The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iPhone 4

caseys

LOL what a load of rubbish... they try and sell you something to resolve a design fault with their phone. If that's true then I'm astounded, I can't believe people that love Apple products just seem to bend over and take whatever Apple give them and still rave about it.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed?

Anticlimax?

Im not disappointed in the handset and the signal drop thing is certainly true but I haven't noticed it unless I try to make it drop. I have noticed the signal to be better than my 3G and the phone is noticeably quicker especially WIFI surfing which is really quick compared to my previous 3G.

The HD video recording and still camera is top quality and is good enough for when I don't have my SLR to hand.

Is this being rolled out across the country?

Mike

Heard about this via hotdeals. People all over the UK are getting them when they speak to managers of stores about the signal dropping issue.

I'd say next week Apple will release a statement/bumper program.

Do these take a while to activate? got my new iphone 4 today, put my new little sim in and sync'd it, still no service, switched on my old iphone with the old sim and that one is still working?

I think you'll need to phone up & activate your new sim card

If your with O2 you can register is online at o2.co.uk

Or im sure which ever network your on you can do it online.

I cant see anything on the o2 webiste about activating a new sim

it took mine 24hrs for it to switch over.

Did you have to do anything? or was it automatically done?

Did you have to do anything? or was it automatically done?

did you get yours through the post or anything? because i went in to the 02 shop the day it was released to get the phone, the o2 shop i think transferred my contract to the new sim (with the new tarrif) i personally didn't do anything except put the sim in the side and plug it into itunes afte i left the store. then 24hrs later my 3G signal went off and the iphone4 signal appeared.

Just give O2 a call, either they haven't changed the HLR on your old sim to the Micro-Sim or if they have it can take up to 24 hours to activate. But once you lose signal in your old iphone/sim card, the new one should be activated within 5-10 minutes. Will just require a reboot if the iPhone4 is switched on.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to finally hear Apples view on this. Apparently only .55% of people have complained about the antenna issue, all smart phones do it and there going to try and fix the problem that isn't a problem:blink:

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/100716iab73asc/event/index.html

Does anyone have a phone that was used in the video to compare signal drop against the iphone 4? Is it really that common amongst smart phones to have such a dramatic lose of signal when held (in a reasonable way of course)?

Apparently only .55% of people have complained about the antenna issue,

Only 0.55% of calls to Apple Care related to antenna issue.

That doesn't count the ones that went back to the retail outlet or just didn't bother because they'd read about the issues online and knew there wasn't a fix yet.

It won't stop me buying mine.