The mkiv Supra Owners Club

am i going mad....

Guest damo1

i was told 6years ago that i would start seeing stuff and hearing strange things in my life and i chose not to except it and only last year AGAIN was told the same thing by a completly different person mow i fooking beleive what they said to me

Perhaps it was your English teacher, saying you would start seeing a dictionary? Maybe she is haunting you now!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I offer two options.

1) You were dreaming a very vivid dream and were unable to tell the difference between that and reality. That sort of thing happens now and again.

2)If you ARE seeing things, then you are having or have had some sort of psychotic event. In all seriousness you should seek medical help with that.

Note, there is no option that involves the spirits of the dead visiting you in the night. That is just superstition or religious nonsense.

Edited to say. You may find you have difficulty accepting these realities, because to do so undermines the very thing you have chosen to believe in. Good luck with that.

I offer two options.

1) You were dreaming a very vivid dream and were unable to tell the difference between that and reality. That sort of thing happens now and again.

2)If you ARE seeing things, then you are having or have had some sort of psychotic event. In all seriousness you should seek medical help with that.

Note, there is no option that involves the spirits of the dead visiting you in the night. That is just superstition or religious nonsense.

Yea but didnt you read the bit about him finding out who this person was later on? thats just puts all of what you said aside.

Yea but didnt you read the bit about him finding out who this person was later on? thats just puts all of what you said aside.

Nonsense. He "sees" a person in the dead of night and freaks out, then nearly 2 weeks later someone shows him an old photo with conveniently attached story, and he is convinced it is the same person? Would that stand up in a court of law?

I got turned over once when I was a student, in a streetlit area of town, and 2 hours later, I couldn't positively identify the man who I had come face to face with.

See this is where the spirit world makes the man made world the smallest thing ever, you cant prove it, you can only ever know/see and beileve it, the guy said his head was tilted...forget court, how are you going to take a spirit to court? going smarty explain that one.

The real danger here is that all the while people are dressing up this issue with mumbo-jumbo and superstition, he has had two separate hallucination events, and therefore should seek help in case it develops into a real mental illness.

The real danger here is that all the while people are dressing up this issue with mumbo-jumbo and superstition, he has had two separate hallucination events, and therefore should seek help in case it develops into a real mental illness.

It could lead to that, and it has. You get attacked by this thing, its goes and leaves you to put the peices together while full of fear...what do ya think the outcome will be...

Damo, please take Rob's advise. See a doctor.

If you can, get yourself over to your mother's place (you said earlier that you visited there so I guess it is not far away). Sleep over there for a night or two. Discuss it with her. Hopefully she is not going to fill your head with nonsense.

Have you been under any heavy stress lately? Sleeping normally?

I KNOW WAT I FOOKING SAW AND IT WASNT GHOSTBUSTER WOMEN!!!!!

i understand people on here just want to rip other members a new arsehole on topics like this but it takes alot to get me Damien sharpe scared and im fooking bricking it...

i was told 6years ago that i would start seeing stuff and hearing strange things in my life and i chose not to except it and only last year AGAIN was told the same thing by a completly different person mow i fooking beleive what they said to me

when i saw this women i physically felt that i was in harm that it just wasnt a manifestation thats why i ran out of the kitchen in to the garden shaken up to hell

but thanks for the help and advice...

I was told a few years ago that I would be subjected to horrific bouts of grammar and spelling. It seems to have manifested too...

:D

Damo, please take Rob's advise. See a doctor.

If you can, get yourself over to your mother's place (you said earlier that you visited there so I guess it is not far away). Sleep over there for a night or two. Discuss it with her. Hopefully she is not going to fill your head with nonsense.

Have you been under any heavy stress lately? Sleeping normally?

Explaning that to a doc will put you in a mental home - its not right when your normal and this happens

Going to your mums might, MIGHT make it worse for you, just keep going and see what happens, usually if you dont mess with it, youll be fine. If it gets worse, which it has, make that move.

See this is where the spirit world makes the man made world the smallest thing ever, you cant prove it, you can only ever know/see and beileve it, the guy said his head was tilted...forget court, how are you going to take a spirit to court? going smarty explain that one.

Honestly!

The court thing is an example of how ludicrous this is. Say you woke up in the dark and found a burglar in your room, he legs it. Two weeks later the police show you one photograph and tell you that this man is known as a housethief and operates in your area. Chances are you are going to say "That was him!"

Now put that testimony in a court and watch it get demolished by the defense.

you can only ever know/see and beileve it

Therein lies the problem. Everything we experience is through our senses, through electrical pulses created or translated by the brain. If the brain "goes wrong" and makes us "see" something, its very hard to recognise that detached "reality" for what it is, just like if a pilot relies on his instruments and they have a fault and start telling him something different, he can end up in a very sticky situation.

