The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rip my dogs gone:-(

jazz1

Cant believe its happend i had no choice i tryed all meds to homeopathic stuff. Last two days he never moved i had to feed him and give him water nothing i could do he wouldnt move. Today he was in tears he wouldnt look me in the eyes i had no choice but to put him to sleep i feel so fucked now chunk my hearts gone. Tears cant explain how much i miss him RIP SPIKE MARCH 1996-12 MAY 2010:(:(:(:(:(

sorry to hear this, I know how you feel, my dog will be out down in the next 2 weeks unfortunately and we have had him for 15 years. I was in tears today watching him struggle while he was looking at me and trying to get up on my bed.

Remember the good times, celebrate his/her life ;)

Sorry to hear that Jazz, you did all you can but sometimes it's just time to let them go. At least the lad had a good innings. Had a few dogs and other pets put down over the years, always due to old age, it never gets any easier. Darn pets, sometimes we care about them more than other people!

people say it is hard to get another dog afterwards because you feel like you are moving on too quickly but trust me it works, get the same breed and your new dog will bring back all the good memories you have of your recently deceased dog and you will fall in love all over again :)

I had the same hard decision to make about 2 months ago...i feel your pain man :-(

Time is a healer, but you never forget the love for them.

It might not be to everybodys taste, but i had the ashes back in a nice box and i now keep them near his favourite spot.

best wishes...

I had the same hard decision to make about 2 months ago...i feel your pain man :-(

Time is a healer, but you never forget the love for them.

It might not be to everybodys taste, but i had the ashes back in a nice box and i now keep them near his favourite spot.

best wishes...

I understand how you are feeling after having to put 2 of my dogs to sleep within the space of 12 months. Just remember that the time they had with you that they were loved. I have my dogs ashes in a box too and she looks out the window with me every day.

Chin up and do think about getting another dog soon, it will help fill the void.

Its bloody hard, i tryed all i could to delay him but those back legs in the last two days just collapsed completly:(

Exactly how my dog went, filled up for weeks after, any dog i saw , the house so quiet with out him made me fill up, so upsetting ! feel for you man :(

Took me two years to get another, but you look back and deep down you know you treated him well , looked after him and spoilt him rotten ! he had a great life !!:)

:(RIP my Bearded collie is 14 not looking forward to the prospect of what will happen over the next year or so, my wee fell terrier is 2 years younger and has cushions syndrom, so may be cut down in her prime

Just bought a beardie myself, he's seven months now and a nutter ! love them , wot an intelligent and loving dog !! ;)

Thanks guys, i feel abit better having the dream about him last night
:(
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif
. Im having his ashes back that way i can see him farewell my way

Some places will actually do private cremations and you get the ashs back in a nice box. Rather than a collection of ashs from other animals as well. I know it shouldn't really make any difference and we were probably being a bit silly, but the wife and I went for a private cremation and the fancy box route.

RIP Spike

Sorry to hear this Jazz, but as said, he had a great life which is all you can do & better than a lot of dogs get.

We keep the ashes of all our dogs, it's painfull now but it will pass, I now look back at our passed dogs with fond memories and no hint of sadness

Sorry to hear this Jazz :(

I've had at least 2 dogs around me at any one time for my entire life, so this is something I have been through many, many times and it never gets any easier :(. Thankfully they have almost always been after a long and full life where, I would like to hope, they were always happy, free and treated better than most humans! I know that it's no consolation right now, but you've had many happy years with him, and I'm sure he had a great life where he wanted for nothing with you.

Whenever this happens, we always get a new puppy within a few weeks. This is mainly to keep the remaining dog company, but it also helps the grieving process to have a new addition to the family to focus on. I know it may seem like a betrayal to the memory of the previous dog to effectively 'replace' him/her so soon, but it's really not like that at all. You will never, ever forget and the new dog will just be like a living memory of each previous one. I remember the name & character of every single dog we've ever had, including 2 litters of puppies (15 in total) from the past 30 years.

It will get better soon, and you'll be able to put aside the initial grief and focus on the happy memories :)