The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iPhone 4

caseys

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much, much more about the dropped calls/antenna issue here:

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-you-hold-it-by-the-antenna-band

Seems like the solution is to buy the bumper that was rather oddly (at the time) tacked on to the end of the iphone 4 announcement speech a few weeks back. Smacks of Apple knowing there was a fault and not wanting to fix it properly.

i went to the o2 store after my work and still had to que for about 30 minutes, they must have got hundreds in as there was a que since 7am ish.. they had about 10 phone left after i got mine..

i can't confirm the antena thing (altho i knew about this at work today but supposing it is being said that the same thing is happening on 3g and 3gs iphones after the 4.0 upgrade... which really doesn't make sense to me..) as my o2 contract hasn't switched over from my 3G yet, they said it can take upto 24hrs.

atm though, i am very impressed my the phone. :)

Much, much more about the dropped calls/antenna issue here:

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-you-hold-it-by-the-antenna-band

Seems like the solution is to buy the bumper that was rather oddly (at the time) tacked on to the end of the iphone 4 announcement speech a few weeks back. Smacks of Apple knowing there was a fault and not wanting to fix it properly.

How can apple leave blatant faults like that in their phones. Ridiculous.

Can anyone beat my queueing story with better numbers or excitement aspects?

I queued from 06:30 am and when I got to the counter i asked for my bread ration.

The guy at the counter looked confused and said "We don't sell bread. This is a mobile phone shop".

I said "I am sorry. I thought you were Yevgeny the baker and this was 18th century Moscow" and left.

Ah, a marvellous tale. You win.

One thing I have noticed that the reception is much worse than my original iPhone. Yesterday I had the situation that the iphone4 had no reception and the iphone had 4 bars. I'm reserving judgement at the moment, but it takes the edge off somewhat.

Mike

One thing I have noticed that the reception is much worse than my original iPhone. Yesterday I had the situation that the iphone4 had no reception and the iphone had 4 bars. I'm reserving judgement at the moment, but it takes the edge off somewhat.

Mike

You're holding it wrong.

Iphone 4 bloody humbug!!!!

Preordered and paid for an O2 Iphone 32g from Carphonewarehouse on tuesday with delivery promised on thursday.. Took day off... No Phone!.... Called them and they said sorry... WTF!!!... Told me ide get it today....Today has come and gone.. No Phone... Called them and they said sorry youll get it tomorrow... Not gonna hold my breath.. Fucking wankers...

No compensation for loss of days pay, No sweetners to keep me happy, just sorry... Tossers!

I don't get the reception issue but twice in two days I have come to find it suddenly says "no sim card installed" and have to powercycle it to get it back.

Hope it's not a handset fault as bought sim free and the nearest apple store? 30 miles away. Hmmm

On the left side of the phone towards the bottom, there is a gap in the metal (antennas).

If your hand bridges this gap, it takes about 10-20 seconds but you will notice the signal bars start to go down. I managed to repeat this on a colleagues phone a few times today.

But don't worry, Apple will be selling a rubber band, sorry 'bumper' for £25 that will cover the antenna and so this won't be an issue.

Saying all that, my 32GB 3GS is 6 months old, her 16GB 3GS is 2 months old and I will be looking to replace both phones with the iPhone 4 within a couple of months.