The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is they needed to take Rooney off as hes done nothing the whole tournament, keep defoe on and have lank dog Peter up there...

Defence was terrible, and Germany are a damn good team...

Our one goal was a complete flook!! It hit is face and went in lol

But i wasnt expecting a win... supose bring on the Euro.... if we actually get in this time lol

i suppose you jocks have to support someone,seeing as your national team couldnt even qualify.....

LOL, here we go.

Are you just about to dust of the last of your Stella, then go next door and wreck your neighbours patio set?

Or are you gonna stay home and watch the inevitable riot on the big screen? :D

I had Rooney on for 1st goal scorer, soon as the 1st goal went in my interest went out the window.

Us Scots know we are P1ss, but the fact the English are paying an Italian huge sums of money to make them Equally as p!ss amuses somewhat.:)

Another really funny fact about Scottish football fans is that when ever Scotland plays it's impossible to guess the results of their fotty game by there behavour..! Win or Loose the Scots are going to have a massive party afterwards..!

It cracks me up...! lol

Problem is they needed to take Rooney off

I agree with you there, he done nothing the whole tournament, I kept waiting on him coming good but it never transpired.

Just wonder if the injury he had at the tail end of the season had something to do with his lackluster performances?

I'm glad they lost the way they did, no passion, no flare, overated and just plain embarassing to watch.

Just sums up even more how much I have gone off football in the past few years, it's full of cheats, way to much money involved and to be honest, extremely boring!

Another really funny fact about Scottish football fans is that when ever Scotland plays it's impossible to guess the results of their fotty game by there behavour..! Win or Loose the Scots are going to have a massive party afterwards..!

It cracks me up...! lol

I wouldnt say massive party everytime.

The result changes the status of the party

Big (lose)

Huge (draw)

Monumental (Win)

Everyone I know cheered for Germany.

Why do the Scots do this?

I would love to see you guys come out or your mud huts and give another team a beating....:D

I think it's sad to see a nation support the opposition to this extent. If the Scots would have been there I would have got an Archie Gemill (sp) replica shirt and worn a dress in support of you lot......:D

It's disappointing to see you this bitter. Maybe it's because we can't accept just how shit we are.....:(

H.

I wouldnt say massive party everytime.

The result changes the status of the party

Big (lose)

Huge (draw)

Monumental (Win)

Your not kidding..! Everytime I visit my friends in Scotland I do my famous ''I am going to the shop to buy some more beers'' only to shoot home...! Serious it's saturday night and I am still partying and wearing the same clothes that I went out on friday night..! ha-ha quality banter...! lol

I would love to see you guys come out or your mud huts and give another team a beating....:D

I think it's sad to see a nation support the opposition to this extent. If the Scots would have been there I would have got an Archie Gemill (sp) replica shirt and worn a dress in support of you lot......:D

It's disappointing to see you this bitter. Maybe it's because we can't accept just how shit we are.....:(

H.

Most of us will tell you the reason for it is the press coverage and hype that gets shoved down your throat at every possibility.

Take for example the F1, it was mentioned quite a few times during, i highly doubt if roles were reversed that the result would be the same

(not that they ever will be lol)

Most of us will tell you the reason for it is the press coverage and hype that gets shoved down your throat at every possibility.

Take for example the F1, it was mentioned quite a few times during, i highly doubt if roles were reversed that the result would be the same

(not that they ever will be lol)

True mate. I don't notice it as we are looking from a different angle I suppose. Personally I love the Scots and my trips up there have been great.

Then again I have never understood racist behaviour as I have always judged people as individuals, some of my freinds are even German and French FFS..!!:D

H.

I agree with you there, he done nothing the whole tournament, I kept waiting on him coming good but it never transpired.

Just wonder if the injury he had at the tail end of the season had something to do with his lackluster performances?

True he did have a small strech but they shoud have givin him a match off. The guy is ment to be one of the world class players!!

And Joe Heart in goal, balls to the no experience he is an amazing goal keeper... When he was on loan to Birmingham i have never seen such amazing goal keeping!!

As for Hesky.... Well im not goin to comment!

Dont get me wrong i have no issue with the English and like you love Scots i love the English.

I just enjoy watching them getting beat as a sort of pay back for what we have to endure :p

If the hype and press wasn't so bad I'd happily support England in all events.

What the BBC need to take into account is that its the British national station rather than the English one.

I'm all for supporting your country and really not caring what anyone else says which is what every country does its just we see all your side of it and you don't see ours. IYKWIM

H.

I think that kinda sums it up really. In my eyes it isn't bitterness, although there is a fair share of that to go around too. It's being sick to the back teeth of all the one sidedness of England being in any competition regarding football. It's the media hype and it all being rammed down our throats from 1 month before kickoff till 1 month after England go out of the competition.

The commentaters today summed up my disdain for it all. Nothing to do with the real football supporters, more the media and the thugs chanting "Engerland" with no idea who the 11 men are on the park.

A good example was at the start of the competition. One of the reporters went into the village that had just got electricity for the first time. They had a make shift TV using a small projector and a bedsheet, put a lot into prespective. The guy had a brief chat with one of the people and then had the cheek to ask "and what do you think of Englands chances of winning". 1966 was also mentioned 30 times in the opening ceremony lol (it wasn't really 30, but it was mentioned).

Don't hate us because we hate your media Havard. We won't have the Mars bars wrapper changed... honest :D