The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

lol! you guys are hilarious!

enough lets not fight anymore.

just watching the re-runs to englands game and really stumped on one thing. Rooney had a cannon of a leg. every game for (MU) he takes crazy shots and smashs them somewhere near the goal not mention his strong tackles, in the last 4 games i havent seen any shots like that nor have i seen any decent tackles. hes better when hes angry!!!

One word. Bribes.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i dont want to be sore looser but you said the exact word that ive been thinking.....

I don't follow 'the football' but I understand that they played pretty well in their qualifying games which in turn lead people to expect a stunning performance in the World Cup.

So what changed once the tournament started? Why did they suddenly start playing crap?

Maybe they agreed to an early exit in order to secure the WC for the UK in 2016 or whenever it is.

I was in a pub in town watching this earlier.

There were a load of Germans watching it upstairs and there were a good few English watching it downstairs where I was.

At the end the Germans came out through the pub singing and cheering.

Some posh English bloke who was totally wasted picked up a bottle of ketchup and fired it at them.

He totally missed the Germans and it smashed off the wall beside some other English couple.

The fella it nearly hit got up and floored the stupid drunken posh bloke.

The whole pub started cheering, definitely the highlight of the tournament so far.

He missed- that sums it up :)

I was glad England lost. Maybe it will bring them all down to earth.

When will people realise that England aren't very good???

The media give them so much hype that everyone thinks they are unstoppable. Oh, how wrong could they be.

As for tv pundits calling for the sacking of the England manager, that just makes me lol..

Do they expect the next manager to do any better?

It's nothing to do with the manager, it's the fact that the players just can't cut the mustard.

It's like trying to paint the mona lisa with a fork...

If they play like a team then we could be a real force to contend with.

Terry and Upson were defending like they're playing a sunday league game.

Germany could have had at least 6 if it wasn't for James.

Totally gutted after the result, but at least messi and co will teach ze germans a good lesson!!

Good point, it's only the football team that don't seem to want to work together.

Too many ego's on the pitch at the same time.

Their whole reputation is based upon premiership football, so international level football takes a backseat.

With countries like, Mexico, Uruguay, Ghana etc there are no BIG stars so the teams can work as a unit and get results by working together.

You dont become a top 8 team in the world for nothing, theyre not really that bad

I have to disagree and agree at the same time here.

England haven't beaten anyone worth mentioning in competition for ages. I haven't even seen them play any decent football in years. Every draw that they get in competition is ridiculous opposition. The sour grapes in the English with the Scottish banter has them talking about qualification. We beat France and were onto a draw with Italy before the ref threw the game away and gave a free kick when the Italian striker pulled a Scottish defender down. Now, I'm not for one second saying that Scotland are better than France or Italy, what I AM saying is that the draws that we end up in have always been far harder than England.

The easier the draw, the more likely you are to progress and the more points you get for your position in the world rankings. I could name 10 teams that have done better in the last 10 years than England have, and that's just off the top of my head.

I think that the quality of the individuals in England teams is easily top 8 in the world.

What I continually struggle to understand is how a team of champions continually plays worse than the sum of its parts. Surely the stress and pressure of playing for Chelsea or Man U or Liverpool etc is similar to the World Cup?

I think that the quality of the individuals in England teams is easily top 8 in the world.

What I continually struggle to understand is how a team of champions continually plays worse than the sum of its parts. Surely the stress and pressure of playing for Chelsea or Man U or Liverpool etc is similar to the World Cup?

Far too many foreign players in the Premier League to enable 'us' to have an effective national squad, IMO.

There definitely should be a cap on those foreign players in the future, so they can gel as a team better.

Who cares, anyway? Football is gay, after all ;)

EDIT: And an English manager!

To be fair they didn't exactly have a very tough qualifying group. A bit much expecting world beaters because they done well here.

Accrington Stanley would have held their own here.

Ukraine

Croatia

Belarus

Kazakhstan

Andorra

Then again Accrington Stanley would have held their own against England yesterday, lol.

Taken from yahoo sport.

Here are the teams England have beaten at World Cups since 1986: Poland, Paraguay, Egypt, Belgium, Cameroon, Tunisia, Colombia, Argentina (the notable exception), Denmark, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Ecuador, Slovenia.

The teams who have knocked England out? Argentina, West Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, Germany.

Yet still people thought and somehow continue to think of this generation as world beaters.

At least the Irish and Scottish can admit that they are crap :)