The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JM-Imports 850BHP Jun 4.0 Stroker R35 GTR Project + Greddy TD06-20G Twin Turbos

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Turbo is here and motor going in today or tomorrow so hopefully JP we can have the line up, real shame Jurgen won't be there as was looking forward to racing him as well, we are just having to re-enginneer as we found a rod just and I mean just touching the bottom of the bore. Hoping we can tickle the map on our dyno to save a day at TDI (its a whole day by the time its loaded and driven there and bolted on etc). But all told we are all set for Suprapod, Im thinking of giving TOTB a miss as the move is going to take priority.
good luck with it..

i will be there in something thats for sure..maybes not to compete with you lot but it wont be something slow..

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about this Jurgen.

Out of interest, would it be a really bad idea to wire up the ignition so that if the oil pressure dropped the engine would automatically turn off?

I guess power steering and other engine driven things would pack up...

Really sorry to hear this matey, the build up was a work of art and I hope JUN do the right thing by you :thumbs:

it was running 28psi at time and i even had a bit of race fuel in it too.

What race fuel was it and does the stock ECU add/trim timing with higher grade fuel based on feedback?

c16 mate, yes ecu adjust the fuel mate...

Were the dyno runs done on normal road fuel?

If so I guess its possible that with the C16 in the tank the stock ECU could have trimmed fueling/ignition to give even more power.

Is the r35 block anything like that in the 350z, same casings etc???

Similar design, but strengthened I think, (although insufficiently for Jurgen's needs ;)).

AER are getting great power and reliability from the 350Z based N/A units, now over 500 BHP, which is pretty good for an engine based on a 3.5 V6 road car's castings:

http://www.aerltd.com/products.html

• 2 weeks later...
Jurgen, have you come across any decent photos of these block failures? Has no one band sawed a block up that's failed (or even one that's not) and had a look at the casting structure? This sort of thing fascinates me and I am over at Engine Developments soon, who have people there who design endurance race engines from the idea stage through casting design, crank and piston manufacture, prototyping, development and on to Le Mans track side support. Whilst they do nothing for free I am sure I could get a few people to voice an opinion if they had some proper evidence to consider. Even if you just get high resolution photos of any external block damage, it would be interesting. People seem to mention oil and water spurting out, which obviously suggests the crack has been through both a water jacket and an oil gallery. These are often near engine mountings....

Might be worth a chat with Iain Litchfield, I believe he's band-sawing a good block up to see how it's cast.

WOW -

only to be expected from such a company as JUN..

everybody on here knows how much of an anal i am with the build and changin oil every 1000-1500 miles and also my long running in process.

a very happy JUN customere here.

JUN Auto Mechanic

3-1-7 Sekimachikita Nerimaku Tokyo

Tel 81-3-3920-4165 Fax 81-3-3594-2689

Aug 1

Dear Jurgen

How are you? We took the engine apart. The conrod and wet liner were

destroyed by the big power and big torque. We make the new engine

considering such a big power. It will have finished in Sep 22. The delivery

will be Sep 26 by DHL.

Thank you,