The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JM-Imports 850BHP Jun 4.0 Stroker R35 GTR Project + Greddy TD06-20G Twin Turbos

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurgen, I don't know what to say, I can scarcely believe it.

I've literally just caught up on the last two months of progress with this build, you seemed to be totally thrilled, and now this news, it's devastating to read so I can only assume your stomach is actually on the friggin floor.

I'm so sorry for you buddy, I honestly think I'd weep.

terrible news sorry to hear that mate. dont be to down though some parts may be salvageable, has it thrown a leg out the side ?
no legs out the side mate.. but block has cracks...

am just going to leave it at back of unit for now till i speak with JUN,..

there is more info in USA now that these blocks cant handle 1000 bhp for long

no legs out the side mate.. but block has cracks...

am just going to leave it at back of unit for now till i speak with JUN,..

there is more info in USA now that these blocks cant handle 1000 bhp for long

fingers crossed then the bottom end assembly is salvageable, was she knocking at all when shut off ?

hopefully jun will help out with the repair.

Gutted for you mate. Hopefully all the internal parts are alright and didn't see no oil pressure for long. Shame the GTR Ecu does not have oil pressure engine trip like the syvecs as in the event of this happening if the oil pressure went below a certain level it would kill the engine.

A 1000bhp creates a serious amount of energy and if the cooling system cant cope then the block will go. People wonder why the veyron has some many coolers on it!! 4 Radiators alone!

Im currently building a high HP V8 which has an Aluminium block and many talk about filling the block with grout?

Ryan

Must be demorallizing Jurgen. All that hard work and £££££ you and your team have put into this stunning motor.

But again putting 1000 geegees through any engine is sort of asking for trouble. I do hope you get this sorted the best way possible but please don't sell it.

!

Im currently building a high HP V8 which has an Aluminium block and many talk about filling the block with grout?

Ryan

Alot of big power Supra guys run their blocks 1/4 filled for street use, and 1/2 filled for track only use as well. It seems to work for big powered 2J setups.....

Absolutely gutted for you mate, really sorry that you've gone through all that time & heartache in getting it sorted out, only for it to happen again just as you were getting to finally enjoy it. Hopefully you can salvage something from it and Jun can sort you out.... with any luck they will do the right thing by you. It's a well publicized car and maybe that will give them some incentive to look after you as it won't be doing their reputation for these kits any favours...

Either way, really sorry for you dude :(

Alot of big power Supra guys run their blocks 1/4 filled for street use, and 1/2 filled for track only use as well. It seems to work for big powered 2J setups.....

Sorry lads, I might have missed this and I not trying to go off topic but filled with what, and for what purpose?

Awww man, I can only echo the comments of other members that I'm properly gutted for you mate.

If I were you, I'd harass JUN for another built block, but tone it down to a safer 750/800 (which lets be honest, is way more than enough).

Good luck with it all matey, I'm sure you'll bounce back from this. You've done it once, you can do it again :thumbs:

Really sorry to hear this mate :( i don't think there is anything anyone can say to make you feel better, i just hope Jun sort you out with a new block. Being the first in the uk to have this kit i would think they want to keep their reputation and do something to fix it.

Sorry to hear this buddy but let's not be too disheartened until the feedback comes back from JUN. I'm not sure if any form of compensation will be forthcoming but at least you can moderate the power to 800 or something to make a safer system.

If it's only the block that has cracked then how much do you reckon it would cost to get your GTR back on the road again?