The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You scot's are so sad, cant bring your self to support your fellow brit's against the rest. Time to loose the chip on your shoulder

It ain't a chip bud, don't think for one min it has anything to do with British history ;)

Think more along the lines of the guy at the party that tells you how great he is, how much money he has and all the girls he has scored with...... all because one night 44 years ago he bagged a cracker. It's all we hear, it's all everyone hears. The ENGLISH public are getting fed up with it. Every 2 years England are dubbed world beaters yet they do feck all...... you STILL don't hear the end of it though.

It's only in football bud, don't kid yourself on. It's the easiest excuse in the world to blame the history because the truth is far more of a wake up call.

It doesn't happen with Rugby, Tennis, the Olympics or any other sport that I can name.... Only football, because that is where the media, the hype and the ridiculous self belief goes way over the top.

Lets list the "chips" that Wales, Ireland, Scotland, England, Europe, USA, Africa all have in common with their pure and simple boredom of England and their world beating teams.

It ain't a chip bud, don't think for one min it has anything to do with British history ;)

Think more along the lines of the guy at the party that tells you how great he is, how much money he has and all the girls he has scored with...... all because one night 44 years ago he bagged a cracker. It's all we hear, it's all everyone hears. The ENGLISH public are getting fed up with it. Every 2 years England are dubbed world beaters yet they do feck all...... you STILL don't hear the end of it though.

It's only in football bud, don't kid yourself on. It's the easiest excuse in the world to blame the history because the truth is far more of a wake up call.

It doesn't happen with Rugby, Tennis, the Olympics or any other sport that I can name.... Only football, because that is where the media, the hype and the ridiculous self belief goes way over the top.

Lets list the "chips" that Wales, Ireland, Scotland, England, Europe, USA, Africa all have in common with their pure and simple boredom of England and their world beating teams.

Good point's, but was you really cheering for england in the rugby world cup? or the ozzes

Good point's, but was you really cheering for england in the rugby world cup? or the ozzes

Couldn't care less bud, honestly. I didn't say that I supported England in everything else that they do, I just don't have any problems with their publicity, support and general fun/enjoyment when it comes to everything else.

In football England are the bain of the earth. It is nothing to do with the country as a Nation, or with the football team itself. It is the overhyped media fueling the small percent of idiots on holiday with their ridiculous chants EVERYWHERE they go.

Have a look at every advert on the television at the moment. The advertisers are just doing what sells, and the nation laps it up like a puppy and gets belief that if it is on TV then it's going to happen.

Conceited? Don't get me started. Did you see the Britain's got Talent final? The interim act was the England World Cup song FFS. It's about Britain, not England.

Right, can we just agree to disagree? This thread was generally for the world cup banter during the games. Not a slagging match over whos whats wheres and whys.

Oh, just before I finish. There ARE a lot of Scottish folks that are exactly like you say. They are eating into the hype and the media too though, don't tar a nation.... I don't :)

Couldn't care less bud, honestly. I didn't say that I supported England in everything else that they do, I just don't have any problems with their publicity, support and general fun/enjoyment when it comes to everything else.

In football England are the bain of the earth. It is nothing to do with the country as a Nation, or with the football team itself. It is the overhyped media fueling the small percent of idiots on holiday with their ridiculous chants EVERYWHERE they go.

Have a look at every advert on the television at the moment. The advertisers are just doing what sells, and the nation laps it up like a puppy and gets belief that if it is on TV then it's going to happen.

Conceited? Don't get me started. Did you see the Britain's got Talent final? The interim act was the England World Cup song FFS. It's about Britain, not England.

Right, can we just agree to disagree? This thread was generally for the world cup banter during the games. Not a slagging match over whos whats wheres and whys.

Oh, just before I finish. There ARE a lot of Scottish folks that are exactly like you say. They are eating into the hype and the media too though, don't tar a nation.... I don't :)

Nuff said come on the Brit's i say:thumbs: