The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Radiator questions

PDowdy

Hi guys

been doing some diggin on these forums n found that the auto n man radiators are different... n the rad on my auto exploded in my face last night. (enjoyed the comment someone made about the plastic tap rad cap being a grenade - very true).

Big wave to the black supra that waved as he drove past me in the layby - just off M1 jn27 :cool:

Moneys tight at the mo so looking for a cheap option to replace...

Seen the race rads on Whifbitz but thats too much.

Has anyone ever bought one of the alu one's off fleabay ??

such as

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-TURBO-MK4-JZA80-ALLOY-RACE-RADIATOR-RAD-/350233214401?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518b86bdc1

Are these any good or should I avoid like the plague ??

Plus if I replace with a manual rad does anyone have any good suggestions for what sort of rad I use for the trans cooling ??

Thanks guys..

oh last one - anyone know if an aristo radiator is the same as can get my hands on a freebie if it fits. Haven't had chance to go n look if its similar so wondered if anyone noticed.

i bough a replacement radiator off ebay from user 2fast2cool

and the fitment was terrible the nuts welded to the radiator for the shroud to fit too were a mile off.

anyways i contacted 2fast2cool and got a refund.

i then got in touch with a mate who advised me a user to buy from and what a difference the fit was very happy with it.

This is for a manual not sure if the manual and auto vary??

search ASI SUPRA RADIATOR on teh ebay ;)

Hi guys

been doing some diggin on these forums n found that the auto n man radiators are different... n the rad on my auto exploded in my face last night. (enjoyed the comment someone made about the plastic tap rad cap being a grenade - very true).

Big wave to the black supra that waved as he drove past me in the layby - just off M1 jn27 :cool:

Moneys tight at the mo so looking for a cheap option to replace...

Seen the race rads on Whifbitz but thats too much.

Has anyone ever bought one of the alu one's off fleabay ??

such as

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-TURBO-MK4-JZA80-ALLOY-RACE-RADIATOR-RAD-/350233214401?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518b86bdc1

Are these any good or should I avoid like the plague ??

Plus if I replace with a manual rad does anyone have any good suggestions for what sort of rad I use for the trans cooling ??

Thanks guys..

oh last one - anyone know if an aristo radiator is the same as can get my hands on a freebie if it fits. Haven't had chance to go n look if its similar so wondered if anyone noticed.

Can you make an effort to type properly please.

I have an ASI 52mm dual core radiator in my car. Cost me around £140 from China. Great fitment no issues and that's with an FMIC.

Welds are a little rough in places but that's the only issue I have with it. No fitment issues at all.

There is one on eBay for £99 with £45 postage.

As far as I am aware they don't do an auto rad though.

I have an ASI 52mm dual core radiator in my car. Cost me around £140 from China. Great fitment no issues and that's with an FMIC.

Welds are a little rough in places but that's the only issue I have with it. No fitment issues at all.

There is one on eBay for £99 with £45 postage.

As far as I am aware they don't do an auto rad though.

Same here

no problems

use a separate auto cooler

Cheers for the replies guys, all very helpful.

And thanks to Bossco for the kind offer of a stock auto but I think I'll have a crack at fitting an uprated radiator.

Has anyone done this on an auto that can reccomend an oil cooler ? Or at least know the rough size of one I can fit in??

thanks in advance and sorry for my text typing... old habits die hard.

I stock uprated radiators that fit, they are £200 + del.

I also stock gearbox oil cooler kits that come with every thing needed for full installation, they are £100.

Cheers

Lee

Do you have any more info on these please Lee, looking for something to go on an auto NA

Will take some more pics tomorrow as I have one fitted to a car here. For now here is one I took when I was fitting it, sorry its not great more to follow tomorrow.

I will be doing a thread in my section on these rads with pics etc, Im just waiting for more to be made I only have 2 at the moment. I have sold a few already and the feedback has been very good. :)

• 2 weeks later...

To Chino,

I was nervous about getting one of those ASI ones from China too, despite the good reviews here its a long way to post it back if it's wrong - plus I was short on time and needed one quick.

I got one of the ebay ones from 'fastpartz'. Quality is great but its marginally too fat and too high... havin a hell of a time fitting it.

I'd suggest avoiding them...

Those pics Lee put on look absolutely spot on - I can see all the points I've have fitment issues and Lee's looks ideal.

If you're putting it in an auto the passenger wheel arch is an ideal place to put a standalone oil cooler.

Guest Tayousei

Not sure if Mishimoto is available in UK for decent shipping, but it's priced well, they sell an aux tranny cooler and you can get a Spal fan like I did. They all fit perfectly with just enough clearance, despite the rad being bigger than stock. All the bolts line up perfectly. Good reviews from some people on this side of the Atlantic, nothing bad, except I don't like the look of a few of the welds on top (I'm anal), but mostly they are good. Only had to modify a bit of the stock shroud to fit the new fan and splice the old fan connector into the new fan. Good luck whichever route you go.