of intelligence (;)) including black and white brits having a go back at them but you never seem to get any asian brits or muslims wishing to show their disgust ?

I can't help it if the media does not want to talk to people like me, must not be good publicity for the cause but be assured I have contacted many sources and made similar points wherever any such issues have arisen, be it the local papers or Sky News, funnily enough though, my comments are never printed or read on the news hence I make such issues on the forums :p

I can't help it if the media does not want to talk to people like me, must not be good publicity for the cause but be assured I have contacted many sources and made similar points wherever any such issues have arisen, be it the local papers or Sky News, funnily enough though, my comments are never printed or read on the news hence I make such issues on the forums :p

If your that determined then get along to a demo and get yourself and your mates seen amongst the rest of the proud brits, surefire way to get your point over.