The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iPhone 4

caseys

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the same price as current 3GS is i was sure they'd put price bit higher then that?

Where are you getting prices from mate, just checked Orange site...unless im going blind! (mean't screen shot)

Shot's been taken down now :( was up briefly earlier

Ah £30 more than launch prices I thought? Or are you looking at the 24 month contract prices there?

Any ideas how much they will be offline? im hearing varying stories....

Again rumours of £30 more than PAYG 3GS prices - so £579 for a 32Gb (+£10 topup crap)

Better details here:

http://mobile.engadget.com/2010/06/14/vodafone-uk-details-iphone-4-plans-a-little-early-we-keep-the-s/

The data is better than O2...might be worth switching as they have 7.2mb 3G on Voda....

Those prices look wrong - I can't believe any network is going to offer the same prices at both 18mth and 24mth contracts :search:

edit just noticed the shift in the monthly payments.

Mike

Also I don't get the fact there's no delta on the 18/24 month plans

£30/month for 24 months + £239 = £959

£35/month for 18 months + £239 = £869

Yes ok £90 for 6 months worth of service, but the people that buy these kind of handsets generally want to upgrade within the 12-18 month window when the next revision is released. You'd have hoped with a 24 month tie in they'd have lowered the handset price just a little.

Awaiting official o2 handset prices along with their new tariffs...

On a side note the new mac mini looks interesting, but I wince at the cost of 8Gb of memory in it if it's still using laptop dimms

My internet on iphone 02 always works. Must be a propblem in central london :(

re: me complaining about network connections.

seems they were down for a full 24 hours. And this morning it worked. And has been super fast all morning. And I can even watch youtube videos in the city this morning.

I sense they did a major upgrade of some kind probably in anticipation of iphone 4 etc.

so how does one pre-order this on a network? only mechanism I can find is to order network free at full retail price.

Mike

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/pre-order/ if you want to pick it up from an apple store. You can then go through and select sim-free, contract new/renewal or PAYG.

sim free 32Gb from Apple direct (collect or delivery have sold out already.. at £599.. :blink:) or so people are stating

Otherwise you'll have to wait for yodafone, o2, orange etc to start their pre-orders, which are meant to start from anytime tomorrow right up to 24th.

Carphone warehouse went from '24th June' to 'June' now so not sure when they'll get them.

www.apple.com/uk/iphone/pre-order/ if you want to pick it up from an apple store. You can then go through and select sim-free, contract new/renewal or PAYG.

sim free 32Gb from Apple direct (collect or delivery have sold out already.. at £599.. :blink:) or so people are stating

Otherwise you'll have to wait for yodafone, o2, orange etc to start their pre-orders, which are meant to start from anytime tomorrow right up to 24th.

Carphone warehouse went from '24th June' to 'June' now so not sure when they'll get them.

'Tis true the 32Gb is unavailable - however, even though you can reserve for pay monthly contract it doesn't tell you how much it is going to cost !!!

The UK networks have a lot to answer for here. It's not like they didn't know when the pre-orders were going to be announced.

:thumbdown:

Mike

Orange Contract / PAYG prices announced

http://iphone.orange.co.uk/plans/#iPhonePAYM

Ouch. PAYG 16Gb = £480, 32Gb = £570

16Gb phone = £229 on £35/18 months, £119 on 24 months

32Gb phone = £319 on £35/16 months, £219 on 24 months

Will these phones be locked to Orange?

For the sake of an extra £20 I would rather buy an unlocked one from apple.

They're getting rid of unlimited data because everyone is constantly watching and uploading to youtube and the networks cannot cope.

You can still do that, but you'll have to pay more for that privilege.

I've not got an iPhone anymore but am on PAYG with Tmobile for £10 a month, 40MB a data of data :) and unlimited texts.

I recommend looking into your current data usage on an iPhone before 'upgrading'.

Surely that's why there's a fair usage policy, to try and overt that from happening. Something that should allow networks to clamp down on those people that are rinsing it. For those people that occasionally creep over a GB per month, they don't want to see a charge for it.

Surely that's why there's a fair usage policy, to try and overt that from happening. Something that should allow networks to clamp down on those people that are rinsing it. For those people that occasionally creep over a GB per month, they don't want to see a charge for it.

They are struggling with data demands. Their caps are now seemingly 500MB/month, with an option to buy more MB per month.

It's not really what the people want, it's what the network wants. Because they're all doing the same thing, it's not really competitive.

People hear "unlimited" and then get upset because they didn't read the fair usage policy and thought they could watch 200 youtube videos a day*.

To combat being taken to court, the networks are now saying "500MB a month or buy more".

*totally invented.