The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JM-Imports 850BHP Jun 4.0 Stroker R35 GTR Project + Greddy TD06-20G Twin Turbos

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Rich mans game pushing these cars to such high bhp, if it was me, i would keep the power low on the new engine for a while (or at least until you have raced me;) ) let others be the test mules mate, thats the trouble with such a new car, not enough development yet in the tuning scene.

Can i ask what the engine cost, i understand if you dont want to say.

Must be so stressful for you all this, Thats the great thing with the 2jz, if my engine let go i honestly could not give a toss as long as i didnt miss any of the big meets, id hate to drive a car and have to worry about it letting go, i want to drive it flat out without a care.

i looked on the jun site earlier 4.0 stroker r35 gtr engine is listed as just over £34000 !

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

complete engine mate...

just for the record i never paid anything near that ;-).

i have a JUN sponsored car.

Hopefully if JUN sponsor it they will want to get you sorted as they must realise a lot of potential owners will be keeping tabs worldwide, anything over 1000hp and one tiny little problem spells disaster.

i steel feel sick at my price still, but i bet its similar to a JZA80 full rebuild..

Ive not worked mine out, off the top of my head its about 5 grand but thats with a brand new head.

Brand new fully supertech built head was £1600 iirc from mvp.

Cams was £500

Rods £550

Pistons £600ish

acl bearings £200

billet mains £250 (second hand)

arp mains and head about £300

Stock head gasket?

Cant remember what the rebore was now.

Edited :p

i steel feel sick at my price still, but i bet its similar to 3 JZA80 full rebuilds..

Great to hear JUN have taken an interest in helping you out, Jurgen. Fingers crossed they come back with a palatable solution for you. :)

Edited :p

Great to hear JUN have taken an interest in helping you out, Jurgen. Fingers crossed they come back with a palatable solution for you. :)

i have good feeling about it mate..the car actually could of ran more power and if you watched top gear tonight, you can only imagine what 1000bhp R35 GTR feels like..

was incredible (i seriously think nobody with similar power 800-1200) would touch it 0-200mph. INC jamieP lol

back to the drawing board i guess and wait to see what JUN says and take it from there....

i have good feeling about it mate..the car actually could of ran more power and if you watched top gear tonight, you can only imagine what 1000bhp R35 GTR feels like..

was incredible (i seriously think nobody with similar power 800-1200) would touch it 0-200mph. INC jamieP lol

back to the drawing board i guess and wait to see what JUN says and take it from there....

Stationary with an overwhelming smell of burnt coolant/oil? :p:D Only jesting.

You're right though, I sold mine before temptation took hold so I can only imagine how it must have felt.

I really hope it all works out for you, chief. After all, I still want a ride in it.:)

A pallet-able solution would be particularly palatable.

I'll get my coat on the way out.....

Cruel......but funny :D

I hope dude gets it together tbh, he deserves it more than me, same with yourself mate, the money/time/effort you have put into that I'd love to see it at suprapod, you would not see a bigger grin anywhere than on my face if we was lined up at that.

Jurgen, have you come across any decent photos of these block failures? Has no one band sawed a block up that's failed (or even one that's not) and had a look at the casting structure? This sort of thing fascinates me and I am over at Engine Developments soon, who have people there who design endurance race engines from the idea stage through casting design, crank and piston manufacture, prototyping, development and on to Le Mans track side support. Whilst they do nothing for free I am sure I could get a few people to voice an opinion if they had some proper evidence to consider. Even if you just get high resolution photos of any external block damage, it would be interesting. People seem to mention oil and water spurting out, which obviously suggests the crack has been through both a water jacket and an oil gallery. These are often near engine mountings....

Jurgen, have you come across any decent photos of these block failures? Has no one band sawed a block up that's failed (or even one that's not) and had a look at the casting structure? This sort of thing fascinates me and I am over at Engine Developments soon, who have people there who design endurance race engines from the idea stage through casting design, crank and piston manufacture, prototyping, development and on to Le Mans track side support. Whilst they do nothing for free I am sure I could get a few people to voice an opinion if they had some proper evidence to consider. Even if you just get high resolution photos of any external block damage, it would be interesting. People seem to mention oil and water spurting out, which obviously suggests the crack has been through both a water jacket and an oil gallery. These are often near engine mountings....
i will take some photos of mine outside for you mate..

sadly the tuners in USA arent sharing info... just saying they cracking..same as DUBAI..

the guys in dubai never even mention it - just pm me and say this happen to me aswell..

i have to send the engine to JUN by weekend LONG BLOCK.. (i cant take it part - i will take plugs out and use the camera etc to have a lool)

thanks

I hope dude gets it together tbh, he deserves it more than me, same with yourself mate, the money/time/effort you have put into that I'd love to see it at suprapod, you would not see a bigger grin anywhere than on my face if we was lined up at that.

Turbo is here and motor going in today or tomorrow so hopefully JP we can have the line up, real shame Jurgen won't be there as was looking forward to racing him as well, we are just having to re-enginneer as we found a rod just and I mean just touching the bottom of the bore. Hoping we can tickle the map on our dyno to save a day at TDI (its a whole day by the time its loaded and driven there and bolted on etc). But all told we are all set for Suprapod, Im thinking of giving TOTB a miss as the move is going to take priority.

If you were nearer I would hop in the car and come and have a look in the bores with a proper medical quality endoscope. It's nothing to do with me, and tell me to sod off, I am thick skinned, but if I had spent that much on a block I'd take a breath, pause, and get as much info on the failure as you can before sending it across the world for the makers to inspect as well. Obviously not whip the heads off, but a proper look down all bores, the engine mounts and as many external ancillaries off as possible to still comply with their request, maybe a proper clean of the block and a spray with dye penetrant crack tester and developer. Dye pen is cheap, easy to use and easy to find, and easy to clean off afterwards. It shows up cracks you can't see by eye. If I can help I will, I see an opportunity to maybe make some money from resolving issues like this, not from you, but from the R35 world in general :) Was there any data logging occurring at the time of failure?