The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help! Business name and logo

kslb

I am starting a motorcycle storage business this year and then going into motorcycle rentals next summer and need a name that is appropriate for both aspects of the business.

When a name is decided and domain name sorted I can then start advertising for this coming winter. The idea being the storage will keep ticking over through the winter and then the rentals for the summer months.

Any ideas for names, logos etc much appreciated.

Edit: Thanks for the ideas now sorted please feel free to visit the website

http://www.bikeboxstorage.co.uk

Stash & Thrash whilst sounding catchy seems to promote thrashing rentals which I would not want.

Bikebox I like and the Grampian Motorcycle Storage & Rentals does have logic attatched however if I move in the future and take the business with me I would have to rename.

Thanks guys

Keep 'em coming!

Crotch rocket rentals? What sort of bikes you thinking of using?

No sportsbikes as insurance is a nightmare.

Rental side is still a bit open, I have spoken to triumph dealers and Honda dealers it will either be classic looking triumphs or touring Hondas however a bit of me wants it to be japanese classics but I havn't done any research in this area to see if there is a demand for the classics.

I am hoping to have the rental side set up for April next year but start advertising it this year when the storage starts.

Bikebox is a winner mate. It can apply to both business routes, is very catchy and most importantly bikeboxstorage.co.uk and bikeboxrentals.co.uk are both available. Get them both and either have 2 sites or park one domain pointing to main site.

bikebox is a winner mate. It can apply to both business routes, is very catchy and most importantly bikeboxstorage.co.uk and bikeboxrentals.co.uk are both available. Get them both and either have 2 sites or park one domain pointing to main site.

+1. Good luck with it.

I am starting a motorcycle storage business this year and then going into motorcycle rentals next summer and need a name that is appropriate for both aspects of the business.

Good luck with it Keith,

however be very careful how you promote the business so that you don't end up with ambiguity. I thought for a moment you were going to be renting out the bikes that you were storing :blink:.

:lol:

Mike

Storage: 'BikeBox'

I'll have to think about the rental bit....

Great idea have gone with that!

Bikebox is a winner mate. It can apply to both business routes, is very catchy and most importantly bikeboxstorage.co.uk and bikeboxrentals.co.uk are both available. Get them both and either have 2 sites or park one domain pointing to main site.

Also great advice so took that as well!

Thanks for all the ideas and now please feel free to visit

http://www.bikeboxstorage.co.uk

This one is parked and redirects to the storage website

http://www.bikeboxrentals.co.uk

Feel free to be critical of the website as it is the first time I have tried anything like this and I am a complete techno biff!

I do have to come up with a logo I think!

Its all about visibility now , you can have the greatest website and facility ,but if no one can find you on google then you simply dont exist .

Its very seldom that people go beyond page 1 of search results and seldom beyond 20 seconds duration even if they find your site !!

Try googling yourself , with bikes,motorbikes ,storage,aberdeen,and such like and see what happens ?

You now need an website guy who knows his stuff---- ie about 0.0001% of the people who offer this service,and will take your money from you ;)

Simple things like links to Motorbike forums,removal companies,expatriot sites,etc you can do yourself with an email

,Good luck

Took a quick look at your site ,I know its new ,but the questions an Owner of the bike would ask are not answered

ie Do you collect/deliver?

what insurance cover is there ?

Can you inflate and rotate tyres ?

Can I contact you to check if bike starts before I come and collect

What happens to the keys ?

and loads more ,just my 2 p worth

Took a quick look at your site ,I know its new ,but the questions an Owner of the bike would ask are not answered

ie Do you collect/deliver?

what insurance cover is there ?

Can you inflate and rotate tyres ?

Can I contact you to check if bike starts before I come and collect

What happens to the keys ?

and loads more ,just my 2 p worth

thanks some good questions which I will add to the FAQ page and I will put a few more details on the services page to cover some of those points.

Thanks again all input valuable.

With regards to the google point I have it in hand but it may take a while to get on the search engines.

Google sandbox lasts anywhere in between now and about a year. Usually 6 months.

Smashing the local SERP should take you 3-6 months.

Good luck, its a PITA!

Only just found out what a serp is!!

Managed to get on the first page on google already under motorcycle storage Aberdeen, I have a gumtree add up near the top and then the website itself about half way down.

Well chuffed with that!