World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, very patriotic of you.

Last nights performance stunk but i will still be cheering my country on

In fairness patriotism has nothing to do with thinking you are going to win everything. This seems to be the definition that most people use for patriotism when it comes to the world cup.

I agree if you enjoy football you should always back your country though; win, lose or draw. All it takes is one win to have you back on song :)

Joe Cole must start on wednesday surely. And Defoe and 2metre Peter should start up front. Rooney has to be carrying an injury.

I agree Rooney has some sort of problem as he has been awful, by his lofty standards, the fact Heskey has looked good in an England shirt shows how poor we are. He needs to change it at least Carrick can pass a ball, Dawson has passion & played his best season yet, Crouch by Default as i CANNOT see why Heskey even plays in the Prem, Defoe is always a handful.

James, A Cole, Johnson, Dawson, Terry, Cole, Carrick, Gerrard, Lennon, Crouch, Defoe.

or

James, A Cole, Johnson, Dawson, Terry, Cole, Carrick, Gerrard, Lampard, Crouch.

I actually favour Hart but Capitulateo, has already started James.

All IMHO.

Guest damo1

england played crap like a sunday league team

how they played in the 2 matches so far they dont deserve to be in the world cup. and i agree with that german who quoted us saying that we are going backward (kick the ball and rush)

we have being crap and i cant see us getting out of the group stages.

how slovainia played againts USA GOD HELP US!!!

So sad to see Cameroon out of the cup, they played really well against Denmark.....

dunno why but i really like cameroon, wanted them to win.. 3rd favourite

England (dunno why)

Brazil (sexy Football)

Cameroon (Just like watchin there style)

Come on Brazil...! lol

After last weeks win my town went mad blocked roads i had a buddy of mine hanging out of the window with a Brazil flag..! Cant wait till tomorrow..!

Ps.Will post pics soon..! especially of the brazilian girls..! lol

Cameroon Denmark was the most enjoyable game yet and Im also surprised Cameroon are out, Theyre a big team, fast and full of running, not short of talent. Holland didnt look that hot earlier. Seems all the 'big' teams are struggling to some extent so maybe theyres hope for England yet.

England are not a bad team, anyone can see that by the choice of players, they are all top class. It's the managers fault for failing to organise and motivate them properly. After a few weeks with a strict disciplinarian the players are fed up. Anyone can see the players are unhappy and no matter how hard they try on the pitch if the fun and freedom isn't there then there is little chance of playing well.

England are not a bad team, anyone can see that by the choice of players, they are all top class. It's the managers fault for failing to organise and motivate them properly. After a few weeks with a strict disciplinarian the players are fed up. Anyone can see the players are unhappy and no matter how hard they try on the pitch if the fun and freedom isn't there then there is little chance of playing well.

I would have thought that the colour of the shirt would be motivating enough........

Unless they don't play as a unit they stand no chance.

Paraguay are looking good......the finals are picking up.

Cameroon Denmark was the most enjoyable game yet and Im also surprised Cameroon are out, Theyre a big team, fast and full of running, not short of talent.

I didn't see the game myself but did the manager put Etoo up front this time? Because he didn't in the first as the manaher asked him to duplicate his Inter role which was madness when he's the best Cameroon player.

I didn't see the game myself but did the manager put Etoo up front this time? Because he didn't in the first as the manaher asked him to duplicate his Inter role which was madness when he's the best Cameroon player.

Yeah Etoo was up front and he scored :)

I always wondered why Dunga was called Dunga...

"Carlos Caetano Bledorn Verri (born October 31, 1963 in Ijuí, Rio Grande do Sul), commonly known as Dunga, is a Brazilian former football defensive midfielder, of Italian and German descent, and a World Champion for Brazil in the 1994 World Cup. He is now national coach of the Brazilian national team. Dunga's nickname is Portuguese for "Dopey", the smallest of the Seven Dwarfs (Dunga's uncle gave him this nickname when he believed that he would never grow to a tall stature)"

I was cheering on New Zealand and thought they did fantastically well. Italy started to get the finger out but it was too little too late and New Zealand managed to hang in there for a well earned point.

Brazil are looking a little bit more impresive. Still a bit shakey at the back though. Nice to see them with a semi decent goal keeper.