The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Basic Vac line plumbing help

johnd-mkiv

getting to the final stages with my 1jz engine being as they are alike to the 2jz wondering if you can shed some light on the a basic vac install for the following

Power steering pump - it has two spigots from what I have read one plumbs into the throttle body the other into the intake manifold.

Aeromotive fpr - straight into the manifold?

Vac sensor - two spigots from this?? also an explanation of what it does would be handy :)

Emanage map sensor - ?

theres another thing bolted to the inside of the intake with a single spigot from it is this a damper I have read up on??

Idle control valve has a 20mm ish spigot on the back going to nothing?

I have found a couple of one way valve (little black bobbin) bits and pieces

If you can help me plumb this lot in I would be greatful ;)

Edited by johnd-mkiv (see edit history)

Can only help on these two ;)

Indeed, anywhere on the inlet manifold should be fine.

Emanage map sensor - ?

Again anywhere on the inlet manifold should be OK, the 2JZ uses a little dampner/filter thingy but it would work fine without it, my car has been running an AEM MAP connected to the spare port at the back of the stock inlet for a few years without issue.

Power steering pump - it has two spigots from what I have read one plumbs into the throttle body the other into the intake manifold.

Yep. One side goes before the throttle plate and one side after it (i.e. into the plenum). There is a valve inside that lets air bypass the throttle plate and reach the engine when the wheel is turned, a lowtech solution to upping the idle when the PAS puts load on the engine.

Yes.

Vac sensor - two spigots from this?? also an explanation of what it does would be handy :)

If this is the stock MAP sensor then I would have thought it only had one connection :blink: So not sure which bit you are referring to, or if it is a MAP sensor with two inputs, I've no idea what you do with them :)

Emanage map sensor - ?

I used to have this plumbed straight into the plenum but the pressure values are all over the shop. I then plumbed it into a dampened output instead (the small black screw-in thingy) and that cleared up the datalogged values no end.

theres another thing bolted to the inside of the intake with a single spigot from it is this a damper I have read up on??

That's the dampener :) Take important vacuum references off that - the stock MAP, the E-Manage MAP. Where accuracy isn't important, don't use it. That's PAS, BOV, FPR, brake booster et al.

Idle control valve has a 20mm ish spigot on the back going to nothing?

That'll probably be the air intake. It's usually plumbed into the pre-turbo intake side, on conversions you can find a tiny K&N filter on there. Leaving it completely open is inadvisable as then you'll suck in grit and stuff at idle.

I have found a couple of one way valve (little black bobbin) bits and pieces

A picture would help here. It's probably a one way valve for the EVAP emissions system.

-Ian

If this is the stock MAP sensor then I would have thought it only had one connection :blink: So not sure which bit you are referring to, or if it is a MAP sensor with two inputs, I've no idea what you do with them :)

-Ian

On the ecu pin outs it says vac sensor tiny little thing with a blue plug attached that goes back to the ecu :search: :)

Thanks for the other info thats a great help