The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA's game plan was spot on, kept the likes of Rooney, Lennon, Johnson and Cole quiet. Rooney then had to drop deep to get the ball, not where we want him.

Rob Green dropped a huge clanger then nearly got done at his near post, not good enough.

Heskey completes his one and only assist in any world cup and then misses a sitter.

Lampard, did he actually play?

Terry and Carragher, not enough pace and as i said before Carragher is a liabilty

As for thinking England can win, do any of you go into a game or match on your own and expect to lose? I never have and never will, if you go in negative you will probably find a way to lose.

Must put my 2p's worth in here....

I am Scottish, live in England but would never support England due to their dirty stinking attitude that they are gonna WIN the world cup. FFS, yes you have a good team (bar a list of calamity keepers!) but please, please will one of you admit you ain't a world beating, cup winning team.. Rooney can't win every game on his own, the rest of the team needs to be supplying him with decent crosses, which, come on, Heskey... who hasn't scored since last Feb??? Crouch that is a lanky waste of space.... But will admit, Heskey played well, he is good at holding up the ball but to put him in a scoring opportunity how many times????

Anyway, back on subject... I think I could bring myself to support England but not till the cocky, $#@!tish arrogant attitudes stop. And no, i'm not bitter, jealous or whatever you wanna call it. Scotland are not a amazing team but at least i'm big enough to come out and say it!

And sorry if I start the ranting off again... Peace!

Not bitter or jealous? Ha ha of course your not :D

As for thinking England can win, do any of you go into a game or match on your own and expect to lose? I never have and never will, if you go in negative you will probably find a way to lose.

Do you really expect England to win the world cup?

I for one WOULD support england if it wasnt for the cocky arogance that they have.

As a Scot I look to every game like we can win but realistically we're not gonna ever win the world cup. We may qualify, get passed the group stages maybe once in my lifetime but that doesnt stop me thinking we can win every game......

two things here folks...

1) I hate football with a passion, the arrogant and yobbish nature of the supporters typically shows their true colours. So a discussion about football is right at the bottom of my interest list and is fair game for being locked if it gets out of hand

2) This is a discussion thread about the current match on TV, not about who is racist, who is a 'lamb shank' and why everybody hates English football supporters so much (please refer to point 1).

So, lets keep this thread purely to discussion around the current match and how great England are playing, and keep the intellectual discussions around racism and yob culture to other threads (which can be locked without disappointing a whole nation of supporters).

In other words, play nice.

And you English complain about YOUR football team?!?!

Australia looks like a pack of no-hopers out there - no cohesion, no passing ability, no work rate, no THREAT.... this makes me feel embarrassed to support the Socceroos.

No wonder Germany have scored twice (and should have at least 2 more) - very easy to stream forward when the opposition can't even pass the ball effectively into the forward 1/3, let alone the penalty area.

I'm FUMING.