The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-tt supra £2800

TT Paul

no none taken mate, its just one of those things as i literally was about to confirm to him, and the dibbs was sort of a reserve for 5 mins lol then its gone... i do agree dibbs means nothing just disappointed i never got myself a bargain and finally got my hands on the tt.

Why don't you put yours on the market mate and look for a TT.

no none taken mate, its just one of those things as i literally was about to confirm to him, and the dibbs was sort of a reserve for 5 mins lol then its gone... i do agree dibbs means nothing just disappointed i never got myself a bargain and finally got my hands on the tt.

here mate try this fella i had him on £2000 a few weeks ago if he still has it i reckon you can have his back doors off..might be a cat c but good for what you need it..

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1743672.htm

That has to be one of the worse kept Supras I have every seen, would not touch it with a barge pole :taped:

But surely that is why it could be got for 2K? Ok front of the car is a messy and the engine bay is neglected, but it still has to be worth it even to break. Always plenty of bods on here want to buy TT running gear for conversions. I always quite like a neglected engine bay when it comes to buying an unknown motor as it is often an indication of what work has been done in the past (or not) on the engine. Just my opinion.

But surely that is why it could be got for 2K? Ok front of the car is a messy and the engine bay is neglected, but it still has to be worth it even to break. Always plenty of bods on here want to buy TT running gear for conversions. I always quite like a neglected engine bay when it comes to buying an unknown motor as it is often an indication of what work has been done in the past (or not) on the engine. Just my opinion.

It says 4K in the add, If the member on here negotiated it down to 2K why did he then not buy it?

Still would not touch it at 2K TBH, it looks knackered and neglected and stripping it you have to consider the time and effort

Would you buy that TT lump and drop it into your pride and joy

It says 4K in the add, If the member on here negotiated it down to 2K why did he then not buy it?

Still would not touch it at 2K TBH, it looks knackered and neglected and stripping it you have to consider the time and effort

As it looks now no. But, if it passed a compression test, sniff test, oil pressure good and no smoke, boosts up ok and had good clean, 90% of the NA owners on here looking for a TT engine would probably be happy to take a chance and use it as a transplant. If, and I accept it's if, the car can be got for £2k then someone like Keron or Jez would make a few quid on it I am sure.

Sorry am i the only one worried about the light on the dash being on? The fact the guy has no idea why? only that the car went faster after someone did something to it?

As many of you know i love a cheap car but i wouldnt touch that with a ten foot pole. Unless as shane said you could carry out all those tests on it.

i really dont think you can sit on your computer mate and tell if an engine is neglected or knackered...i personally would much rather buy an engine thats not been gunked 10 mins before you turn up to see it as with the 'neglected' looking engines you can tell if there have been oil leaks and the owner is not trying to hide stuff, of course that is my personal opinion etc.

as it looks now no. But, if it passed a compression test, sniff test, oil pressure good and no smoke, boosts up ok and had good clean, 90% of the na owners on here looking for a tt engine would probably be happy to take a chance and use it as a transplant. If, and i accept it's if, the car can be got for £2k then someone like keron or jez would make a few quid on it i am sure.

+1

:

I've emailed the seller with a few questions so we'll see what reply i get back.

I might just make a silly offer dependant on his responce

:D you might be waiting a long time mate... from what he sounded i dont think he will know how to turn a computer on let alone reply to an email..

Sorry am i the only one worried about the light on the dash being on? The fact the guy has no idea why? only that the car went faster after someone did something to it?

As many of you know i love a cheap car but i wouldnt touch that with a ten foot pole. Unless as shane said you could carry out all those tests on it.

It could be the oil light because there is no oil pressure whatsoever or it could be as insignificant as a fog light tell tale indicator because the switch has been wired one of his mates who is an expert at such stuff. That's why you would have to do a few checks first, either talking to the guy or looking at the car. But to dismiss it as crap because an unknown light is on imo would be a decision without any foundation. If I didnt have 2 supras, a van, a punto and a del sol parked outside my house at the moment I would probably be calling the guy, as I would have snapped up the blue one yesterday for 2800. Purely because at those sort of prices I cant see how you can come unstuck financially with TTs. Anyhow, think we are wandering off topic now.;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.