The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Germany will be a tall order, as they have played much better than us in this tourney, Ghana looked like a good side and they managed to win that. As for the Argies now they are capable of awesome performances, but they have an achiles, their defence has a soft underbelly. If we keep improving & Heskey gets crocked anythings possible, Come on England.

Guest amy-v17

There were only really 7 real contenders to win this world cup and 2 of them have gone home, Germany will be a hard game for us but if we play to our potential we're capable of winning it. Its either going to be Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina or England that win this now. Having said that nobody would have predicted Italy finishing bottom of their group so anything is possible....

What a game. Brilliant, the only way Italy got back in there was cos Slovakia tired really quickly towards the end. I watched in the gym, good way to make time pass quicker lol.

Yet more cheating from 'professional' players, that incident in the net.

But out they go, bottom of the group.

There were only really 7 real contenders to win this world cup and 2 of them have gone home, Germany will be a hard game for us but if we play to our potential we're capable of winning it. Its either going to be Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina or England Holland that win this now. Having said that nobody would have predicted Italy finishing bottom of their group so anything is possible....

Sorted, England are never going to beat the top flight in that list. They will do very well to get past Germany, if they do they will be stopped in their tracks after that.

Hoping to win is completely different to holding them in the same regard as the other names in there. They have the names they just don't have the team spirit/gel/ness.

Not seen the game, watching the Holland game. Seems that Japan are absolutely all over them though.

They're just a relentless team with bags of energy that's why I backed em from the start as I believe with that sort of attitude you can beat anyone, and so far so good:d

Bit of a result for Japan that. Nice to see them doing it on their own with offensive play rather than refereeing decisions..

The Dutch cruised to victory, didn't really push the game like they could due to not needing to.

This World Cup is turning into a replay of WW2.

The French leave early, the Yanks come through at the last possible moment and we're left to fight the fu****g Germans. Now the Italians have done the WW2 thing and retired early as well.

Could be a good omen though - we may beat the Germans. ;)

This World Cup is turning into a replay of WW2.

The French leave early, the Yanks come through at the last possible moment and we're left to fight the fu****g Germans. Now the Italians have done the WW2 thing and retired early as well.

Could be a good omen though - we may beat the Germans. ;)

:D

The missus set her alarm for 3.30am and got up to watch the game. I stayed in bed until I heard the second cheer and then wandered into the front room blearly eyed to see her beaming, and 2-0 to Japan on the TV. Thought I was still dreaming ! Watched the rest of the first half then went back to bed. Good result for them.