The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

I did go in twice FFS..!!

Got my change of clothes on now. Need to get them wet again if all goes well.....:)

The linesman sould be peeled with a hot spoon for that fook up..!!:blink:

H.

That's what I meant, you SHOULD have gone in twice. You were making out you were conned, you weren't... they scored :p

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think it has anything to do with the way Germany are playing? Their passing up front is first notch, the movement is fantastic.

Some of you "supporters" need to start watching more footy ;)

England can't get out of their own half for fear of getting torn apart by the German forwards. Even when the German keeper is kicking the ball England are sitting miles back. The 4th goal shows what happens if they don't. England are depending on the speed and passing quality of their forwards, it just isn't happening for them at the moment. Rooney, again, is pretty anonymous.

look scott i aint going to get in a keyboard war with you. england have been dissappointing throughout the whole tournament. roonie hasnt been the footballer we all expected. plain and simple, england has been humiliated by germany today.

Although I may be biased (as a Spurs fan) and ill informed but I thought that Peter Crouch has a better goal scoring record than Wayne Rooney for England?

Why has Emile Heskey played over 200 minutes in the World Cup and Crouch less than 20??

You take off Jermain Defoe and bring on a guy who can't score in the Premiership nevermind on the world stage. I am sorry to say the the selection of Heskey and Upson has cost us the world cup. Lampard and Gerrard have been avarage at best and don't let me start on Rooney..:blink:

Capello has shown that he is inept at this level and I imagine he'll be gone before long. His player selection is diabolical.

Gutted..!!

H.

look scott i aint going to get in a keyboard war with you. england have been dissappointing throughout the whole tournament. roonie hasnt been the footballer we all expected. plain and simple, england has been humiliated by germany today.

Good call of judgement there bud, it's Rooney by the way ;)

Although I may be biased (as a Spurs fan) and ill informed but I thought that Peter Crouch has a better goal scoring record than Wayne Rooney for England?

Why has Emile Heskey played over 200 minutes in the World Cup and Crouch less than 20??

You take off Jermain Defoe and bring on a guy who can't score in the Premiership nevermind on the world stage. I am sorry to say the the selection of Heskey and Upson has cost us the world cup. Lampard and Gerrard have been avarage at best and don't let me start on Rooney..:blink:

Capello has shown that he is inept at this level and I imagine he'll be gone before long. His player selection is diabolical.

Gutted..!!

H.

Agreed, he hasn't cut the mustard. Can blame not having enough time in the role all he wants, he just hasn't put out the correct teams from the set off.

Can't blame the manager totally though, many of the players have been off tune. Whether that is down to dressing room bust ups or injury remains to be seen.

They are being completely played off the park in the 2nd half. They had 10-15 mins of drive after the first goal and it's just fell away from them. They will have given up now though.

What difference would ferdinand of made honestly? He is just another overated player.

The problem isnt just down to capello's shocking choices in strategy and starting lineup, it also lies with the lack of passion half of them overpaid twats on the field have.

what difference would ferdinand of made honestly? He is just another overated player.

The problem isnt just down to capello's shocking choices in strategy and starting lineup, it also lies with the lack of passion half of them overpaid $#@!s on the field have.

+1

What difference would ferdinand of made honestly? He is just another overated player.

The problem isnt just down to capello's shocking choices in strategy and starting lineup, it also lies with the lack of passion half of them overpaid twats on the field have.

If they were on 10k for turning up and playing, with a 100k bonus each, every time they score.

We would be winning right now :D

I am sorry to say the the selection of Heskey and Upson has cost us the world cup. Lampard and Gerrard have been avarage at best and don't let me start on Rooney..:blink:

I assume you mean progressing further in the world cup. There is no way you can realistically say ye would have won the world cup with displays like the first round and today. Shocking . They didn't deserve it. Players are vastly over-rated. I'm a liverpool fan and I'd include Gerrard in this.

A team for the future for the germans have destroyed england's supposed best chance in years of winning it.

Wasn't Wayne Rooney compared to Pele a couple of years ago ? Abedi Pele maybe...

England now have to return home , and the team and fans face reality , they have taken a sword to a gunfight!

The world has caught up and overtaken in football,shear levels of skill, fitness,pace , workrate, tactics,and teamwork , have left them wanting.

Watch those Japs ! Wait till Suzuki,and Yamaha join Honda:p

Exactly !! couldn't agree more !!

Really, saying they cant work out if Germany are any good or its England that are shite.

It's both.

Got to give the Germans credit for the performance but the over the line decision was always going to destroy the confidence of the players.

Football is a confidence game, one thing happens and the game is turned on it's arse.

I believe that at 2 - 2 we would have had a chance. We were cut apart as we chased a game we shouldn't had been chasing at the time.

Still, the manager must pay the price for poor team selection, no Crouch, no Joe Cole has cost us eventually. Jermain Defoe's goal has only papered over the cracks of what is an average team with poor management. Upson got his goal but he looks like he's dragging a fridge when he runs....FFS.!!

H.