The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is this? ive never heard scottish people reffered to as "jocks" until this thread?

Im guessing its just english slang for a scottish person?

It is and it isn't. Jock is a slang name for John, very common for John's to be called Jock up here, as you will know. I think the use in England comes from the Army at one point or another. Not sure if it is directly from us calling our John's Jock or not lol.

You heard it here first folks- hat-trick for Messi.

Me fail :(

He sets them up for everyone else, bring outs the best in oppostion golakeepers and the goal frame keeps getting in the way of the ball all the time.... :complain:

Heinze getting the camera in his nut after the 2nd goal was THE best moment of the tournament so far :D

That was class :D Heinze is the dirtiest conman I've ever seen play.

I don't follow 'the football' but I understand that they played pretty well in their qualifying games which in turn lead people to expect a stunning performance in the World Cup.

So what changed once the tournament started? Why did they suddenly start playing crap?

Well in qualifying games the squad only spend a week at most with Capello so I reckon the extra time Capello and his regime had just pissed off the players IMO,

Well in qualifying games the squad only spend a week at most with Capello so I reckon the extra time Capello and his regime had just pissed off the players IMO,

Not to mention who they had to qualify against ;)