The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iPhone 4

caseys

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HD Video Recording??! Seriously wtf?! That is mental!

Man I just got my HTC Desire and while I'm really impressed with it, HD video recording sounds amazing!! :'(

The desire is also capable of HD video recording... I understand it's just waiting on a software update to do so.

For those that cane their data rate... o2 tariffs just been announced, less vfm than previously..

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html#paymonth

Also:

Unlimited data on all smartphone tariffs is a promotion until 1 October 2010. Excessive usage policy and terms apply, see o2.co.uk.

In the t&cs ....The Unlimited Wi-Fi and Web Bolt On is included at no extra cost for customers connecting or upgrading to any iPhone tariff until further notice. O2 reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time on reasonable notice. Participating customers will receive 30 days notice via text message if changes are made to their disadvantage. Excessive usage policy applies see Data Bolt Ons terms below

i havnt seen any phone prices with the released tarrifs yet. Im hoping its gona be the same price as the 3gs.

At announcement the release price of the iPhone4 in the states was the same price as the current 3GS so I would hope the same in the UK.

Mike

At announcement the release price of the iPhone4 in the states was the same price as the current 3GS so I would hope the same in the UK.

Mike

AT&T though have a higher monthly charge so give a heavier subsidy. This time around they've also raised their prices / dropped the value of the data plans. With iPhones over there you need a voice plan and a data plan... $75-100 a month for what we can get here for $50-60 worth.

Prices will be announced tomorrow. I speculate that it'll what they cost on 18 month contracts last time around will be the 24 month contract price and that 18 month contract prices will get a bump.

Dread to think 12 month subsidy contract prices.

Internet has been down all morning. Getting fed up it.

Internet is down 75% of the time I attempt to connect to it. And when you call o2 they play dumb as if its my phone at fault.

All I want to do is check my emails!

Didn't realise its not just iphones and o2. Mobile internet was much more reliable on my old w800i 4 years ago than now! All these flash phones and features which just don't work reliably!

Happy o2 are finally putting bandwidth limits on iphone users.

They have ruined the mobile internet surfing experience for everyone.

Blo**dy iphone users :D

It's not just iphone users as RedM said, it's all 'smartphone' users now... so crackberry, android etc. If you're using data gone are the days of unlimited on any network I think.

Blame social networking sites ...

That and youtube, voip etc. I think the only data intensive app I uses is Google Maps, otherwise I use it for email and reading the occasional website.

500Mb/month is not bad, I'd still say it's excessive. Otherwise it's wifi at home or you got to ask what are you doing all day which requires that much mobile data! Had my 3GS since launch and used 3.7Gb according to stats.

Internet is down 75% of the time I attempt to connect to it. And when you call o2 they play dumb as if its my phone at fault.

All I want to do is check my emails!

Probably your area chap. London and big cosmopolitan areas are probably at saturation / contention breaking point. Down in Bournemouth I can get a 3G signal (apart from in my office...) and have probably had 1-2 days of crappy signal since I've been using o2 for mobile interweb, which is probably 4 years+.

Probably your area chap. London and big cosmopolitan areas are probably at saturation / contention breaking point. Down in Bournemouth I can get a 3G signal (apart from in my office...) and have probably had 1-2 days of crappy signal since I've been using o2 for mobile interweb, which is probably 4 years+.

It must be. Unfortunately for me I work in the city of London. Probably the most saturated place for smartphones in the uk, possibly the western world!

And its just unbearably bad. And when I get home its generally ok, but then I don't need it at home as I have a proper pc/wifi etc.

Very annoying!

It must be, the internets have been working fine for me all day.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/news/?newsid=3226863

Vodafone

The company will be charging £189 for the 16GB model, and £280 for the 32GB model on contract. Customers will have to take out a contract starting at either a £25-per-month for two years, or £30-per-month for 18 months. Roughly £30 more than 3GS prices for the handset is a rough figure

Orange: