The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iPhone 4

caseys

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an email from o2. They are doing an upgrade early offer from the 24th of June till the 24th of July.

Basically you pay £20 quid for every remaining month on your current contract, mines comes in at £80.

Seams ok to me.

Me too. Mine came to 60£. I had one of the early iPhones many moons ago. Gonna try this one to see what the fuss is about.

Precisely.

Will it be offered as a free upgrade or will it still be charged as such? Anyone?

I'd imagine they would still charge something for the handset tbh. Like they did with the 1st ones. The longer the contract and the price of the tarrif you choose will probably determine what you need to pay. Hopefully the pricing is released before long.

I'm hoping not too much but as you say will need to wait and see. I've been on the £35 per month tariff for the last 18 months.

I'm on the £45 a month. I paid £80 for the handset back last January. I'm expecting to pay roughly around the same, although I'm unsure if that's on top of the £80 early upgrade fee?

Best taking out insurance on it though, I'm on my 4th or 5th handset now.

Whoa!

I'm on the original handset from 18 months ago and haven't had any problems at all. Luck of the draw perhaps?

The 1st one went mental and blew itself up, The refurbed one from Apple store in Glasgow, I had 2 week then spilled water over it.

The 3rd one I lobbed at my brother for being a specky tit, I missed. Claimed the insurance and landed with a 3GS.

As Marv would say....."I'm Happy As Larry" lol

I thought they did?!

It is / it will on the next release of iOS

Also concensus has it that prices will remain roughly the same as previously, so expect an 18 month £35 contract to pay £149+ for the 16gb, £200-249 for the 32Gb. 2 year contracts or higher tariffs again price will vary.

PAYG prices previously on release:

3G 8GB: £349.99

3G 16GB: £399.99

3GS 16GB: £440.40

3GS 32GB: £538.30

And doubt they'd be revised downwards.

Think many of the Networks are waiting for the each other to announce pricing then hopefully trigger an undercut/price war on the contract side. o2 have to be aggressive to retain the largest iphone user base.