I don't have to prove anything, I have the last 500 years of science behind me and none of that says there is a "spirit world."

Honestly!

The court thing is an example of how ludicrous this is. Say you woke up in the dark and found a burglar in your room, he legs it. Two weeks later the police show you one photograph and tell you that this man is known as a housethief and operates in your area. Chances are you are going to say "That was him!"

Therein lies the problem. Everything we experience is through our senses, through electrical pulses created or translated by the brain. If the brain "goes wrong" and makes us "see" something, its very hard to recognise that detached "reality" for what it is, just like if a pilot relies on his instruments and they have a fault and start telling him something different, he can end up in a very sticky situation.

I don't have to prove anything, I have the last 500 years of science behind me and none of that says there is a "spirit world."

:yeahthat:This man speaks sense.

Honestly!

Fair enough. I see your point, but to me in this situation its not vaild. There are things in this world science is yet to prove;) FACT. That court one, to me is a load of crappy crap. He saw a man with his HEAD TILTED, ok what the hell, back to sleep. Few days later, his UNCLE (family) cut down a dead body which was hanged. SUICIDE.

Check it

These things are usually family related, distant or close

Suicide, most spirits are here becuase they are not at rest, died in a horiffic way.

Forget court and science. Use your common sence to figure this out.

Dont know why im even trying at this time of the night, nobody besides damo really cares...goodnight, lets see what you all come up with by the morning.

Can i ask where you got all your information of the "spirit world" from, because you seem to be well informed on how to deal with it.

He saw a man with his HEAD TILTED, ok what the hell, back to sleep. Few days later, his UNCLE (family) cut down a dead body which was hanged. SUICIDE.

So what your saying is Damo can actually see whats going to happen in the future?

Explaning that to a doc will put you in a mental home - its not right when your normal and this happens

Who says he is "right"?

Going to your mums might, MIGHT make it worse for you, just keep going and see what happens, usually if you dont mess with it, youll be fine. If it gets worse, which it has, make that move.

This does not make any sense.

Firstly you say, don't go.

Then you say, If it gets worse, "make that move".

Then you say it has already got worse.

So should he stay or should he go?

Anyhow it's 3am here and I'm off to bed. Hope there are no things that go bump in the night waiting for me. Except maybe the Mrs.

When I was younger I believed in the Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny, Ghosts & Leprecons.

As I got older I learned the truth and also found out the reasons for being told these magnificent fictitious people existed.

It's amazing that some of these tales told to us as kids still stand the test of time in adults. I've read that the lower the IQ the more dependance there is in such beliefs.

*whistles* doooo doooo dooooo doooo dooooo doooo.

Fair enough. I see your point, but to me in this situation its not vaild. There are things in this world science is yet to prove;) FACT. That court one, to me is a load of crappy crap. He saw a man with his HEAD TILTED, ok what the hell, back to sleep. Few days later, his UNCLE (family) cut down a dead body which was hanged. SUICIDE.

Check it

These things are usually family related, distant or close

Suicide, most spirits are here becuase they are not at rest, died in a horiffic way.

Forget court and science. Use your common sence to figure this out.

Dont know why im even trying at this time of the night, nobody besides damo really cares...goodnight, lets see what you all come up with by the morning.

Someone watches alot of crappy telly :p

Someone watches alot of crappy telly :p

Think what you want, but i know whats what. These things usually go on abroad in religious countries, ive been told places like the usa and uk still have these things to come and become more common. I was freaked out when i was told that, but it seems to be true.:taped:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

possible causes,

Sleeping in a face upwards or supine position (first times yes, now, no, get it in any position, sometimes i even wake up with my face in the pillow gasing for air:S)

Irregular sleeping schedules; naps, sleeping in, sleep deprivation (no, happens during normal sleep)

Increased stress (few years ago, maybe, now, no)

Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes (few years ago, yes, now, no)

A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode (dont think so)

Excessive consumption of alcohol coupled with lack of adequate sleep (ive gone to sleep p*ssed many times, and its not happened)

Dude this one just messed me up

Many perceptions associated with sleep paralysis (visceral buzzing, loud sounds, adrenal mental state, presences, and the paralysis itself) also constitute a common phase in the early progression of episodes referred to as out of body experiences.[15][16] Mental focus varies between the two conditions; paralysis sufferers tend to fixate on reestablishing operation of the body, whereas subjects of out-of-body episodes are more occupied by perceived non-equivalence with the body.

Early stages of out of body episodes...my god. All i can say is, bring it:(

Yea, but the link im looking for is a specific form of sleep paralysis which is very intense to say the least. Quite scary to be honest and all manifests from your brain.

EDIT: Wouldn't particularly want to be in your shoes if that were to happen:taped: