am i going mad....

Guest damo1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With regard to the apparition at your bed

This is a very common occurrence. Mrs T. had one a few years back. She said she could see a demon in the room. She showed absolutely no signs of being asleep - she was talking, moving, eyes open, everything. She was absolutely terrified. Needless to say, there wasn't anything there.

These sorts of visions are caused by being in weird, unusual sleep states. The gap between being awake and being asleep is sometimes blurred. If you wake someone up from stage 1 sleep, about 50% of the time, they will tell you that they were actually awake. But we know from brain wave patterns that they were actually asleep.

Sleep researchers can spot the patterns of brain waves associated with these sorts of experiences - that's one reason how we know that they aren't real, even though they really feel like they are.

Spot on. Had a couple of these myself over the years.

One time I woke up and was convinced that there was a live gremlin on the bedside table. I was totally convinced that was what it was (even after turning the light on!) until I "fully" woke up about 10 seconds later.

Had another one where the shape of a jacket hung on a chair looked vaguely like the silhoutte of the missus. Again - I was sure it was her for a few seconds and even asked "her" why she was standing in the middle of the room before I woke up properly about 10 seconds later, again.

This thread is golden :rlol:

I genuinely laughed out loud at some of the comments :D

I can't believe you lot let this one slip though.....

ive also seen a small boy again at the end of my bed.

Careful mate, you'll end up on a register for that sort of thing. :innocent:

On a serious note, I'd love to contribute something constructive to this thread.......but I'm still laughing too much :D

dude i dont smoke, drink or do drugs, and im petrefied to go to bed now..... ive always felt not alone in my home like there was something else there with me, but now im fooking shitting it!!!!

start praying bud, i believe you, i now a few close people that have definitely seen things. i have myself a while back but dont really wana talk about it.

and its something Science could never explain

If that happened, he'd then be a Jehovis witness...

LMAO, now that was funny!

Ok ill be honest, i believe in all this kind of stuff, but it scares me shitless.

To Damo - one way to see if the apparitions are persistent, and to see where they are linked to - is to stay round your mums house for a night or week whatever the case may be. if it appears again while you are at your mums, then the "spirit" it is somehow coming to you or following for some reason....if you see nothing at your mums place, go back to yours.

Now if the apparition makes itself known to you again and you are at your place....your house is haunted! get the Fook out!

I believe theres always a reason for things...but as other people have said it is also very easy to link events/visions together.

I personally believe that ghosts are either here either to relay a message, or to make your life hell (demon/exorcist type), maybe even stuck in "Limbo" waiting for something to be fulfilled...But again - nobody has anything to back any of this up.

I also believe in the whole 3rd eye/aura thing...some people are more inclined to see these kinds of things, im just glad its not me!

But as EvinX said, best of luck with it and be safe :)

I was downstairs this morning, just about leaving for work at the ghastly time of 7am, when I heard an odd mechanical noise. I thought it might be the new neighbours doing some more DIY, but when it persisted I wandered back to the stairs and realised the noise was a) coming from upstairs and b) sounded like my printer. Shame the computer was off :)

It was the noise it makes loading and then feeding a whole page of paper through it, and it kept happening. I went upstairs, thinking "that's odd" and cursing my imagination and every goddamn horror movie I've seen, and of course, of course, the noise stops the moment I look in the study.

Computer still off, printer sat in standby mode looking innocent. I cycle it's power and go to work, thinking it's either some electronic glitch or the biggest possesion fail I've ever heard of. I'm wondering if I'll go back to a house filled with slime or something, that'd be a laugh.

Thing is, while this sort of stuff freaks you out at the time, in the cold light of day there is no proof over hundreds of years and billions of observers that anything paranormal has ever happened. So logically I doubt my Brother printer is gonna be ground zero for the afterworld popping back to have a word.