The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At best, some very good performances that promise a bright improving tournament, not a loss and the goal conceded was an own goal.

At worst, England looked sloppy and careless at times, and deserved more goals against them but for poor opposition striking.

At best, some very good performances that promise a bright improving tournament, not a loss and the goal conceded was an own goal.

At worst, England looked sloppy and careless at times, and deserved more goals against them but for poor opposition striking.

The game I saw the England strikeforce was out of this world. Everytime they got the ball forward they looked like scoring. The thing is though..... they didn't!

As you say though, the defence and the sloppyness all over the pitch earned them a lucky draw against a far lesser team. If they play like that against anyone that matters they will be sore in the morning.

Ah, so England won 1 - 1?

Or is that how it will be portrayed by the talking heads? ;-)

At the start of the game it was an easy win. 10 mins before time it was a good result for the USA, not so good for England. By the end of the game, into extra time, both sets of support will be happy with the point.

If I was an England supporter I would be raging for the reasons I posted above. Whether it is management or concentration I don't know, only the pro's can dissect what happened.

Soooooo??? How shit were we really???

Imagine needing to smash through a pane of glass. It isn't re-enforced and any monkey with a brick could normally do it.

Now, you have a big bag full of shiney tools with big brand names on them. No matter how hard you hit the pane and no matter what you throw at it.... it just won't cave.

After 90 mins of trying all you have left to show for your efforts are some cuts and bruises on your person and a crack in the glass.

:innocent:

Given that USA is arguably the more likely to come second in the Group, it's not a dire situation and doesn't warrant hand-wringing by England supporters.

As long as next game they play better, defend / pass sharper and score more efficiently (i.e. convert more of those good chances).

Not sure if it will work or not but since it's a car forum thought it would be better to have 1 thread for the footy chat.
For balance it might be an idea to have one other thread about the footy without all the bitter jocks and football haters trolling for a reaction from England supporters.

Imagine needing to smash through a pane of glass. It isn't re-enforced and any monkey with a brick could normally do it.

Now, you have a big bag full of shiney tools with big brand names on them. No matter how hard you hit the pane and no matter what you throw at it.... it just won't cave.

After 90 mins of trying all you have left to show for your efforts are some cuts and bruises on your person and a crack in the glass.

:innocent:

WOW we played ok then?? God help us against a good team:blink: I'm scottish BTW..(hides the blame):innocent:

For balance it might be an idea to have one other thread about the footy without all the bitter jocks and football haters trolling for a reaction from England supporters.

Stop calling us Jocks then you racist twat. Why not just crawl under the rock you have been under for so long and stay there. You're nothing but a fat little bitter lamb shank that tries to get under peoples skin.... successfully.

You have never been a credit to this forum and you never will be. In fact the only decent thing you ever did was sell your Supra and your bits on.

Piss off Jake.

Stop calling us Jocks then you racist twat. Why not just crawl under the rock you have been under for so long and stay there. You're nothing but a fat little bitter lamb shank that tries to get under peoples skin.... successfully.

You have never been a credit to this forum and you never will be. In fact the only decent thing you ever did was sell your Supra and your bits on.

Piss off Jake.

:D:d:d

I used three as It really made me laugh for some reason:blink:

Piss off Jake.

Oh dear. And I was trying to keep it civil.

Truth hurts, does it?

Guest Supra-T

Piss off Jake.

:D:D:rlol::rlol:

calm down guys!!

Stop calling us Jocks then you racist $#@!. Why not just crawl under the rock you have been under for so long and stay there. You're nothing but a fat little bitter lamb shank that tries to get under peoples skin.... successfully.

Piss off Jake.

That must have hurt :D