The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Essex soldiers parade

Tourniquet

It's a shame that the "patriotic" ones in the video don't have the eloquence of the gentleman with the beard, it would be easier to consider their opinions instead of just branding them chav football hooligans.

I don't agree with either side on this one from the evidence presented, the police did a good job and it's good to have the chaps home from doing what has been asked of them, be this right or wrong in some eyes.

This thread won't go anywhere useful sadly, we can't have a sensible exchange on this subject.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m4hfu3
yes, that is true

So how do you know this is true? have you done any research? Yes some have declared holy war, but not "MOST" as Wes asked. So you saying "yes, that is true" will some how make it true?

If you actually research the minority of Imams and clerics who have decalred holy war have been condemmed by the majority of the muslim world.

Also Mathew calling the lot of them scum i assume you are refering to muslims in general so alot of members such as myself would take offence to that as we live peacfully and contibute to this country immensly, so it just shows you ignorance.

It's a shame that the "patriotic" ones in the video don't have the eloquence of the gentleman with the beard, it would be easier to consider their opinions instead of just branding them chav football hooligans.

That's what I thought. They could be advocates for Save the Lemurs and I would feel obliged to disagree with whatever they said, on the grounds that they're abusive knuckle-dragging fat-heads. On the basis of this footage, Essex looks like a lovely place to live, full of quirky, charming locals.

This thread won't go anywhere useful sadly, we can't have a sensible exchange on this subject.

You old inductively-reasoning cynic.

I don't agree with either side on this one from the evidence presented, the police did a good job and it's good to have the chaps home from doing what has been asked of them, be this right or wrong in some eyes.

Agree with your post and I like your use of inverted commas.... :) - subtle.

imi

yes, that is true

Lol well done bright spark. We really have a scholar here. Go educate yourself mate.

In any case, are these idiots still doing these ridiculous protests? Its just completely moronic and inapproporiate. Freedom of speech gone too far? Seems like we have double standards though when considering this scenario and the ones regarding the cartoons of the Prophet.

Well done guys.

Welcome home,... especially you Dan.

You have my respect sir :salute:

Oh Imi, threads about british pride and you dont seem to jell well do they mate.

I understand you dont agree with the policy of going to war (to be honest, I'm not sure I do either) but please dont sour every thread with the same old negativity.

Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope.

If Birtish pride has to do with celebrating its colonial past and flexing its military might by invading countries then yes, you are right, it doesn't gel well at all.

As to the comment about negativity, did you expect me to give them a pat on the back for the innocent lives that have been lost - get real, its their actions and they are also responsible.

imi

really? Care to elaborate?

no i dont. nobody was answering wez's question and i also wanted to know the answer and knew if i posted such a reply it would get some attention which may lead to someone confirming as to wether or not wez's suspision was true or not. my plan was excecuted to perfection and seeing as now i have your attention maybe you can clear up the confusion....

no i dont. Nobody was answering wez's question and i also wanted to know the answer and knew if i posted such a reply it would get some attention which may lead to someone confirming as to wether or not wez's suspision was true or not. My plan was excecuted to perfection and seeing as now i have your attention maybe you can clear up the confusion....

:D

Also Mathew calling the lot of them scum i assume you are refering to muslims in general so alot of members such as myself would take offence to that as we live peacfully and contibute to this country immensly, so it just shows you ignorance.

no, i wasnt refering to all muslims. i was refering to the bunch of muslims that were protesting. never assume, my friend.

no i dont. nobody was answering wez's question and i also wanted to know the answer and knew if i posted such a reply it would get some attention which may lead to someone confirming as to wether or not wez's suspision was true or not. my plan was excecuted to perfection and seeing as now i have your attention maybe you can clear up the confusion....

If I knew the answer to Wez's question I would have responded back. Certainly not shy to engage in a discussion.......you should realise that by now...

If I knew the answer to Wez's question I would have responded back. Certainly not shy to engage in a discussion.......you should realise that by now...

...and a discussion is what im after. im guessing you already know my opinions on religion however this does not mean i do not want to further my knowledge regarding the subject. with that in mind im hoping that the likes of Sceptic can come up with an adequate answer for me seeing as he was quick off the mark to shoot me down and tell me to go and 'educate myself'.

Welcome back mate pleased you had a safe tour, my old unit are out there at the moment as part of the Joint Forces Explosive Ordnance Disposal Group.

As per usual there are the same people on here who feel the need to comment in favour of the Muslims, Lets be honest about this they only turn up at these welcome home parades to cause hassle/gain attention and for no other reason. why are they not doing there own parades? why do they insist on trying to put there point across at a home coming parade......... Publicity is why.

We should go back to how it was when we used to come back from tour, bus back from Brize or Lynham to our barracks then few days at camp then home for some well earned R+R. I did 7 Operational tours and never had a parade, not that i minded. Least this way it does not give the Muslims the air time/attention they are craving.

Richie

Well clearly, by your own admission you lack the requisite knowledge in this area. Your so called plan to initiate a debate speaks volumes of your mindset and intentions.

So where do I begin educating you? First observe the word "infidel". Then understand the authority of Imams. Understand that there is no religious hierarchy in Islam; contrast with priests. Then understand the basic teachings of the Quran, which, if you do not already know is the Holy book of muslims.

Then you may realise the strict rule that instructs all muslims to respect and abide by the rules of the non-Muslim country in which they reside insofar as these rules don't clash with our teachings.

The comment that most imams have instructed Muslims to declare war on infidels in a completely stupid one. Read the first few chapters of the Quran and you will know how stupid this statement is.

If, you actually think that the aforementioned statement might have some semblance of truth to it then you are in dire need of education.

Whatever your views on religion are, there really is no excuse for being ignorant to the vissicitudes of life and the basic understanding and consensus of such a big chunk of the human population.

What these idiots are doing is stupid not only from a patriotic perspective but an Islamic one aswell, the latter one arguably being superior in that it demands its subscribers to think, ponder and think again.

P.S welcome back Dan

If Birtish pride has to do with celebrating its colonial past and flexing its military might by invading countries then yes, you are right, it doesn't gel well at all.

As to the comment about negativity, did you expect me to give them a pat on the back for the innocent lives that have been lost - get real, its their actions and they are also responsible.

imi

Give it a rest mate.

To be drawn into an argument about this is probably want you want as its moving away from the original thread topic,.. which is congratulations to our (yes imi, yours and mine) troops returning home. If you don't like it, don't post.

I'm sure http://www.talibansupra.net would love to hear about your political views on war.

Give it a rest mate.

To be drawn into an argument about this is probably want you want as its moving away from the original thread topic,.. which is congratulations our (yes imi, yours and mine) troops returning home. If you don't like it, don't post.

I'm sure http://www.talibansupra.net would love to hear about your political views on war.

:yeahthat:

It's getting a bit boring now

I'm running late to the gym because of this silly debate that we can't discuss rationally. Shadow Beast, of course we will defend ourselves because isn't that what you're doing? I for one can't just sit by and let erroneous and ignorant views fester on these forums.

It's ironic how similar the mindsets are of the "extremist" Muslims and those that make sweeping statements about Muslims. Both sides are bigoted and have no real understanding of anything. One brainwashed by a fundamentalist extremist and the other by The Sun and Daily Express.

Sigh...I'm off to gym. Peace out

If you're going to use another conflict as an illustration, can I suggest you do a little research first rather than blurt out complete rubbish and then say that as you're actually ignorant on the subject, you should be excused?

The words Catholic and Protestant were used to exhaustion in N. Ireland and became synonymous with Republican/Nationalist/Loyalist etc etc.

With all due respect, I cannot recall one time I ever saw the phrase, Christian IRA, Catholic IRA, or Protestant IRA or any other version of any other faith come before IRA ever used in any news or other headline when referring to the IRA.

Fair enough that the types of faith may have been used to explain the issues bewteen the parties but all I'm saying is that they weren't categorised by their faith. Is it because we knew which faith these people were from, If so are you saying that you don't know which faith Al Qaida or Hamas or any other follows and have to keep reminding yourselves that it is Islam and they are Muslims?

I am not condoning the actions of these people but I am questioning the need to title them by their religion when it is not the religion which is at fault.

As per usual there are the same people on here who feel the need to comment in favour of the Muslims,

Richie

I'm not sure if I am part of the "same people" but the reason I'm commenting in favour of Muslims is because to categorise us all in the same way is obviously wrong as we are not all in the same group. When people stop doing this and start criticising the minority as that rather than as a whole the maybe I won't defend them.

Kam