The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World Cup - The current match comments thread

Scott

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shambolic !

justed wasted 90mins of my life watching absolute s##te . 11 overpaid tossers , who earn each more than the whole Algerian team put together i xpect, can't even pass to each other, or control a dodgy ball, wot do they get paid for ?

has capello got any tactics ? Gerrard/lampard/barry are to similar , need someone creative in midfield , is there anyone ? i doubt it :(

if we do manage to qualify and come up against one of the South American teams we will get taught a lesson or two.

Mind you some top teams from Europe are playing shite at the moment, Germany, France, England

I know this will not make me any friends, but popularity has never bothered me before. Footballers, over paid,over hyped, over worshiped. Beautiful game my arse. Never watch football, l only watch the last half, as I heard on the radio that the other team were playing much better. What the hell makes these idiots worth £50,000 a week, we have our priorities all wrong. Shame the money in football could not be spend on medical research. If that were the case we would all now have some one we knew who would still be alive today.

:D A man after my own heart - EXCEPT I haven't watched ANY of the games at all. :p

Can't stand football at all - like you said, a complete waste of money.

I dont think its the players as much at the manager and his formation/tactics. Rooney was v.poor, i would have had him off at half time. I think others played poor but mainly the managers poor tactics...... thats my bit

I think that's making an excuse, Capello has worked well for every club he's been too, and in getting us to the World cup, sadly surprisingly like a lot of England managers beforehand is struggling to get this lot to play as a team, but you cant blame the manager for all the poor ball control and loss of possession we saw tonight, that's basics mate!

All Ive seen so far is how bad England were but not a word on Algeria's performance. Thats also very bad form.

Unless something drastic happens we're out in the group stages and old Capello's just signed a new contract.... Big fat pay off?

I was going to mention that I thought Algeria did well, Boughy especially, but I didn't want to appear anti-English ;)

Don't get me wrong, they were made to look better than they were by a poor performance from England but I thought they did really well. The confidence was certainly there with the touches and passes they kept playing, I was honestly shocked at some of the confidence in the Algerian play.

Glad I turned the TV over to Eurosport after an hour to see the Tour of Switzerland!

Just when was the last time England beat a quality team? (I'm asking because I genuinely can't remember) If they do get through the group stages and come up against one, they'll get mullered if they play like they have recently.

Im surrporting Algeria, not because im Scottish before anyone says anything, its because Bougerra plays for them(And Rangers) :D

Please someone score, 15mins left for a good ending. :D

I dont like bougherra and rangers even less,but I am scottish....I dont even care about the Scottish team either,but I recon they wouldve beaten the algerians :p

Rooneys comment didnt supprise me one bit.

If by some miracle we get through to the next round what will we do against a top quality team ?

Fair play to Algeria though as they looked like winning and at least they made lots of plays and lots more movement off the ball, England were almost stationary