The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - out tomorrow

Matt H

I'm a big Mario game fan, and his latest title is out tomorrow. It's been heralded as the best game on Wii (maybe not a huge accolade in some people eyes), but nevertheless, it’s going to be a big release and the critics have rated it very highly, mostly 10/10 scores.

I pre-ordered a copy, but I’ve got a feeling that, come tomorrow, there may be a price war that will see some places selling the game very cheaply.

I also reckon this may be the first Mario game since Mario 64 that will offer that ‘wow’ factor that you got from the first 3D outing.

Anyone else getting it? Or not enough violence to be entertaining? It's got magic mushrooms though!

I also reckon this may be the first Mario game since Mario 64 that will offer that ‘wow’ factor that you got from the first 3D outing.

I don't. I reckon it will be pretty much the same as Mario Galaxy 1, with some minor improvements.

Proper multiplayer support would be nice, it was kinda pointless in the first one.

I don't. I reckon it will be pretty much the same as Mario Galaxy 1, with some minor improvements.

Proper multiplayer support would be nice, it was kinda pointless in the first one.

That's the common theme running through the reviews, is that it's not simply a sequel, it's a redesign of the idea. The second one doesn't follow on from the first, it's like it didn't happen.

I understand where you're coming from, sequels are usually just an excuse of exploiting some extra pennies from an original idea. 3 months ago I would have said the same thing, but the way critics are making such a point of this I'm rather excited about it.

Multiplayer has never been great in mario games. Altough it did work alright on New Bros Wii. I do like the idea of what the mutliplayer aims to do. As it lets the game run faster with one person look for all the stat bites and the other getting on with the platforming. Never did try it to be honest, and I'd only imagine there would be a desire to control mario rather than collecting the sta bites.

Forgot about this, and loved Mario Galaxy when it came out. Still haven't completed it yet - only got 1 level to do but it's luigis purple coins and I can't for the life of me do that level!!!!

There's an additional level that you get when you complete the game all over with Luigi. Never bothered myself, but it's the village centre from the opening sequence.

Yeah Amazon. Paid £31.91 but I did pay an extra £5.96 for guaranteed next day delivery. Had it on order since Jan 29th:d

I ordered at HMV. £40, only thing is, I've booked tomorrow off work and won't be in town to collect it! My mates picking it up for me, he will also have to fork out the other £30 on my behalf! :D

Same here

You're both poo!

Forgot about this, and loved Mario Galaxy when it came out. Still haven't completed it yet - only got 1 level to do but it's luigis purple coins and I can't for the life of me do that level!!!!

Plenty of jump spins did it for me... Im going to be sad and go to Asda at 12 for the release of it, might get my son out of bed to come with me so I don't look like a weirdo lol

Plenty of jump spins did it for me... Im going to be sad and go to Asda at 12 for the release of it, might get my son out of bed to come with me so I don't look like a weirdo lol

:rlol: getting you son to come is the only way that you could get away with it! :D

My lovely wife bought the limited edition version for my birthday today :)

Played a few levels and it's bloody great, the inclusion of yoshi really works well.

So BIG :thumbs: up from me.

p.s

Got to get the mrs off the wii fit so I can have another go :sly: as tv is rubbish tonight. (unless you love big brother :rolleyes: )

• 4 weeks later...

I've had it for a while now, and I've got 110 of the stars in the game. I've got a feeling there's 121 (standard sort of thing).

It's a cracking game, really enjoyable. They've also remade one of the levels from Super Mario 64. That really brought back memories. I then got to thinkin that they should have remade them all as a bonus world, but that's not to be I don't think.

9/10