The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

I think that kinda sums it up really. In my eyes it isn't bitterness, although there is a fair share of that to go around too. It's being sick to the back teeth of all the one sidedness of England being in any competition regarding football. It's the media hype and it all being rammed down our throats from 1 month before kickoff till 1 month after England go out of the competition.

The commentaters today summed up my disdain for it all. Nothing to do with the real football supporters, more the media and the thugs chanting "Engerland" with no idea who the 11 men are on the park.

A good example was at the start of the competition. One of the reporters went into the village that had just got electricity for the first time. They had a make shift TV using a small projector and a bedsheet, put a lot into prespective. The guy had a brief chat with one of the people and then had the cheek to ask "and what do you think of Englands chances of winning". 1966 was also mentioned 30 times in the opening ceremony lol (it wasn't really 30, but it was mentioned).

Don't hate us because we hate your media Havard. We won't have the Mars bars wrapper changed... honest :D

I would never support a bunch of skirt wearing fairies even if Scotland did get to a final.

The scots and English don't get on (unless holidaying ing Blackpool) we know this. I hope Germany go all the way just to rub it into our boys faces.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never support a bunch of skirt wearing fairies even if Scotland did get to a final.

The Scots and English don't get on (unless holidaying ing Blackpool) we know this. I hope Germany go all the way just to rub it into our boys faces.

I get on fine with the English I'll have you know :tongue:

Well, most of them :D

The scots and English don't get on (unless holidaying ing Blackpool) we know this. I hope Germany go all the way just to rub it into our boys faces.

Tool.

Maradonna is startin to resemble that wee fellow Nik Nak from that old bond film haha

I love watching Madge on the touchline. Along with Messi, he is the reason I am backing Argentina. For the shear entertainment of it all :D

Had you lot tucked at Wembly the last time we met though eh. World cup winning team then apparently too :p

England are shocking I wouldn't expect anything else from them. At least most of them will be gone when the next championship is going on.

Don't hate us because we hate your media Havard. We won't have the Mars bars wrapper changed... honest :D

I'm not a hater, see my previous posts in this thread. I just don't understand other haters..!!

Like I said, I've got my Archie Gemmill shirt ready for the Euro's. I''ll support any of the home nations if England aren't around.....;)

H.

I was in a pub in town watching this earlier.

There were a load of Germans watching it upstairs and there were a good few English watching it downstairs where I was.

At the end the Germans came out through the pub singing and cheering.

Some posh English bloke who was totally wasted picked up a bottle of ketchup and fired it at them.

He totally missed the Germans and it smashed off the wall beside some other English couple.

The fella it nearly hit got up and floored the stupid drunken posh bloke.

The whole pub started cheering, definitely the highlight of the tournament so far.