The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Px My aero for a TT or cash offers

The Raven

As above not really sure what to do now as i have got to an im pass with the car. I cant afford to put a TT lump in which IMO would "make" the car.

So i guess im doing one of those "test the water" efforts. To see what the cars worth in its current state.

Project thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=182390&highlight=aero+top

It wouldnt be ready for a month to allow me to finish the boot build and sort out the roof, as most know the roofs on these bubble a bit.

Engine wise Its showing 160k miles however i have no idea when this changed over from KM to miles. Having found a camblet sticker on the cover saying the cambelt was changed at 100k km i would guess at around 110km

I have changed the plugs about 2000 miles ago and oil change in the last 2 weeks. Other than that the N/A engine is untouched by me. I never overly bothered about it as i always planned on the TT swap.

I will let the pictures in the project thread do the talking.

With all those holes in it I don't think you would get much for it.

I refer you to SPEED HOLES

Holes you put in the hood of your car with a pickaxe to make it go faster. These holes may also be installed via sniper fire.

Ned: Whatcha diddely-doin', neighbor?

Homer: Aw, putting speed holes in my car. Makes it go faster.

Ned: Is that so? Well, gee, maybe the old Flanders-mobile could use some

Makes more sense now.

How much does a TT converstion cost. Would you not rather wait.

Been quoted around £2400 supply and fit. As and when the trader gets one in, however they are becoming harder to find. I thought i could get a 2.5 TT lump from a soarer into it. However i was told there is no way to make it work with the supra auto. Thus i would need a w58 kit then the engine then fitting which again pushed the price up.

I could wait i suppose but we would be talking years before i could do it. Its possible i might even pull away from supras altogether. However i fear they are in the blood, i am looking at an evo 5 shortly.

If i could get around stock TT power i would keep it. There is just something wrong with owning a car that looks as good as it does that goes slower than a saxo.

Much cheaper than selling your supra and buying a TT and doing all the body work over again.

Probably, i guess i was still hanging on to the supra idea. The way i feel now i would sell it and move on to something else.

However i have seen TTs nice ones at that for 5k. So unless mine is worth less than 3k It would work.

Body mods are cheapish. And can be done bit by bit.

wake yourself up mate!! you cant sell it you have done some nice work on it. take some of that carbon wrap off as its gone funny in places and keep your ears open for a tt conversion or tt writeoff.

im fed up chasing everyone for the tt conversion nothing seems to be about, plus im in the proceeds of going single on the na... just getting quotes together.

just hold fire mate and dont lose the love

wake yourself up mate!! you cant sell it you have done some nice work on it. take some of that carbon wrap off as its gone funny in places and keep your ears open for a tt conversion or tt writeoff.

im fed up chasing everyone for the tt conversion nothing seems to be about, plus im in the proceeds of going single on the na... just getting quotes together.

just hold fire mate and dont lose the love

Out of wondering, those NA T quotes, i would guess they are coming in well over the TT quote i had?