The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iPhone 4

caseys

Yeah yeah... some of us are iPhone luddites :)

New one's being officially announced right now.

Availability - On Sale June 24th in US & UK. Pre-order June 15th

US Prices - Price with 2 year contract: $199 for 16GB model, $299 for 32GB model

UK Prices - awaiting

iPhone 3GS - 8Gb version - $99 / £xx

*iOS - iPhone OS 4 available June 21st*

iPhone 4 :

4x resolution screen

A4 chip

16Gb or 32Gb version

Black or white

Running iOS 4 (multitasking, folders, retina display integration, enhancements to mail, camera and photo apps, much deeper enterprise integration and tons of new features)

Quad band

802.11n

5MP camera with LED flash

Front facing camera

HD video - 720 @ 30fps

Movie editing on iphone

Video calling (WIFI only in 2010)

But the feature I find most interesting yet is it's got a gyroscope as well as the accelerometer. Have that mounted to that dash and going round a track it'll now be able to tell you roll and yaw :) I wonder if any decent track apps will come out.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, HTC desire is better ;)

:tongue::D:tongue:

It's also got a 'Backside illuminated sensor' ooo-er.

HTC would be my second choice... I'd love one over a crackberrry.

For me (because of ease of use for now)

Apple

HTC

Palm

Crackberries

Surprised you've not played with PalmOS actually Gav :)

Aany news on when they will be released? I just received the 16gb 3GS a few weeks ago, but my renewal is in November.

Might make a good Xmas pressie for myself.

Presentation's still going through features right now, probably announce at the end of it.

As the store's not down in US or UK I am thinking not immediate, but happy to be proved wrong :)

I had this discussion with a few guys at work,

Phones are pretty much identical these days and it is simply the software that gives devices their edge.

e.g. What new hardware is there in a 4, that is REALLY useful compared to the 3GS

I had this discussion with a few guys at work,

Phones are pretty much identical these days and it is simply the software that gives devices their edge.

e.g. What new hardware is there in a 4, that is REALLY useful compared to the 3GS

.... but it's shiny....

Hmm, in seriousness, higher DPI screen, better battery life so far are the only true plus points to me at the moment.

The battery life looks really good. Much better than previous and better than the Desire.

If you are feeling brave enough, a rooted desire and something like setcpu can do wonders for battery life. My froyo'd desire is okay on battery life.

The lack of fiddle factor is definitely something that swayed me towards the HTC.

Significantly better battery life from what I've read - although, real world vs lab needs to be seen first.

Am due to upgrade my 3G, so it might be time...

Going on previous evidence of macbook/macbook pro/iphone2/3/ipads Apple are quite conservative on their estimates so I'd be reasonably happy to believe their figures.

Caning an iPad you really can use it for 9 hours+

Hmmm on the video calling. Just like webcams etc... anyone think it'll catch on? Half the time on a mobile having a call you're looking at something else

Ahh video calling - WIFI only this year

EDIT : Ok it has it's advantages, you can see your child over the phone, or you can sign language at people if you're deaf. I'll give them that they're good uses of it. But it's not using an open standard but they're trying to push it as such

Had a white 3G and white 3GS but white iphone 4 looks... horrible imho.

The lack of fiddle factor is definitely something that swayed me towards the HTC.

I've actually gone the other way, I used to love fiddling and tinkering but I spent so long doing it I made myself sick of it - just want things to work with minimum fuss now.

I was eyeing up a Dell Streak this morning but I've been waiting for this announcement.. it sounds like it's 'enough' to keep me on the iPhone route. Time to upgrade my 2g. :)

Running iOS 4 (multitasking, folders, retina display integration, enhancements to mail, camera and photo apps, much deeper enterprise integration and tons of new features)

What's that? Not fancy talk for a retinal scanner is it?

meh, HTC desire is better ;)

Not for me but its successor will be surely.

Pity we don't/can't have the HTC Evo 4G over here

Having read a bit more about it I am less impressed than I was initially. Screen looks lush but beyond that...

What I do like about it, and the same goes for Apple in general, is how integrated and polished stuff like ibooks and most other apps are. The Android stuff just isn't there yet which is probably down to there being no single driving ideology like there is at Apple.