The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby Aerial ( S2000 Type )

supra steveo

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad you liked who it looked fitted to the car but i think i will need to re-think how this is attached to the car , i personally think that a bit of that stuff some people put body kits on with should be good enough to hold the base together but i think ive had a better idea now anyway so will let you all know how it goes

Fitted Perfectly, sprayed the extension bar matt Black, think it looks great. No issues with over stressing the antenna base. Only other thing I had to do was, put a small extra bend in the bottom of the bracket below the mounting hole.

Tried both ways and reception was great, but connected the red power lead as well to job the job properly.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5181/p9190445.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8734/p9190446.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dead simple and pleased with the results.

had a few ideas will try and put these to the test

the next group buy will be put on hold until i can sort this out

great :( thanks paul. Now i have to wait even longer to listen to static on the radio :(

Gerr. most people seem to be fitting them without issue.

great :( thanks paul. Now i have to wait even longer to listen to static on the radio :(

Gerr. most people seem to be fitting them without issue.

:) TBH I won't bother highlighting anything like this in the future then, not worth the aggro. I found an issue when fitting and Steve is making an improvement so all is good as far as I'm concerned ;)

Look at it this way, when you do get one it'll be better than ever and last :)

my metal smith will be back next tuesday and i am getting hold of a tap and dye set to trial the MKII design on my own extension bar i think the the MKII bracket will be easy to knock up by hand (just to trial) as soon as i get the sizes right i will get the laser cutter to start knocking them up

what i intend to is put a thread on the entension bar and a nut, then to mod the bracket it will just put a hole in the top of the bracket so the extension will fit through , then whenits all fited the antenna base will fit on the bottom of the extension bar without stress ©

this is my design :D :p but people on the first group buy can use this info to mod there kits if they so wish :D either that or send the extension bar and bracket back to me ...... well thats if your not happy with the mk1 design