The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iPhone 4

caseys

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, what about the issues with it causing error 9 codes and bricking it?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/16/iphone_4_ios_update_gripes/

Now on my 3rd handset :(

1st handset modem kept dropping data connection (reception problems fine)

2nd handset bluetooth reception was unusable - couldn't even keep it in a pocket without breaking up (yet again no call reception issues)

3rd handset - fingers crossed...

C'est la vie.

Anyone on here moved up to an iphone 4 from an Xperia X10 ?

Worth the extra pounds ?

Hows the camera compare ?

The iPhone camera is worse.

The X10 will get HD recording with 2.1 later this year.

With the X10, you might be able to make a phone call ;)

You have an iPhone for the interface. It's still 2nd to none...I bought a camera for taking proper pictures on.

My iPhone4 does lose signal but I've never lost a call...not had any other issues.

As a recent Android switcher, I must say that I don't see the advantages of the iOS that I once did.

There's always the argument of having a dedicated camera for photography. When Jobs revealed the first iPhone he said the camera wasn't important, nor MMS, nor even 3G.

When MMS came to the iPhone, it had a special announcement, even though we've been doing it for years. Same with 3G. Same with the camera - Jobs said it's fantastic now.

I loved my iPhone but I would strongly advise a buyer to try out a couple of android devices - they're not to be balked at.

Same here. I was thinking about getting an Android phone but the iPhone is more established.. maybe when my contract expires I'll switch.

I have noticed my signal to be weak in some areas, I've not had issues making or receiving calls. I'll get the free bumper anyway.

• 1 month later...

Anyone heard any more news on the white iPhone 4? I've been waiting for ages now and actually considering that samsung galaxy S as Gav seems to bring new phones home daily and it actually looked like a larger iPhone 3. Just not sure on the android system.. iOS just seems so simple and everything is 1 press..

My iphone4 shipped with 4.0.2 and there is no jailbreak for that. Upgraded to 4.1 and I do like the HDR function, not enough to justifily the upgrade in software tho.

I hope they get the jailbreak greenp0ison out soon, I am keeping my iphone3 for now, will sell it once my iphone4 is jailbroken

• 2 weeks later...