The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oil!!!

Guest damo1

Don't forget the "empty" wells are constantly filling up again. The natural process doesn't stop. Research into the levels coming up again was kept quiet but it did slip out a few years ago that scientists etc were surprised how fast the wells were replenishing.

Not saying we wouldn't use it up faster than it could fill up but....

As Ian says though, where would we be without plastic? :(

There is no such thing as an empty well, just hydrocarbons we cant get to with todays technology ;)

I thought the bigger problem wasn't the level of oil, nor the required amount of energy to attain the oil, but more the fact that we can't get at the stuff quick enough to supply demand.

I saw on Newsnight just last night I think it was (or maybe the night before) that this year is when the oil worriers (those who think we'll run out) start to think the demand will start to increase above supply. The oil companies apparently agree, but not to the extent that the worriers believe will be the case.

So really, within our lifetime, as there will still be oil, but supply will oustrip our capacity to get at the stuff, we should invest heavily into oil companies as they'll be even more in demand.

Haha, ok, it would be dry...but humans would of had to work harder, making them better people basically, oil has made things to easy for us. Cant wait until it runs out, mental break downs everywhere HA!

Are you having a laugh mate?

It'll be a disaster when it happens if we've not found other suitable means of power.

Are you having a laugh mate?

It'll be a disaster when it happens if we've not found other suitable means of power.

And you have proved my point, you obviously are scared hehe. If you look at people now, compared to 10 years ago, people get worse and worse as life gets easier and easier, and oil has made life easy. Yes im having a laugh, a big one lool

I thought the bigger problem wasn't the level of oil, nor the required amount of energy to attain the oil, but more the fact that we can't get at the stuff quick enough to supply demand.

I saw on Newsnight just last night I think it was (or maybe the night before) that this year is when the oil worriers (those who think we'll run out) start to think the demand will start to increase above supply. The oil companies apparently agree, but not to the extent that the worriers believe will be the case.

So really, within our lifetime, as there will still be oil, but supply will oustrip our capacity to get at the stuff, we should invest heavily into oil companies as they'll be even more in demand.

The thing is we've got most of the easy oil/gas.

Old wells are being re-completed with newer technology for producing extra from the wel.

And you have proved my point, you obviously are scared hehe. If you look at people now, compared to 10 years ago, people get worse and worse as life gets easier and easier, and oil has made life easy. Yes im having a laugh, a big one lool

Yea i'll be out of a job :p

As I've said before we're devolving anyway as a species due to science and human rights crap, survival of the fittest and natural selection based on environment which results in selecting the strongest genes to pass on is no longer the basis for humans creating offspring.

The future of us will be based on genetic engineering to clear up inherent issues that we've bred into ourselves, if technology is run by a majority of natural fuel sources then we will quickly become a very weak race and be killed off by superbugs that we've created and other creatures that have evolved around us.

With our continued reliance on fossil fuels, the economic pit of doom that most of the western world is digging itself into, and the ever-increasing global population, I am of the increasing opinion that something truly cataclysmic has to happen within the next 50 years.

Maybe it'll be a scientific brekathrough (nuclear fusion?)

Maybe it'll be a US/China war (US will NEVER afford to pay back their $1trillion debt)

Maybe it'll be the collapse of various currencies - USD, GBP, EUR, YEN, etc. (the concept of "money" is looking ever more fragile)

Something's got to break...... soon.

With our continued reliance on fossil fuels, the economic pit of doom that most of the western world is digging itself into, and the ever-increasing global population, I am of the increasing opinion that something truly cataclysmic has to happen within the next 50 years.

Maybe it'll be a scientific brekathrough (nuclear fusion?)

Maybe it'll be a US/China war (US will NEVER afford to pay back their $1trillion debt)

Maybe it'll be the collapse of various currencies - USD, GBP, EUR, YEN, etc. (the concept of "money" is looking ever more fragile)

Something's got to break...... soon.

US debt is between 15 and 30 trillion dollars

Money is fine as long as its relative to something rather than just a notional number thing and not made exponential by the application of interest%

Moving from the gold standard by the Americans, to fund the Vietnam war, started the problem with notional money , The French didnt like the idea but were out voted !!

For sure there are problems but were pretty good at fixing those in the end

Hemp can do pretty much everything oil can do and more they just don't tell you that. Now I wonder why hemp is illegal ;) in world war 2 Hemp was the future of america because you could do so much with it and oil was hard to get hold of. War ends and the oil company's get it illegal again. Hemp is the future but we're not aloud to talk about it while the oil company's have so much say.