The mkiv Supra Owners Club

End of the world?

jonathanc

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor old Dave. I really like him and genuinely admire his courage and durability. I don't think he's psychotic or even just thick. He's just the logical end point of 'keeping an open mind': too easily seduced by faux scholarship, too easily convinced that everyone outside the mainstream must be a visionary, and crucially, no bull$#@! detector.

:) I kind of feel sorry for him. I've never been to any of his shows, but I've visited his site a few times. He seems to have back-tracked slightly since his chat show rants, now 'they' are not actually lizards, 'they' are just lizard like. I'm slightly embarrassed by my inability to take from his vast content any more than this. You hit the nail squarely when you described his claims as extraordinary...but at least they fit nicely on an 18" monitor, and they only appear before me when I want them to. Thats as far as I for one would like to travel with David.

I'm slightly embarrassed by my inability to take from his vast content any more than this.

I know exactly what you mean. I read his book 'The Biggest Secret' some years back and immediately, I was overwhelmed by this tsunami of ....stuff. The overall impression I was left with was of being bludgeoned around the head with every single barmy idea since the dawn of time. And that's where the flaws in his approach lie. He's so obsessed with fitting together this glorious jigsaw that he never really examines any of the pieces in detail.

I know exactly what you mean. I read his book 'The Biggest Secret' some years back and immediately, I was overwhelmed by this tsunami of ....stuff. The overall impression I was left with was of being bludgeoned around the head with every single barmy idea since the dawn of time. And that's where the flaws in his approach lie. He's so obsessed with fitting together this glorious jigsaw that he never really examines any of the pieces in detail.

He can't see the wood for the trees, etc. So when someone 'taps' him on the head with a baseball bat, he won't see it coming. :)

That guy is an absolute LUNATIC!!

I don't get it, honestly, he starts off by saying that this george bush senior geezer is a lizard of some sort and people have seen him morph and then he goes on and explains that it was due to the fact that our ancestors had a fetish for aliens?! How can this formula be true: Alien + Human = Lizard being

Unless the alien was in actual fact a crocodile in which case our ancestors were freaky! :rolleyes:

He then had the audacity to say that the british royal family were in actual fact a bunch of lizards too?! Are you out of your mind, how dare you speak of the queen in such a manner, just look at how innocent she is! :rolleyes:

Erm...English by any chance mate?

Yep, born in St. Albans, wotwotwot! :D

Anyway, this is quite an interesting debate, though I should have kept my big keyboard shut in the first place but what's new!? :innocent:

I'd explain the whole reptile thing in detail but I'm on parole for preaching without a license and it's any excuse at the moment! ;)

I think you're all really funny actually! :D

Ed: BTW, I can't say for sure but according to someone or other, 'Elizabeth' means 'Of Lizard Birth' in Hebrew or something. Makes sense to me but then it would, wouldn't it ;-)

How come you get to plug websites with impunity and I don't? :D

Obviously got connections huh? Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more! ;)

Anyhoo, this is on topic as it's another obvious attempt to provoke WWIII if it's legit but I just saw it on the above site;-

US defense secretary Robert Gates said Tuesday night, April 27: "Hizballah has far more rockets and missile than most governments in the world." (Typo theirs).

:wtf:

Reassuring to know that America isn't in Israel's back pocket afterall then!

I think you're all really funny actually! :D

Yes. Yes we are.

You'll miss me when I'm gone! :taped:

No. No we... :taped:

Ed: BTW, I can't say for sure but according to someone or other, 'Elizabeth' means 'Of L?zard Birth' in Hebrew or something. Makes sense to me but then it would, wouldn't it ;-)

The Hebrew meaning of Elizabeth is "God is my oath" and "God's promise"

Still, glad you looked in to it all, just like Mr Icke's notions.

Now stop this buffoonery at once!

Apparently the ancient Hebrew for Banned is, and I can't say for sure..."Beast of Bomex" or something. Makes sense to me, but then it would wouldn't it? ;)

Yes. Yes we are.

No. No we... :taped:

The Hebrew meaning of Elizabeth is "God is my oath" and "God's promise"

Still, glad you looked in to it all, just like Mr Icke's notions.

Now stop this buffoonery at once!

Apparently the ancient Hebrew for Banned is, and I can't say for sure..."Beast of Bomex" or something. Makes sense to me, but then it would wouldn't it? ;)

Ooooh, you're too sharp for me! I guess that's why you get the extra :D

Ed: BTW, I can't say for sure but according to someone or other, 'Elizabeth' means 'Of Lizard Birth' in Hebrew or something. Makes sense to me but then it would, wouldn't it ;-)

I assume you posted that in jest ? Although part of me wishes you actually believe it.

Why would you wish that?

Can't reply anyway, as rubber stamp is hovering with intent!

you go for it in this thread. Its sooooo far out of normal that you couldnt possibly make it any worse, and its nice to see you winning friends and influencing people.

So you go girl.

you go for it in this thread. Its sooooo far out of normal that you couldnt possibly make it any worse, and its nice to see you winning friends and influencing people.

So you go girl.

Norman Vincent Peale, yes I have the book but it basically says "Suck up to people and mirror their bodylanguage" but despite what people may think, I don't 'do' sucking. Again, others may disagree!

As for girl, I think you got me all wrong :eek:

Sorry!

Maybe that's why I'm still here? :D

Norman Vincent Peale, yes I have the book but it basically says "Suck up to people and mirror their bodylanguage" but despite what people may think, I don't 'do' sucking. Again, others may disagree!

As for girl, I think you got me all wrong :eek:

Sorry!

Maybe that's why I'm still here? :D

no, you are still here as you provide some entertainment factor to the inmates.

You see I work on the basis that if you keep the population busy with replying to pointless drivel they wont notice that I am infact a lizard called Stevie from Madagascar.

no, you are still here as you provide some entertainment factor to the inmates.

You see I work on the basis that if you keep the population busy with replying to pointless drivel they wont notice that I am infact a lizard called Stevie from Madagascar.

Errrm, I don't know what you're on but where can I get some? ;)

BTW please don't lobotomise me like Jack Nicholson?

I'm just laying here in the bath, wondering, why, if you put ice in a drink, and the ice melts, the drink won't overflow.

But the ice caps are melting.

And people say we're going to all drown.

And the islands of mauritius will disappear.

Yet the islands have grown in land area over the past 5 years since all this has been going on.

I'm just laying here in the bath' date=' wondering, why, if you put ice in a drink, and the ice melts, the drink won't overflow.[/quote']

Ice expands as it freezes so it reduces in volume when it thaws. Icecaps/bergs are also above sea level so can increase the volume, despite the underwater part getting smaller (ooer!).

:)

I'm just laying here in the bath, wondering, why, if you put ice in a drink, and the ice melts, the drink won't overflow.

But the ice caps are melting.

And people say we're going to all drown.

And the islands of mauritius will disappear.

Yet the islands have grown in land area over the past 5 years since all this has been going on.

By the way, the whole global warming fraud is a.......