The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamesy's Billet 6765H Single Conversion ...!

Jamesy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill bear that in mind mate ;) i woud love to have a high powered auto, manuals dont do it for me no more

Tell u what mate now ive woprked out the lock up switch on the boostlogic box i love it....really has changed the car!!

The BL box shifts so hard and fast it blows me away every time ... Dude always said it'd make a big difference but i didnt realise just how much :)

OK. Just wanted to see if my 850cc were fine for 700+bhp (they are at 79% at 1.5 bar so far).

Cheers

Luc

im sure they would be mate, got at least 21% to play with before there maxed out. Im sure Ryan will be able to confirm though.

yeah i have heard its a brilliant box mate, and it proves it can handle a fair ammount of power, your bhp is way higher than i would ever want so this box would be ideal

Yeah in that case the boostlogic box would be great for you. Its a massive difference over the stock TT autobox.

If i go with anymore power id prob have to get the TH400 box but i dont know how good they are for street driving, however they will hold silly power :cool:

James: I have had both the boostlogic built auto and the SP 4L80E. The BL built auto is a brilliant piece of gear, but unfortunately, has no guarantee as to how long it will last at higher power levels. The TH400 is a STRONG box, but as it is a 3 speed, can be a bit cumbersome with the wider gearing.

The 4L80E is a BRILLIANT box, heavy, but can take almost anything you can throw at it, has a large range of aftermarket gear ratios and IMO, when controlled by a proper computer (I was lucky enough to have a Toyota Transmission engineer working along with Larry @ SP on mine), shifts just as smoothly as stock when cruising, and at the meat of the powerband when flooring it.